NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Remember when Kevin Durant left the Warriors because he wanted to win on a team of his own. Really did a lot to cement Curry's legacy that's looking pretty good right now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Totally forgot this game was on tonight. The NBA is retarded for waiting 3-5 days between every game. Lost complete interest in the series.

Props to Curry and that Warriors franchise, good timing on some tanking etc... Very opportunistic title this year; I think a healthy Bucks team goes back-to-back. Western Conference is going to be retarded next year with the Clippers returning, Denver getting healthy again and what not.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This Warriors team has to be considered the best since Duncan's Spurs at this point, no?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watch out for wiseman next year. Amazing warriors somehow went all the way while basically missing a center. Speaks to how weak the overall field was this year.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This Warriors team has to be considered the best since Duncan's Spurs at this point, no?
Undoubtedly. I think a lot of people would immediately say the "best since Jordan's Bulls", not sure if I quite agree but they have a legitimate case.
Watch out for wiseman next year. Amazing warriors somehow went all the way while basically missing a center. Speaks to how weak the overall field was this year.
He's a black hole on offense, and net negative for the Warriors currently. In fairness, he hasn't seen much time, and he has undeniable talent. Truly a scary prospect if they can turn him into a player for their system. I think they'll look to move him in a package though and get even better honestly.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Totally forgot this game was on tonight. The NBA is retarded for waiting 3-5 days between every game. Lost complete interest in the series.

Props to Curry and that Warriors franchise, good timing on some tanking etc... Very opportunistic title this year; I think a healthy Bucks team goes back-to-back. Western Conference is going to be retarded next year with the Clippers returning, Denver getting healthy again and what not.

Lol fuck that "opportunistic title" bullshit. They were the best team for the first half of the season, period, and then had some big injury issues on the back half. When healthy, they easily had the best body of work between regular season and playoffs and were the best team in the league when you include all the game since October, period.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Undoubtedly. I think a lot of people would immediately say the "best since Jordan's Bulls", not sure if I quite agree but they have a legitimate case.

He's a black hole on offense, and net negative for the Warriors currently. In fairness, he hasn't seen much time, and he has undeniable talent. Truly a scary prospect if they can turn him into a player for their system. I think they'll look to move him in a package though and get even better honestly.
They're not moving Wiseman for a package, not moving anybody for a package. This title solidified that. There was a point in March or so when it became apparent that Wiseman wasn't going to play at all that it looked like they really fucked up. Hadn't moved him for a vet, hadn't even traded or picked up a backup big. And somehow won with pretty much just Looney as the only big.

They need to bring back Looney and GP2 at reasonable deals. (tax bill going to balloon next couple years)

Wiseman was the owner's pick. He has no incentive to trade him now that we won a title without any contributions from that draft slot. They can slow play him as much as needed, and nobody really knows what he can be because the dude basically hasn't played organized basketball at a high level.

Kuminga is the better prospect anyways. 3 lottery picks ready to start growing, shits about to scary. They're going to just try to bring the whole team back, hope Wiseman can actually play, and hope for significant growth from Kuminga + Moody now that they're just turning 20.

Wiggins was always going to be the centerpiece of any major trade packages anyways and he was just our second best player in the finals. He sure as hell isn't going anywhere either.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
They're not moving Wiseman for a package, not moving anybody for a package. This title solidified that. There was a point in March or so when it became apparent that Wiseman wasn't going to play at all that it looked like they really fucked up. Hadn't moved him for a vet, hadn't even traded or picked up a backup big. And somehow won with pretty much just Looney as the only big.

They need to bring back Looney and GP2 at reasonable deals. (tax bill going to balloon next couple years)

Wiseman was the owner's pick. He has no incentive to trade him now that we won a title without any contributions from that draft slot. They can slow play him as much as needed, and nobody really knows what he can be because the dude basically hasn't played organized basketball at a high level.

Kuminga is the better prospect anyways. 3 lottery picks ready to start growing, shits about to scary. They're going to just try to bring the whole team back, hope Wiseman can actually play, and hope for significant growth from Kuminga + Moody now that they're just turning 20.

Wiggins was always going to be the centerpiece of any major trade packages anyways and he was just our second best player in the finals. He sure as hell isn't going anywhere either.
I get everything you're saying, but I don't think for one second the Warriors wouldn't immediately ship Wiggins, Wiseman, and picks for a guy like, say, Bradley Beal if they had the chance, or Embiid or something. This Warrior's front office are master canvassers. Wiggins played great, odds are they hold onto him... I don't think they get emotionally attached to any guy not named Steph or Klay, if it allows them to extend their dynasty. They'll kick Wiggins to the curb if someone better comes along, as they should!

The reality is, as good as Wiggins has played, I don't think many teams would confuse what he might be outside the Warriors. So I doubt enough value is there to make a big move. Then again pair some picks, a young asset + Wiseman, and you can find a taker. Kuminga being the "better prospect" is the exact reason why you would package a guy like Wiseman, and try to grab another rotational vet.

You can cope all you want about the "opportunistic" tag, but it was. The reigning title team was missing one of its stars, and the West will undeniably be better next year.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
lol people will always find ways to discredit the Warriors

They just accidentally'ed their way to four championships.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I get everything you're saying, but I don't think for one second the Warriors wouldn't immediately ship Wiggins, Wiseman, and picks for a guy like, say, Bradley Beal if they had the chance, or Embiid or something. This Warrior's front office are master canvassers. Wiggins played great, odds are they hold onto him... I don't think they get emotionally attached to any guy not named Steph or Klay, if it allows them to extend their dynasty. They'll kick Wiggins to the curb if someone better comes along, as they should!

The reality is, as good as Wiggins has played, I don't think many teams would confuse what he might be outside the Warriors. So I doubt enough value is there to make a big move. Then again pair some picks, a young asset + Wiseman, and you can find a taker. Kuminga being the "better prospect" is the exact reason why you would package a guy like Wiseman, and try to grab another rotational vet.

You can cope all you want about the "opportunistic" tag, but it was. The reigning title team was missing one of its stars, and the West will undeniably be better next year.

Sure, there are a few players where if any became available they'd make a deal - Embiid, Jokic, Giannis. Bradley Beal is not one of them. Poole gives you 80% of what Beale does without having to give anything away, is fraction the cost for the next year and will keep improving. What they will not do is trade their young assets anytime soon for a rotational vet. They can get rotational vets at vet mins who are chasing rings.

Yes, it was Wiggins contract that always would have been required in a big deal, with the young assets giving the real value. But the Warriors clearly can't view him as just an expiring contract now, if they ever did.

The Bucks were the reigning champs but they were never considered the favorite, not a juggernaut. At full health there were 4-5 teams in the mix in the East before the playoffs started, and I don't think any was a clear-cut favorite, Bucks with Middleton included. Celtics were right in the mix since they had been so good since their pretty poor first 2-3 months or whatever.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Sure, there are a few players where if any became available they'd make a deal - Embiid, Jokic, Giannis. Bradley Beal is not one of them. Poole gives you 80% of what Beale does without having to give anything away, is fraction the cost for the next year and will keep improving. What they will not do is trade their young assets anytime soon for a rotational vet. They can get rotational vets at vet mins who are chasing rings.

Yes, it was Wiggins contract that always would have been required in a big deal, with the young assets giving the real value. But the Warriors clearly can't view him as just an expiring contract now, if they ever did.

The Bucks were the reigning champs but they were never considered the favorite, not a juggernaut. At full health there were 4-5 teams in the mix in the East before the playoffs started, and I don't think any was a clear-cut favorite, Bucks with Middleton included. Celtics were right in the mix since they had been so good since their pretty poor first 2-3 months or whatever.
I thought whoever was going to end up winning this title that it was always going to be a little "opportunistic", the Middleton injury just added to a weaker landscape in the game this year. Now that being said, the Warriors might win regardless, very good chance. I, personally, think a fully healthy Bucks team probably edges this Warriors team, but it would be really close.

I do think next year is going to be a far deeper collection of teams. Warriors will probably be even better, Denver for sure, Clippers will be back with a phenomenal core. In a just world, the Lakers do not find some miraculous way to offload that horrendous Westbrook contract, but who knows. Memphis and Dallas should improve. Maybe the Suns stay good? Pelicans, if Zion ever returns.

The East, I don't really know. Guess it really depends on whether the Bucks stay healthy, and if Philadelphia & the Heat can round out a better team. Nets are a giant question mark.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tatum 100 turnovers in this postseason. The most ever.

I saw a hilarious meme about Tatum texting Kobe's cell phone saying "I got you today" and wore his number on purple armband during a Finals game, and the new one after Celtics lost shows Kobe's spirit saying "dont fucking call me anymore" LOL.

Tatum needs to spend many hours in the gym working on his handles. People hate on Lebron but one thing you could rely on him for was to be the primary ball handler when things break down. Tatum, Brown and Smart all cannot handle the ball well. Brown is a horrendous ball handler, literally loses the ball on rim drives without anyone touching him. Smart isnt nifty enough to stop guys from swarming him, and Tatum...I dont know he just sucks at being on ball. His high iso game near the perimeter is lovely but he cant really be the primary guard in crunch time.

LeBron makes everything look so easy, the guy went to 8 straight Finals playing PG, SG, SF and PF at times, all effectively. Kyrie instead of Smart would have been great if he wasnt such a pussy when he went to Boston. But to be fair Smart DPOY and played great most of the year. Sadly, the Celtics fumbled away a championship because they didnt have anyone who could dribble good.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
lol people will always find ways to discredit the Warriors

They just accidentally'ed their way to four championships.

Do they? Only thing I've ever heard is that KD going there broke the NBA.

Otherwise, I feel like they've underachieved for how talented they are

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I think a lot of people felt they really lucked out with the Kyrie injury after Game 1 in the 2015 Finals, I know that's a talking point. The KD teams were as good as you're really going to get, regardless of how lame it was (and the Warriors have no blame in that). If I had to nitpick from a historical standpoint, I do really question if the non-KD teams were really as good as they were made out to be. All while acknowledging they won a title, and now a 2nd, and posted a 73-win season. That just doesn't accidentally happen - so I don't know. It's something to question when examining them along the same lines as the early Celtics teams, 80 Celtics/Lakers, 90s Bulls etc...

All extremely nitpicky stuff. They're the best team in the sport in a very long time, and they built their original team the "right way". Tons of respect to the front office. I personally like Curry, and Klay, and even Draymond to a degree. Kerr is an absolute top-cuck turbo homo, though. My only gripes are the gay bandwagon fans that come along with any great team. Basketball is the worst though because of how front-facing the superstars are, and the horrible "hype beast" culture that surrounds it.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I think a lot of people felt they really lucked out with the Kyrie injury after Game 1 in the 2015 Finals, I know that's a talking point.

Sure. And a lot also know the Cavs lucked out in 2016 because Lebron cried to the league to get Draymond suspended. Bogut then gets hurt - only 4 games in that series were played with both teams at full strength, and the Warriors were up 3-1.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
1655833011911.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The heats coached themselves out of a final spot.

Hopefully next year they get to play to their strengths.