NCAA Tournament Challenge

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Yes. This 3 year trend will obviously remain true forever.

Iowa State sweet 16! Can't bring me down.
1 B12 team in the last 20 years has won. Hell, a mid-major conference has a more recent winner. But either way, best thing happened today.

rrr_img_129176.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
1 B12 team in the last 20 years has won. Hell, a mid-major conference has a more recent winner. But either way, best thing happened today.
kansas is good for a championship about every 20-30 years. No one else that's in the B12 now, or previously, has a championship in the last half century. kansas only has 2 in that time. They've fallen to about 8th or so all-time on the # of Championships list

Who are you talking about as the mid-major winner though? There aren't any unless you're somehow counting Uconn as a mid-major team just because of the conference they are in now, but the old Big East was far from being "mid major"

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
There aren't any unless you're somehow counting Uconn as a mid-major team just because of the conference they are in now, but the old Big East was far from being "mid major"
They also have 4 Championship since '99. I don't think they're gonna pull off the upset of Kansas, but they are hardly a mid-major. They just seem to fly under the radar, and are perpetually an underdog.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
kansas is good for a championship about every 20-30 years. No one else that's in the B12 now, or previously, has a championship in the last half century. kansas only has 2 in that time. They've fallen to about 8th or so all-time on the # of Championships list

Who are you talking about as the mid-major winner though? There aren't any unless you're somehow counting Uconn as a mid-major team just because of the conference they are in now, but the old Big East was far from being "mid major"
Was talking mid-major conference (Louisville was in it too), not mid-major performance.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I watched Purdue playo ne game in the B10 tournament and extrapolated that into a S16 run. Conference tourneys are really meaningless.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
SFA changed their whole approach in the last 2 minutes and it bite them in the butt.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
It took MTSU 4 minutes of the first half to miss as many 3s as they did in the entire first half of the MSU game. Fuckin christ.

edit: Update! With 9 minutes left in the first half, MTSU has missed as many 3s as they did all of Friday. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
have Xavier and UNI on, so many bad final possessions working out for teams. CBB truly terrible/great to watch

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
NIU just had the most epic collapse I think I have ever seen. What was it, up by 12 with ~31 seconds left in the game and end up losing in OT?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
They deserved to lose for being afraid to pass the ball or not knowing to not throw the ball into the corner over and over again, but it still couldn't have happened with that phantom AND1. Ridiculous

Also like to see Xavier out for my bracket, but to decide a game on that maybe charge? Come on