NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Vitality

HUSTLE
I am just saying, its a ton of useless junk loot, even at the 50+ game. As in stuff I wouldn't put on a level 5 character.

I wish the item drops would scale appropriately with levels and stop dropping such a mountain of useless junk.
Might be nice to be able to convert it into gold (auto sell feature) or some kind of usable consumable/crafting material like D3.

But yeah that'd be like Rathe mtn hill giants dropping rusty scythes.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
This is quite possible if had a DoT on you. You may have taken a DoT tick the instant after killing the mob. It's rare but it can happen. Typically your out-of-combat regeneration will save you in this circumstance. Another way it could happen is with iron maiden or damage shields.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I think almost every action RPG in the history of mankind has had the junk loot complaint. Yes, you can get the worst imaginable unique dagger from Hell Nalatos, but this is very rare. It is designed to require a little bit of boss farming to get some good stuff. I don't intend to require an extraordinary amount of farming to get through nightmare and hell, but I believe requiring a decent amount of farming is within reason.

I hope you find boss farming to be enjoyable because if you don't then I failed as a game designer. There was a good reason that people would run Mephisto over and over and over and over despite how incredibly mindless it was. Diablo 2 was well designed and people cared about acquiring rare loot in that game.

To be fair this is something I am always assessing for balance, so when I do my Nevergrind "Let's Play" next week I will see for myself how the drops go.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I think almost every action RPG in the history of mankind has had the junk loot complaint. Yes, you can get the worst imaginable unique dagger from Hell Nalatos, but this is very rare. It is designed to require a little bit of boss farming to get some good stuff. I don't intend to require an extraordinary amount of farming to get through nightmare and hell, but I believe requiring a decent amount of farming is within reason.

I hope you find boss farming to be enjoyable because if you don't then I failed as a game designer. There was a good reason that people would run Mephisto over and over and over and over despite how incredibly mindless it was. Diablo 2 was well designed and people cared about acquiring rare loot in that game.

To be fair this is something I am always assessing for balance, so when I do my Nevergrind "Let's Play" next week I will see for myself how the drops go.
Stat weights on gear atleast from an early game hardcore perspective seem skewed a little. I'd like a mouseover of the character stat screen that gives details on what each stat does for my character. If that's a thing that's easy to do.

It's too hard to tell if +Dex is better than +Critchance

Catch my drift?

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure you can mouseover the stat name on the character sheet for a brief description. I will say that, like EQ, attack power is a sort of "bottom line" for melee attacks.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm pretty sure you can mouseover the stat name on the character sheet for a brief description. I will say that, like EQ, attack power is a sort of "bottom line" for melee attacks.
Hmm maybe it wasn't working on mine, I'll check again.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also backed the legend tier.

I've never even played your game but I've heard and seen your enthusiasm In the past.

Good luck on your kickstarter.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I would not lie to you. My wife's cupcakes are seriously famous. Well, at work. Everyone begs her to make them and they actually pay her for them. After the kids grow up a bit we even considered starting an online business for her cupcakes.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Also backed the legend tier.

I've never even played your game but I've heard and seen your enthusiasm In the past.

Good luck on your kickstarter.
Thanks for your support! I'm speechless!
biggrin.png

Vitality

HUSTLE
I would not lie to you. My wife's cupcakes are seriously famous. Well, at work. Everyone begs her to make them and they actually pay her for them. After the kids grow up a bit we even considered starting an online business for her cupcakes.
I can't eat cupcakes or I would've backed at Gourmand.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This looks damn amazing! Let's see where I can help out and pledge!

Edit: We are all Legends!! First Kickstarter I've ever done.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Is there a reason you went for 4k instead of 3k? Don't you have to pay taxes on balances over 3k as it no longer qualifies as a Hobby Income?