NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there a way to prevent timeout when logged in? I go "afk" a lot at work, and it'd be neat to not have to log back in everytime?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Is there a way to prevent timeout when logged in? I go "afk" a lot at work, and it'd be neat to not have to log back in everytime?
AFK timer enable/disable would be good for mobile support too.

I'm assuming mobs can ambush you out in the wild if you afk too long right? Or is that triggered off of a pull?

Note for Mobile support (Need android keyboard recognition for character name field at character creation) however that can be done. Typing on my Note 4 doesn't register in the name field.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Thanks for mentioning this. I'll look into making the session never expire. There's really no reason to do that for a game like this.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Been having fun messing around with this at work when I get the chance. Level 12 Halfling Druid so far. I wish I had been able to play it while everything was EQ themed, but it's pretty fun with the new IP as well.

I have a few questions:

1. What does tracking do exactly? Higher chance to pull a mob you're missing for your current quest?
2. How does chaining mobs work? I've been using the halfling racial (Hide) so I can ambush mobs but the chain never increases. Can you sit and regen between mobs without resetting the chain?
3. Is root OP or is it just a low level thing? When ambushing a mob with Drones of Doom, can cast a Starfire and then root the mob before the ambush stun wears off. Mob melts down to like 20% before it can even take a turn. Doesn't work so well on casters of course.
4. This is a longshot, but is there any way to still play the old version with the EQ zones and mobs? Would love to get some of those nostalgia feels, but completely understand if it's not possible.

Anyways, fun game is fun, I'm in for $40.

Crone

Farming in the first forest for Gear on SK. I feel like a bard before /melody! Straight fingerbanging the keyboard to keep enough mobs up on screen while popping that hot DPS!! Woooooooo

This shit is fun!!!

Confirmed! SK is OP along with Rogue! lol

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Farming in the first forest for Gear on SK. I feel like a bard before /melody! Straight fingerbanging the keyboard to keep enough mobs up on screen while popping that hot DPS!! Woooooooo

This shit is fun!!!

Confirmed! SK is OP along with Rogue! lol
Bro, the best part is when you log out and then log into another computer. That shit blew my mind the first time I did that (the first time after years of it being 100% local play).

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
1. What does tracking do exactly? Higher chance to pull a mob you're missing for your current quest?
2. How does chaining mobs work? I've been using the halfling racial (Hide) so I can ambush mobs but the chain never increases. Can you sit and regen between mobs without resetting the chain?
3. Is root OP or is it just a low level thing? When ambushing a mob with Drones of Doom, can cast a Starfire and then root the mob before the ambush stun wears off. Mob melts down to like 20% before it can even take a turn. Doesn't work so well on casters of course.
4. This is a longshot, but is there any way to still play the old version with the EQ zones and mobs? Would love to get some of those nostalgia feels, but completely understand if it's not possible.
Thanks for the support! We gon' get thar.

#1 Tracking sucks. I need to redesign it. Enough said. In fact a few of the racials are just really unimaginative like Wood Elf and Half Elf.
#2 So you can only hide out of combat. You must not leave combat in order to keep your chain going. The whole idea is to take on risks in order to get rewards. You even get a "horde bonus" for fighting large numbers of mobs at once like a drunken sailor.
#3 Root can be OP, but it is also kinda crappy sometimes. It's very situational. You should be sure to root only melee. Root casters can actually backfire because they resort to mana dumping. Mobs DO run out of mana, but it takes a while. And they regenerate it anyway.
#4 Not happening. I will technically be making money from this game next month, so I need to be consistently establish Nevergrind's identity as the best not-everquest everquest out there. But if Daybreak is reading this I'd be happy to work with them! LOL

Brikker

Trump's Staff
how do I make a rogue OP as hell in this? gotta do something while im endlessly LFG on my rogue in red99!

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Test server gents: Let me know if you notice a session expiration from now on. I updated a setting and I believe it shouldn't happen anymore.

Crone

So, it's been fun as hell rocking the first forest to see how high of a combo I could get, but that seems pretty cheesy. Any way to add in anti-cheese? In the grand scheme it may not matter very much, but it's also a very easy way to farm whole packs of gear. A lot of it vendor, but I'm getting set pieces, and even got a required level 20 item from it. Seems a bit too easy to do that.

I understand not wanting to tell people how to play, so if that's the case, it's cool, just thought it seemed an easy way to get OP. lol

Not to mention this is pretty much possible because the SK's main ability hits up to 3 targets, so I was just spamming 1 + D to spawn more stuff. The more stuff on screen the better. Maybe scale it down to 1 target + 2 targets at 50% damage? I feel it needs to get scaled back somehow.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, it's been fun as hell rocking the first forest to see how high of a combo I could get, but that seems pretty cheesy. Any way to add in anti-cheese? In the grand scheme it may not matter very much, but it's also a very easy way to farm whole packs of gear. A lot of it vendor, but I'm getting set pieces, and even got a required level 20 item from it. Seems a bit too easy to do that.

I understand not wanting to tell people how to play, so if that's the case, it's cool, just thought it seemed an easy way to get OP. lol

Not to mention this is pretty much possible because the SK's main ability hits up to 3 targets, so I was just spamming 1 + D to spawn more stuff. The more stuff on screen the better. Maybe scale it down to 1 target + 2 targets at 50% damage? I feel it needs to get scaled back somehow.
I don't think it needs a nerf. You are farming the noob zone. That skill is fairly useless later on (currently a 75 SK). You can spec Harm Touch to hit 3 targets too and even that gets useless as the mobs scale up in power. You need to see the later game before you start calling for class nerfs. I think the SK is far behind the DPS curve of other classes at the high levels.