NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Grundge_sl

shitlord
I will probably make the top dungeon quests like l guk 3 and nagafen's lair 3 repeatable.
That's a good idea, I think it would be nice to fight the bosses you downed again, but I don't think that fixes the problem I see with leveling. There seem to be a ton of quests to do at low levels but as you get higher and higher, the questing hubs get smaller and smaller.

I played by hitting all the dungeons, which I did because I wanted to get the permanent stat boosts for completing them. I imagine most people will play this way as well. By the time I hit 40ish, I noticed that I literally had a dozen greyed out overland quests compared to a handful of xp quests.

My suggestion is that, why not turn some of the overland quests into high level quests so that you dont have to keep running let's say Permafrost 4 so you can level up to get high enough to take on the boss. Or maybe it's just me and you guys are steamrolling those bosses, but as an SK it's kinda hard. Vox I did at 53, which took me 2 tries. I died the first time because when he casted heal he had just hit me with his fire spell and I never saw it, so he ended up healing to full. The second time I could stop his heal, at least his first one...it was still close, but a lot of fun.

Phinigel at 52 just walked all over me so I will have to try again. Hopefully one level can make the difference, if not it's back to playing the same quests over till I hit 54. Still it's a lot of fun, just saying why not make use of those quests that get greyed out at low levels.

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
I suggest always doing the lowest quest in the quest journal and do the entire quest in one chain. That way you'll never be doing grey quests. Just destroy blues if your inventory fills up. You dont really need the stat boosts from dungeon clears until the bosses. The longer the chain is the more exp + magic find you get!

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Bosses were recently nerfed a bit. Might want to give it another go. I will consider some solutions for the exp problems you mention.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
WTB Sebilis and Veeshan's Peak
smile.png

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Magefist Gauntlets shouldn't be chain. They are caster gloves with +Fire damage. Should be Cloth I think. They may have "looked chain" in D2, but they had no strength requirement and were always used by Sorcereress

I agree about leveling once you get higher. I'm in my early 40's now and it's starting to dwindle down. Whereas early on i feel like I have too many choices and I get to have fun bouncing from one zone to the next such as Runeye 1 and then Upguk 1 and then back to Crushbone 2 and then Runneye2 and Upguk 2 etc. It's really nice, plus some outdoor zones. I'd suggest just raising the level of some outdoor zones that many people might not visit anyways. Cazic Thule could also be changed to a level 40-60 version.

What other cool stuff can you do with +skill items? Turns out having a pet 10 levels higher than you doesn't really do much :/ What's the best damage/delay ratio weapon anyone has found? I can't find anything decent.

Corpse Explosion would be soooo much fun if it re-triggered when you kill something with it. I was expecting to get to chain Corpse Explosion but it seems a little buggy. Still a fun ability though. When do Necromancers get a Lich line?

@Maelfyn, you sure you changed future Bracelet of Woven Grass drops? Got another one today, still chain.

This game has soooo much potential and is already so much fun. Good stuff.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Have a bug happening right now where in Upper Guk 3 the only mobs I can get to spawn are "A froglok tonta knight" and I can't get the summoners or the tsu shamans. I am 12/12 for knights and have killed a good 20+ of them in a row without getting any more shamans or summoners. I had been getting them but after a very long chain they just sopped spawning, tried zoning around and cycling nearly 100 mobs, but nada. Anyone had anything like that before? Is there a fix? Sad face, I wanted to finish the quest line here.

There should be a log to show you all the permanent bonuses you've earned from quests, that would be sweet.

Kedge 3 is no bueno with the seahorse matriarches that heal about 400% of their life even spam burning them as a Mage.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Mages rock. Was actually easy. Then again, my rotation is king. Shitty loot though. Kinda getting bored of getting very low level loot in the 40's.

Edit: Didn't know I could farm her, sweet. Got my first exceptional rare. Good stuff. I love that I can farm Vox at 44. Although I'd wager Mage might be the easiest class to do it with? With my buffs my Cold Resist is near 150 and with swapping massive + Conjuration items my pet is level 52, so win.

Great Ogre Dictator

Golden Knight of the Realm
Question, did your conquests sheet show that you killed the boss? I've killed vox and phinny, and yet I still have "bosses killed: 0". Also grats on the exceptional unique; still waiting for mine.
biggrin.png
I am really hoping for a new weapon or shield.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Question, did your conquests sheet show that you killed the boss? I've killed vox and phinny, and yet I still have "bosses killed: 0". Also grats on the exceptional unique; still waiting for mine.
biggrin.png
I am really hoping for a new weapon or shield.
Was an exceptional rare actually, but now I've got 2 Exceptional Uniques, quite good. Although I've had a couple Exceptional Rares now that are absolute TRASH.

I've killed Vox about 8 times now and still Bosses Killed: 0. Even exited browser and had to reclear the trash and still at 0.

I think this is my best item thus far:

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Was an exceptional rare actually, but now I've got 2 Exceptional Uniques, quite good. Although I've had a couple Exceptional Rares now that are absolute TRASH.

I've killed Vox about 8 times now and still Bosses Killed: 0. Even exited browser and had to reclear the trash and still at 0.

I think this is my best item thus far:
Boioioioing

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm now* level 46 with a level 62 pet. Come at me. Pets do need adjusted though, a level 62 pet should be hitting for over 100, not 79-80 imo.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I really enjoyed this game last night on my PC, but checking it out today on my Android tablet with Chrome browser it runs terribly, especially if you try to cast spells. I adjested the graphics levels and it helps, but not enough to make it enjoyable.

Not sure how important that is, but figured I'd mention it.

Great game otherwise, pow-right in the nostolgia
wink.png

Altaruk_sl

shitlord
Clicking on abilities isn't working for me right now? Hotkeys work, I can move around windows and I can open menus.. just abilities specifically do not function when left clicked right now.. Any ideas?

Also, tooltips are not functioning.. specifically for items.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Clicking on abilities isn't working for me right now? Hotkeys work, I can move around windows and I can open menus.. just abilities specifically do not function when left clicked right now.. Any ideas?

Also, tooltips are not functioning.. specifically for items.
Not seeing it. Browser? Did refreshing magically fix it?

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I really enjoyed this game last night on my PC, but checking it out today on my Android tablet with Chrome browser it runs terribly, especially if you try to cast spells. I adjested the graphics levels and it helps, but not enough to make it enjoyable.

Not sure how important that is, but figured I'd mention it.

Great game otherwise, pow-right in the nostolgia
wink.png
Yah, it works on a mobile, but I wouldn't recommend it. At no point ever was this game ever considered or designed for mobiles, right down to the ubiquitous hover events.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Why can't I see my attacks in the combat window?

Also, do stun effects disable dodge/parry/riposte? I seem to recall them doing so in EQ.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Why can't I see my attacks in the combat window?

Also, do stun effects disable dodge/parry/riposte? I seem to recall them doing so in EQ.
Did you turn down your graphics in the options? And I think defensive skills still work while stunned etc. but maybe not for long
smile.png