Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
You have any patch notes so we know what to test? I did notice the quest complete check marks, that’s much better.

I also noticed you tied auto attack to attack skills, that’s much better, thanks. It may have introduced a bug though, not sure. On my Templar I open up with fire wall skill. I’ve had 3-4 times where the skill doesn’t actually go off. It turns auto attack on, and triggers the skills cooldown, but doesn’t actually go on the mobs. One time it went off on the back row, but the mob i auto targeted was in the front row. Maybe it’s firing to the back row and there aren’t any mobs on the times it’s not actually triggering. It happens maybe 1 in 5 or 6 casts, I can’t reliably repeat it. I just click the skill without targeting anything as my opening to every battle if you want to try to repeat it. I tried opening with other skills to see if it happens with them too but haven’t seen it with other skills yet.
Patch notes are on the title screen in the bottom-left corner.

With Fire Wall I did add some code to ensure firewall cannot persist to the next battle. I can do some testing at home, tonight. If you don't have a target and you cast, it should fix your target first, finish channeling, and then hit whatever your target was fixed to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Space bar closes things.
I have no idea why mobs are not visible. That's a new one.
Camping fast is awesome! I don't think logging out is serious business like it is in EQ.
Good to know and when I did finally log off for a bit and came back everything was fine.

You can CTRL+left click to fast buy/sell anything.

Never played Diablo 2?
....Well....I mean.....SHUT UP!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Patch notes are on the title screen in the bottom-left corner.

With Fire Wall I did add some code to ensure firewall cannot persist to the next battle. I can do some testing at home, tonight. If you don't have a target and you cast, it should fix your target first, finish channeling, and then hit whatever your target was fixed to.
That’s normally how it works, just once in a while it…doesn’t. Didn’t see it happen at all before today.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Just FYI, I made an oopsie and introduced a new bug where the character list doesn't refresh after creating a new character. If you make a new character, you'll have to create and then reset the game to see it. Single player mode is under construction and I broke that. I'll fix it today.

• 2Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I listed the shortcuts under hotkeys in the options.
You should have it listed at the bottom of the item description. Should also list a way, when hovering an item, to compare it to what you are currently wearing. Also, please add some way to mass identify items or something like a tome ala D2 or an NPC that ID's everything at once.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Poor bro, single dev and all these suggestions. So let me add some more. I'd offer help, but I know its your personal project.

Wizard suggestions :
Something funky is happening with the wizard's Meteor. It can hit in the center of a clump of mobs and just hit like 2 out of 4 of them, for example. Doing the math, Im not even sure where the hard limit of 5 is coming from in comparison to the damage that some other classes put out. I feel like its the ultimate for the wizard class and at ~39% more dmg DD than the single target dd fireball, and a piddly dot - its not very powerful. So the limit on it, the cast time, and the delayed hit of 3-4 seconds after the cast, it just falls flat. I imagine the buggy part is coming from the hard capped limit in some kind of way. The cast time and the delay is a little too much and is unnecessary for no real reason. 5 second cast, with a 4 second delay in the spell landing? Oof The extra kick in the balls is the 45 second cool down. So almost a minute per single cast with the delays.

I also suggest adding little bits of utility to each spell, similar to what the ice spells have. Fire spells should have a dot like the meteor has. Arcane spell should debuff to weaken to elements (decrease resistances), and electric spells should do a pulsing paralysis. Im not sure what you pulled your inspiration from on the Wizard but his CD's are relatively short with low damage, so it doesnt really remind me of the Wizard from EQ at all. More of a diablo sorcerer or something. In your future talent tree, I would like to see something similar to "If fire dot is on target, causes 1.5 stun." So you could open with Mirror Images for the spell buff, cast arcane missiles for the resist debuff, fire bolt for the dot, meteor for the stun and to spread the dot, with a finish of Fireball to stun all the mobs that meteor spread the dot too. The big spells are on such long cool downs and the burn lasts so short that you could only do a BLAMO every 45+9 cast/delay seconds, anyways.

Point being, I think Wizard is relatively weak and directionless. Changes like that could add a lot of utility and reason for picking the Wizard over some classes.

Shadowknight suggestion : (I really like how the SK plays and would only change one thing.)
Crescent Cleave is one useless ass follow up to Astral Blade. You could delete Crescent Cleave, add its damage to Astral Blade and no one would bat an eye. Couple suggestions - Add a bleed to crescent cleave so its actually worth using regardless of the clumping, and allow bleeds to stack. Or, give Crescent Blade a debuff that allows your life tap spells to hit harder (which I really like the idea of). Just some sort of utility / reason to actually use it other than a must press button hurr durr filler.

Also, something is funky with the GCD and some spell cool downs on the Shadowknight. I have no idea if I can cast a spell off GCD, or if I have to wait for the GCD. Im going to try another class later today and see if this is just specific to shadowknight or not.

Really wish I could help you with class balance. >.>

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You should have it listed at the bottom of the item description. Should also list a way, when hovering an item, to compare it to what you are currently wearing. Also, please add some way to mass identify items or something like a tome ala D2 or an NPC that ID's everything at once.
Agree with these. Comparing items would be great. A mass identify that just identifies your whole bag for 200g would be cool. I’d spend the extra $ just to not have to bank/buy/identify/sell over and over to make room for scrolls.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if it's been reported. Just made a character and after pressing create I had to reload the game to get the character to show up.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Poor bro, single dev and all these suggestions. So let me add some more. I'd offer help, but I know its your personal project.

Wizard suggestions :
Something funky is happening with the wizard's Meteor. It can hit in the center of a clump of mobs and just hit like 2 out of 4 of them, for example. Doing the math, Im not even sure where the hard limit of 5 is coming from in comparison to the damage that some other classes put out. I feel like its the ultimate for the wizard class and at ~39% more dmg DD than the single target dd fireball, and a piddly dot - its not very powerful. So the limit on it, the cast time, and the delayed hit of 3-4 seconds after the cast, it just falls flat. I imagine the buggy part is coming from the hard capped limit in some kind of way. The cast time and the delay is a little too much and is unnecessary for no real reason. 5 second cast, with a 4 second delay in the spell landing? Oof The extra kick in the balls is the 45 second cool down. So almost a minute per single cast with the delays.

I also suggest adding little bits of utility to each spell, similar to what the ice spells have. Fire spells should have a dot like the meteor has. Arcane spell should debuff to weaken to elements (decrease resistances), and electric spells should do a pulsing paralysis. Im not sure what you pulled your inspiration from on the Wizard but his CD's are relatively short with low damage, so it doesnt really remind me of the Wizard from EQ at all. More of a diablo sorcerer or something. In your future talent tree, I would like to see something similar to "If fire dot is on target, causes 1.5 stun." So you could open with Mirror Images for the spell buff, cast arcane missiles for the resist debuff, fire bolt for the dot, meteor for the stun and to spread the dot, with a finish of Fireball to stun all the mobs that meteor spread the dot too. The big spells are on such long cool downs and the burn lasts so short that you could only do a BLAMO every 45+9 cast/delay seconds, anyways.

Point being, I think Wizard is relatively weak and directionless. Changes like that could add a lot of utility and reason for picking the Wizard over some classes.

Shadowknight suggestion : (I really like how the SK plays and would only change one thing.)
Crescent Cleave is one useless ass follow up to Astral Blade. You could delete Crescent Cleave, add its damage to Astral Blade and no one would bat an eye. Couple suggestions - Add a bleed to crescent cleave so its actually worth using regardless of the clumping, and allow bleeds to stack. Or, give Crescent Blade a debuff that allows your life tap spells to hit harder (which I really like the idea of). Just some sort of utility / reason to actually use it other than a must press button hurr durr filler.

Also, something is funky with the GCD and some spell cool downs on the Shadowknight. I have no idea if I can cast a spell off GCD, or if I have to wait for the GCD. Im going to try another class later today and see if this is just specific to shadowknight or not.

Really wish I could help you with class balance. >.>
Regarding the GCD that’s on all classes. If you happen to have something refresh while the GCD is going it looks like you can cast it but can’t until the GCD is done. I think it’s just a visual restriction of not being able to display the GCD on top of a skills normal cooldown.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Agree with these. Comparing items would be great. A mass identify that just identifies your whole bag for 200g would be cool. I’d spend the extra $ just to not have to bank/buy/identify/sell over and over to make room for scrolls.
I'll add identify all to the apothecary, but it'll cost 2x as much as a scroll for convenience.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Got a very slick purple bow and had some other non caster type gear so decided to try out a ranger. As the only class that actually has ranged-weapon type abilities the overall effect was very underwhelming. As someone else said above I ended up using more Fire abilities and misc 1-hander abilities using a blue sword I found while trying to get leveled up enough to equip the bow than I do with the seemingly nifty bow.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Got a very slick purple bow and had some other non caster type gear so decided to try out a ranger. As the only class that actually has ranged-weapon type abilities the overall effect was very underwhelming. As someone else said above I ended up using more Fire abilities and misc 1-hander abilities using a blue sword I found while trying to get leveled up enough to equip the bow than I do with the seemingly nifty bow.
Ranger definitely needs tuning. It's on my list.

Daidraco

Trying out warlock but ran into this when I clicked quest complete. I couldnt move, just kind of sat there and it never loaded the town. Not sure what Im looking for in F12, but here ya go.

Unsure.jpg

Daidraco

Also, I think the shrine buff "Seal of Vernova" is just physical damage 20% only. Kind of pointless for a lot of classes if thats the case, no?

• 1Like