Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m having mana issues with the warlock but it’s manageable. This is my favorite class so far I think, it really feels like it knows what it wants to be. A bunch of debuffs and middling damage, with a little bit of leech in there. The only skill that seems out of place is venom bolt. It does about the same damage as other skills but no debuffs or dots or poison or anything, and same long cast time. I see no reason to ever use it while all the other skills have great situational uses. Great class design.

Also has my favorite skill name so far. ICING DEATH. I picture some wine mom tripping over her tiny dog and choking on a spoon full of frosting.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like casters are missing dual wield. There are caster type offhands and steins with really low dps, but no one can dual wield them!

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Went to play a Shaman and you have the two handed blunt skill but when you go to equip a two handed blunt it says you don't have the skill. Just a heads up.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Went to play a Shaman and you have the two handed blunt skill but when you go to equip a two handed blunt it says you don't have the skill. Just a heads up.
Working out how to resolve this. They can use staves, but not heavy 2hb weapons. A wizard can use staves, but not giant mallets.

Edit: Just going to simplify it and allow anyone with 2hb skill to use any kind of 2hb.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
f_12_first.PNG
f_12_first_2.PNG

Once this happened every hallway was this way, even different quests.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Working out how to resolve this. They can use staves, but not heavy 2hb weapons. A wizard can use staves, but not giant mallets.

Edit: Just going to simplify it and allow anyone with 2hb skill to use any kind of 2hb.
I think you could resolve it through stats like you already have and maybe penalties if it really bothers you. Making caster staves more appealing to caster via stats, or maybe give them a 20% melee damage penalty. I know before when we could use any 2hb I was still using staves as a caster cause the stats outweighed the minor melee damage difference.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I saw you patched the apothecary to stop lying about jewelry. The merchant description does it too. I have never seen rings or necklaces at any of the vendors at all.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Are rogues suppose to be able to wear chain armor? In the description, it says they can only wear up to leather. Also, rogues apparently don't need to use daggers, I can backstab with a mace. Not sure if this is intended either.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Are rogues suppose to be able to wear chain armor? In the description, it says they can only wear up to leather. Also, rogues apparently don't need to use daggers, I can backstab with a mace. Not sure if this is intended either.
They wear it in EverQuest... so yeah

I think rogues get a bonus with a dagger in main-hand... iirc

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
They wear it in EverQuest... so yeah

I think rogues get a bonus with a dagger in main-hand... iirc
Hmm there's no indication of this and I only mentioned the leather because that's what your own description says and I always personally found it really dumb that a sneaky class can wear heavy loud ass chain armor lol.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm there's no indication of this and I only mentioned the leather because that's what your own description says and I always personally found it really dumb that a sneaky class can wear heavy loud ass chain armor lol.
Chain isn’t really loud. It is pretty form fitting and lays flat. If they are jumping up and down sure it would be noisy as the links hit each other, but just walking or sneaking around it wouldn’t be making noise.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Chain isn’t really loud. It is pretty form fitting and lays flat. If they are jumping up and down sure it would be noisy as the links hit each other, but just walking or sneaking around it wouldn’t be making noise.
Ya but it's heavy and rogues are supposed to be able to hop around and maneuver. EQ is literally the only game I've seen where rogues can wear chain armor. Makes absolutely zero sense.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ya but it's heavy and rogues are supposed to be able to hop around and maneuver. EQ is literally the only game I've seen where rogues can wear chain armor. Makes absolutely zero sense.
Meh chain mail is not insanely heavy irl. A shirt is like 5-6lbs. I’m guessing actual “rogues” or highway men in history probably were army deserters and wore chain. I knew a larper that owned some real chain and I checked it out, it’s not like plate mail weight like you’re thinking .

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Meh chain mail is not insanely heavy irl. A shirt is like 5-6lbs. I’m guessing actual “rogues” or highway men in history probably were army deserters and wore chain. I knew a larper that owned some real chain and I checked it out, it’s not like plate mail weight like you’re thinking .
Ehh, I have an actual oiled chain shirt which I got for a halloween costume a few years back and it's definitely more than 5 pounds. My guess is like 15. But it is pretty damn quiet as long as it's oiled.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ehh, I have an actual oiled chain shirt which I got for a halloween costume a few years back and it's definitely more than 5 pounds. My guess is like 15. But it is pretty damn quiet as long as it's oiled.
Hmm maybe his was just larper grade. Or mythril!

Last edited:

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
In the past, NGO rogues could only wear leather, but I decided to change it. I decided that they're really, in terms of lore, not so different from a ranger. They engage in melee combat almost entirely. You can be surprisingly stealthy in chain. Even Drizzt wears mithril chain (checkmate!) and is known for his hunting ability (totally requires stealth #GotEm). Wearing leather is for treehuggers and ascetic monks. Rogues wearing only leather is cringe and fake and gay. I rest my case.

1642172717331.png

• 1Solidarity

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Interesting point, but I'm thinking nah. I kind of like that it is separate. I think that would actually be annoying.
Seems like it is atm, wasn't sure if it was intended or not which is why I brought it up.

• 1Like