Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
It changed after I posted to where they were just randomly disappearing/flickering instead of on each hit. I found a recording button and recorded an 80 second clip. Does that get sent to you or does it save to a file somewhere?
Sounds like a Steam-specific feature? I'm not familiar with it. You could always use OBS and upload it to YouTube or something. I think I know what you're talking about though. I had another guy show me a clip where Rogue skills caused it. I've never seen it myself for whatever reason.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think green drops are broken for real. Talked to four people in game and no one has seen one since the patch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
0 greens here as well since. I need lewts!

1642213387529.png

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Yep same, not a single set. Also I never see any daggers or spears other than low levels ones that still have 2-4 or 3-6 damage.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
I asked in game about the Enhanced % items. Was told the % showing was already added to the item's showing stats. I also have found a Enhanced Armor item with only 1 AC, so was that just a bad RNG for that item? +X% of 1 = pretty much nothing?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Hey, some of you may recall the old web-based version of Nevergrind that I developed seven years ago. I have been quietly working on a 2D multiplayer co-op version that I am developing for Steam. It's like a combination of Darkest Dungeon and EverQuest. Right now, the game is still in its closed beta and I'm willing to give keys to members of this forum in exchange for a little bit of testing and feedback. I also have no idea how many concurrent users my servers can support, so it would be great if we could stress test our server a little bit before it actually launches in April 2022.

If you're interested in checking it out, reply here or hit me up on the Nevergrind Online Discord Server. I'll get you a Beta key as soon as possible.
Edit: I will have to stop giving out keys once the Kickstarter campaign starts since it's a reward.

Similar to Darkest Dungeon, you have a few buildings in town where you handle banking, guild management, buying, selling, check out the leaderboards, and choose your mission.

View attachment 392124

Inside of the dungeon, you crawl through the corridors where you find battles in rooms and hallways.

View attachment 392125

Unlike Darkest Dungeon, combat unfolds in real-time. There are no player models, but you see your party's avatars and skill animations in combat. The mobs are all fully animated. The avatars are generated by Artflow.ai, a text-to-avatar generation tool, which will allow for unlimited custom avatars within the game.

View attachment 392126

Again, if you're interested in trying it out then just let me know! I won't be giving these beta keys out forever. Deadass fr no cap. 🥴 I'll stop giving them away once our Nevergrind Online Kickstarter campaign starts.
WTB Beta key

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
yeah ill take one too plz, why not. Seems to be the new hotness around here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Keys sent. Just bear in mind that I broke set drops as divine punishment. It'll make you appreciate them more later! Have fun!

• 1Worf
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Also keep in mind melee classes are kind of broke now too. They use their skills extremely fast because most of them are instants, so your spamming them as fast as the GCD leaving no time to regen mana. Casters on the other hand take 2.5-5 seconds minimum to cast, and while getting hit the cast time increases, or if you get stunned it cancels completely, so you have a ton of time to regen.

Basically melees are oom, caster mana barely moves.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Also keep in mind melee classes are kind of broke now too. They use their skills extremely fast because most of them are instants, so your spamming them as fast as the GCD leaving no time to regen mana. Casters on the other hand take 2.5-5 seconds minimum to cast, and while getting hit the cast time increases, or if you get stunned it cancels completely, so you have a ton of time to regen.

Basically melees are oom, caster mana barely moves.
Yeah, I plan to adjust melee mana costs. It's an easy adjustment.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I plan to adjust melee mana costs. It's an easy adjustment.
Yeah I don’t think it needs much. Melees/instant cast classes need it lowered probably 10-15%, casters raised 10%

Some of the feedback like that can be hard because solo as a caster, I do use a decent amount of mana, but not as much when in a group I’m guessing because getting hit more while in a group which is slowing casting more than solo. Perhaps buffs too but I’m not sure, can’t tell what buffs from other classes are doing.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I don’t think it needs much. Melees/instant cast classes need it lowered probably 10-15%, casters raised 10%

Some of the feedback like that can be hard because solo as a caster, I do use a decent amount of mana, but not as much when in a group I’m guessing because getting hit more while in a group which is slowing casting more than solo. Perhaps buffs too but I’m not sure, can’t tell what buffs from other classes are doing.
Really? Only 10-15%? Maybe I'll drop melee skill costs 20%.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Really? Only 10-15%? Maybe I'll drop melee skill costs 20%.
It could be 20% is the right spot, I'd have to see it in action to really know. I just lean towards smaller tweeks then await feedback method than big swings.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'll give it a shot, lil' holmie.
It’s also going to be a little different class by class. Like the SK has some cast time spells, so has more regen time. It probably only needs tweaked 10-15%. Where the monk and warrior are spamming GCD skills so much they probably need tweaked 20-25%.

Grouping with an SK and grouping with a monk you could see the difference, monk was flat out hard oom all the time, sk was getting low all the time but not hard ooming like that.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
It’s also going to be a little different class by class. Like the SK has some cast time spells, so has more regen time. It probably only needs tweaked 10-15%. Where the monk and warrior are spamming GCD skills so much they probably need tweaked 20-25%.

Grouping with an SK and grouping with a monk you could see the difference, monk was flat out hard oom all the time, sk was getting low all the time but not hard ooming like that.
Technically, every spell has cast time in a sense. A global cooldown costs 2.5 seconds. An instant-cast just front-loads the time spent and avoids spell knockback.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Technically, every spell has cast time in a sense. A global cooldown costs 2.5 seconds. An instant-cast just front-loads the time spent and avoids spell knockback.
Yep, I get it. Melees just have 2.5 between every skill no matter what. Casters is almost always higher due to getting smacked and stunned, plus spells that are 3-5 seconds. When getting smacked those easily get into the 4-7 second range…assuming you aren’t getting stunned and canceling it completely.

I guess the best way to look at it is mana consumed per second(MCS), instead of ‘mana regen time’ like I’ve been saying. I’m guessing straight melee is close to double the MCS as casters and hybrids like sk and crusader are 1.5x as much.

• 1Like