New movies that dont deserve their own thread.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
All the gays make up 3.8% or so of the US population, which includes lesbians who don't really like the gays in general. So your total demographic is like 3% of the population. And that's just assuming that everyone who is gay might be interested in a shitty gay rom com, and go to theatres, on a weekend.

It's like making a trans specific movie. You'll get a few tryhards who want to support it but the total population is a fraction of the US movie going base. There's no way this movie was intended to be financially successful. Just hollywood burning money and without a doubt the reasons why it failed will be homophobia centric instead of "We literally made a movie for one of the smallest demographics in the country, and there's effectively no market period for this in other countries outside North America."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All the gays make up 3.8% or so of the US population, which includes lesbians who don't really like the gays in general. So your total demographic is like 3% of the population. And that's just assuming that everyone who is gay might be interested in a shitty gay rom com, and go to theatres, on a weekend.

It's like making a trans specific movie. You'll get a few tryhards who want to support it but the total population is a fraction of the US movie going base. There's no way this movie was intended to be financially successful. Just hollywood burning money and without a doubt the reasons why it failed will be homophobia centric instead of "We literally made a movie for one of the smallest demographics in the country, and there's effectively no market period for this in other countries outside North America."
probably a third of the people who caught Monkeypox would want to see this movie. so thats what 300,000 people? each ticket is $15.00. $4.5 million box office perhaps.

Last edited:

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't see Barbarian. That's my contribution to the thread. Movie reviews have been fucked for a while, but I've never seen them as off for a movie as they were for this one (i.e. it got stellar reviews across the review sites and it was absolute trash).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's like making a trans specific movie. You'll get a few tryhards who want to support it but the total population is a fraction of the US movie going base. There's no way this movie was intended to be financially successful.
Cost $4m to make, grossed $62m at the box office. It is the exception to your otherwise correct assertion. The exception of course is it wasnt overt with the tranny stuff. And it was an actual well written/acted movie.

spronk

FPS noob
Brokeback Mountain made $180m on a budget of $15m and I assume its about a gay Joker butt fucking Mysterio

south park maybe had it right, to be true arthouse kino it must involve gay cowboys eating pudding

also lol at the brokeback mountain posters, and reading this guys twitter feed (hes the star/director/writer of Bros) is a trainwreck of hollywood stars shilling for Bros

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Brokeback Mountain made $180m on a budget of $15m and I assume its about a gay Joker butt fucking Mysterio

south park maybe had it right, to be true arthouse kino it must involve gay cowboys eating pudding

also lol at the brokeback mountain posters, and reading this guys twitter feed (hes the star/director/writer of Bros) is a trainwreck of hollywood stars shilling for Bros

When brokeback mountain came out, people for the most part thought gays were somewhat normal humans. No one understood the scope of the degeneracy. Currently, people now understand that gays (especially men) ruin society.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
There is no way they make him black AND raised by monkeys.

But they can't make him white. So maybe he'll be raised by black panthers since he would sorta blend in. And then they can do a credits teaser with Wakanda for the worlds-colliding crossover sequel!!

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
iuiPDZTzGbHd.jpeg

• 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
i hope someone Billy on the Streets him in an interview and asks why its ok that he is super proud that he only hired alphabet people to make the movie, but its straight people who are supposed to pay for tickets

of course no one will

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I apologize Billy that going to a movie is more expensive than a nice dinner out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i hope someone Billy on the Streets him in an interview and asks why its ok that he is super proud that he only hired alphabet people to make the movie, but its straight people who are supposed to pay for tickets

of course no one will

how do they know if somebody is gay when they hire them? is there a test?