New movies that dont deserve their own thread.

spronk

FPS noob
haven't seen Waltz in a hot minute, looks right up his alley

coming to Amazon Prime 2/24/23

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Fljk0FXWAAAUpeY.jpg

i will definitely see Fast and Furious, John Wick, Mission Impossible, Dune, Aquaman, and maybes on Ant Man, GOTG, Oppenheimer, Indiana Jones, D&D depending on user reviews

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im actually looking forward to a lot of the movies on that list. But will probably wait until video for most of them.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fljk0FXWAAAUpeY.jpg

i will definitely see Fast and Furious, John Wick, Mission Impossible, Dune, Aquaman, and maybes on Ant Man, GOTG, Oppenheimer, Indiana Jones, D&D depending on user reviews
You are going to pass on Cocaine Bear???????????????????????????????????

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Is it weird that I am looking forward to Kraven? I never really cared for the character, but I really like that actor.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Fljk0FXWAAAUpeY.jpg

I doubt I will see any of them in a Theatre, but if I only see one it will be Dune 2.

• 2Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can see myself seeing Ant man, GoTG, Mission impossible, Oppenheimer, Dune at theatre and maybe Kraven, Aquaman, Shazam. I was able to not see Strange or Thor in theatre which were going to be obvious picks last year so we will see.

Pixar's next movie Elemental looks so bad. How much money did they lose on Light-year and strange World?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I saw Tár last night

I'd put it in the category of good but never watch again. It needs an editor to cut about 30 minutes out.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Fljk0FXWAAAUpeY.jpg

Cocaine Bear!!! Can't wait.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Watched a few things lately, gonna pull an RLM and rapid-fire review them here rather than bumping a bunch of threads. Spoilers:

Screamers (1996) - Very good sci-fi movie based on "Second Variety" by Phillip K. Dick. Had some really chilling moments and felt like a particularly nihilistic Terminator movie. I do wish they'd kept the setting in Russia like the original story, rather than putting it on another planet, which kinda makes it feel way removed from reality. Still a good watch and I highly recommend it, especially given how underrated and unknown it is. Also has Peter Weller as the protagonist. 8/10

The Menu - Liked it, though a bunch of things didn't make sense and it felt kind of haphazardly-constructed at times. 7/10

It Follows - Now this is a great movie, probably the best on this list. Tremendous. I'm left with a bunch of questions at the end (can you pass the curse on with same-sex sex? If you have a 3-way can you pass it onto two people at once?)... however, this movie actually works more with unanswered questions and some enigmas at the end. 10/10

Smile - Watched this because it's kind of the next It Follows. Wasn't nearly as good. Way too many onscreen suicides for my taste and it ended up being more depressing than scary because there was literally nothing the main character could do to escape the curse/demon. By the end when it got her, it felt like the protagonist had just been put out of her misery and it was just sad. Would rather just go back and un-watch it, though it isn't a bad movie at all. 6/10

Black Adam - Now this was bad. Just a couple hours of total nonsense and The Rock coming off like he can't act. I realized while watching this that I'm like completely over all the superhero bullshit at this point. Maybe Quantumania can pull me back in if Kang brutally murders Ant-Man and Wasp. 3/10

Irreversible (2002) - Tremendous movie, but not for everyone. Monica Bellucci in this movie is probably the most attractive actress I've ever seen in a film. First act is really brutal, particularly the rape/murder scene. Rest of the movie is nice, which is part of the point, because it's a story of bad things happening told in reverse. The kind of movie that makes you appreciate your life more. If you've seen it, you know. Also made a lot of people walk out of Cannes, apparently. 9/10.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Considering how few trailers I've seen recently (I expect a ton of trailers during the NFL playoffs), I had no idea how stacked the calendar was. John Wick, Mission Impossible, Nolan, and Villaneuve? That would be a top tier year, Covid or not, then add Marvel lines that haven't fallen apart (yet) in Antman, Guardians, and Spiderverse, and even the non terrible DC lines in Shazam and Aquaman? That should be a massive box office haul... if people are back to hitting the theaters every week, which is an open question. I suspect quite a few things there will flop terribly in theatres - if they make their money back in streaming is an interesting question.

spronk

FPS noob
Titanic is getting a theatrical re-release in 4K, atmos, dolby, etc on Feb 10th, i know women of a certain age treat that movie like guys treat ESB + Predator + Rambo + Lethal Weapon and its coming out right before valentines day. Good luck, gentlemen

• 3Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Titanic is getting a theatrical re-release in 4K, atmos, dolby, etc on Feb 10th, i know women of a certain age treat that movie like guys treat ESB + Predator + Rambo + Lethal Weapon and its coming out right before valentines day. Good luck, gentlemen
At risk of sounding gay, Titanic is really enjoyable movie.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Titanic is way better than people give it credit for.

• 3Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have never seen it. I was 15 when it came out and hated all the hype, so I refused to see it.

I am not autistic
It holds up extremely well to the passage of time (being a period piece) and its worth a watch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
I completely forgot Dune 2 was still a thing.I read the books as a teenage nerd, saw the first movie many times and the miniseries. Despite so much talent involved the newer dune was one of the most boring,unsatisfying movies i have ever seen. What the heck did you all see in that movie? I mean the script was boring and the dialogue was terrible, despite book references. I love most of the actors but the director gave them shit to work with. Sure it looked cool i guess. Most of the visuals had no pay off.