New movies that dont deserve their own thread.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
not new, not a movie but fuck you

Bloodsport is a god-damned American classic that deserves its own thread.

I watched this last weekend. Several theaters here actually had a weeklong run of it and I guess it made $2 million off a $100k budget so I guess that's cool but the movie was pretty much as wack as you'd expect.

1677044338570.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I've probably said it elsewhere here, because I've told so many people IRL that it all runs together, but Space Ice is one of the greatest channels on YT.

I can see you're a true man of culture

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Watched Escape From Pretoria (Daniel Radcliffe). Movie about guys who escaped from a South African prison. Takes place near the end of Apartheid. Curious what other people think about it, if anyone has seen it. Some of it really strains disbelief, like the way they forged keys out of wood to escape the prison, but supposedly it all really happened. Movie is also woke as absolute hell, with the heroes being Beautiful Young Peaceful Protesters who go to jail, and the police all being either Giant Fat Tubs or Literal Nazis. Seriously the prison guards in this movie are all basically wearing Nazi uniforms and act exactly like Nazis. I didn't know the South African police force was made up of German SS officers in 1987, but whatever. Some of the liberties the movie took in these regards were really outlandishly...not-believable?

Anyway, if anyone else saw it, drop a line. Whole thing felt like a weird woke fever dream, but a good (and true?) escape movie if one can ignore all of that.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes Jennifer Lawrence is in it but it feels forced. I was not to sure this deserved its own thread.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yes Jennifer Lawrence is in it but it feels forced. I was not to sure this deserved its own thread.

The thumbnail for this is the inverse of most things: The woman is bundled up and the guy is all sexualized. That's kind of funny.

What isn't funny is that I watched World Trade Center this week. Good movie, with a fair amount of issues that keep it from being more. And it definitely could have been a lot more. Basically a "trapped in rubble" movie for the 2nd and 3rd acts, which wore thin as a story. The first act was a lot more interesting, with them trying to rescue people and not knowing exactly what was going on. Brought me back to that day and the sheer confusion everyone had. It's a movie worth seeing once.

Goatface

wasn't a big fan, but like a few of their songs and this made me chuckle

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider

I thought this was actually a pretty good movie. A lot of Frank Grillo's movies are schlock, but this one had real tension. Beau Knapp (Cuco) is the real star here.

elidib

Vyemm Raider

This was okay, pretty middle of the pack. Not a bad watch but nothing to recommend or make it stand out from the crowd. Philippe competently acts his way through it but it's a story we've all seen a million times.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Will give this a watch. Growing up watching Risky Business and Wall Street gives me fond memories of The Talking Heads. Kinda like how Scorsese probably got a whole new generation into The Rolling Stones.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

butwhy.gif yeah yeah i know i was just happy with the new "streaming rules, theaters drool" world but apparently theaters are still important

elidib

Vyemm Raider

had some intriguing elements that ultimately didn't lead anywhere. Still enjoyable just to watch Dafoe chewing scenery for an hour and a half.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Meh, went looking for a release date and realized this is just a upscaled 4k release of their 1984 concert movie. I though it was going to be some kinda docudrama like Weird: The Al Yankovic story.

The uncut "HD" version is on YouTube in whole:

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
This was a decent film, not a biblical epic in anyway but still entertaining.
339998375_3392157664381952_5960697640881214836_n.jpg

Only real issue I had with the film was how comparatively young Abraham looked. Biblically, he was supposed to be 115 when these events occurred, and he lived to be 175, but the bible goes out of the way to say

Genesis 18:11
Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.

That passage occurs before Sarah conceives, putting Abraham at about 99 years old

Behold, Abraham at 115, well stricken in age.

hisonlyson7.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user