new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Anyone spending this kind of money on bleeding edge tech(especially because its first gen new tech) which offers modest perf improvements has more money than brains.
Here is some free advice. Wait for ver 1.1 at least and this works on everything in life. This is absolutely an attempt on 1080 old stock dump. The selling feature of the new card RTX does not even exist yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I keep considering buying a 2080 since I have a 960. Then I look at the price (~$850) and decide not to. I'm just hoping AMD's next offering doesn't suck dick

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anyone spending this kind of money on bleeding edge tech(especially because its first gen new tech) which offers modest perf improvements has more money than brains.
Here is some free advice. Wait for ver 1.1 at least and this works on everything in life. This is absolutely an attempt on 1080 old stock dump. The selling feature of the new card RTX does not even exist yet.
Waiting for 1.1 is a good rule of thumb for people that don’t have deep pockets full of disposable income, but it’s the early adopters that pay for the R&D so the rest of us can enjoy the mass production prices.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Currently have a 1070, but recently got a 4K tv (oled from lg, amazing to game on). Noticing my 1070 isn’t cutting it for 4K, atleast for some games (black desert in ultra mode). Lower res doesn’t work well on such a big screen either so I wanna stick to 4K. Make more sense to go with a 1080ti, or is 2080 ti needed for practical 4K gaming?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Currently have a 1070, but recently got a 4K tv (oled from lg, amazing to game on). Noticing my 1070 isn’t cutting it for 4K, atleast for some games (black desert in ultra mode). Lower res doesn’t work well on such a big screen either so I wanna stick to 4K. Make more sense to go with a 1080ti, or is 2080 ti needed for practical 4K gaming?

1080ti for current 4k with comprimises. 2080ti for 4k without headaches/future games. Some games won't run well at 4k regardless (BDO is probably one of those after their graphics revamp)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

I've always been part of the crowd that pays like 75% less for a setup that still does about 90% of what an absolute bleeding edge PC will do. I'm sorely in need of an upgrade, it's been forever (lol 8 gigs ram and still using a GTX 980!), and I have some disposable $$$ might just go for bleeding edge this time.

I've heard AMD is coming out with some brand new stuff soon, might switch over to them this go around

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've always been part of the crowd that pays like 75% less for a setup that still does about 90% of what an absolute bleeding edge PC will do. I'm sorely in need of an upgrade, it's been forever (lol 8 gigs ram and still using a GTX 980!), and I have some disposable $$$ might just go for bleeding edge this time.

I've heard AMD is coming out with some brand new stuff soon, might switch over to them this go around
Pfft, that's some top tier shit compared to what I'm updating from. 8gigs ram too and a GTX 770. Most of the modern stuff I've had to downgrade quite a lot to run so getting a new PC now. No 2080ti available here though, gonna have to wait until mid november or so I assume, hopefully.

Problem with AMD is their GFX stuff is all low/mid range. Like 200-500bux range stuff, which is nice if you want solid value, but not so nice if you want performance and want to drop money. On top of that there's always that one game that runs like shit on AMD cards for 2weeks until new drivers and whatever because it's really not nearly as supported as Nvidia. I don't think the new stuff they have will directly compete with the high end GFX cards from Nvidia either, which sucks cause Nvidia could use some competition so they drop their prices back down.

Their processors are cool though, I'm getting a 2700x because the new Intel 9900k seems like a pretty big disapointment and it's expensive as fuck too. It's less than half the price counting the cooling needed for the 9900k(which is a 350+euro difference total, a fairly substantial amount) and at 4k the differences are fairly negligible based on the benchmarks(lower dips but average FPS is pretty much the same).

• 1Like

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>

Same boat here. My rig was semi high end when i got it. Even now i can run most of my stuff in decent resolution.
Its time to upgrade but i aint getting a GPU that costs 1500+ cannuckistan copecks if it doesnt come with a trial version of a hooker included. Just not enough bang for the buck right now.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Same boat here. My rig was semi high end when i got it. Even now i can run most of my stuff in decent resolution.
Its time to upgrade but i aint getting a GPU that costs 1500+ cannuckistan copecks if it doesnt come with a trial version of a hooker included. Just not enough bang for the buck right now.
Not enough bang

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

1080ti, BDO on ultra, I was getting around 30-40 FPS at 4k during fights. 50+ everywhere else. Small overclock I was getting 35-42 FPS on fights.

Monster Hunter World I get around 40-55 FPS for fights. 4K

Tera older game I know, and heavily CPU dependent. GTX-980-1080ti I went to about 40FPS on average from about 30-35. Though I think it was more CPU than GPU. 4K

BF4 stays maxxed at 60FPS @4K.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you're running 4K, turn off Anti-Aliasing, and you'll gain 30-60fps. I find AA just makes the image blurry and sloggish at 4K.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
picked up another 1080, only good thing about the RTX's release right now, hahaha.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have any experience with freesync 2? Monitor I have supports it, but I'm currently running a 1060. I've hit the 2 year mark of wanting to build another one and can't decide whether I want to go AMD/freesync or shell out more money and go 1080ti/2080. I pretty much know what I'm getting with the gtx/rtxs, but not so sure with the freesync2 side of tings. This would be for 1080 and not 1440 for a bit more detail.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Here is some free advice stay away from blanket statements...oh and make more money you fucking peasant.