new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Here is some free advice stay away from blanket statements...oh and make more money you fucking peasant.
Ugh... you got me. How will i ever deal with this while i wait before going ahead and buying a first gen product that is overpriced with promised features non existent.
Oh yeah, i know i will use the money i save while waiting for the bugs to be sorted out and for games to come out that are able to use all the features and spend it on legal weed.
In regards to your opposition to blanket statements, did you expect nuance on this board?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ugh... you got me. How will i ever deal with this while i wait before going ahead and buying a first gen product that is overpriced with promised features non existent.
Oh yeah, i know i will use the money i save while waiting for the bugs to be sorted out and for games to come out that are able to use all the features and spend it on legal weed.
In regards to your opposition to blanket statements, did you expect nuance on this board?
Way to be smart with that money by spending it on weed!

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Way to be smart with that money by spending it on weed!
Well if its meant to be burned then i am gonna burn it myself. Also i have not smoked in years so might as well try some of the new stuff before they get the idea of outlawing it again.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

No you got your self with you moronic statements. I am not even going to get into how flawed your logic is to take the money that you would spend on a tangible asset (though depreciating) and go buy a consumable product? Really dude? How the fuck do you tie your shoes in the morning?

Here is a scenario that you did not think of when you made your dumb fuck blanket statement...

I was in the market for a new PC, the timing just happened to coincide with the new RTX 2080. Did you really expect me to put a 1080 for $600 in my brand new machine and then wait for 1.1 and then buy a 2080 for $800? By your logic I would spend $1,400 in less than a year.

Keep flipping those burgers bro, I am sure you will make Assistant to the Assistant Night Manager someday.

• 5Salty
Reactions: 4 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
No you got your self with you moronic statements. I am not even going to get into how flawed your logic is to take the money that you would spend on a tangible asset (though depreciating) and go buy a consumable product? Really dude? How the fuck do you tie your shoes in the morning?

Here is a scenario that you did not think of when you made your dumb fuck blanket statement...

I was in the market for a new PC, the timing just happened to coincide with the new RTX 2080. Did you really expect me to put a 1080 for $600 in my brand new machine and then wait for 1.1 and then buy a 2080 for $800? By your logic I would spend $1,400 in less than a year.

Keep flipping those burgers bro, I am sure you will make Assistant to the Assistant Night Manager someday.
You seem mad. Are you regretting your 2080 purchase?

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>

Wow dude. you got really touchy. Took my offhand comment about purchasing new gpu as a personal attack directed at you it seems.
You are the one that looks like he spend so much of his disposable income and now are trying to justify it to yourself by doubleing down and attack anyone who disagrees with your decision.
Calling a gpu a tangible asset as if it would retain some value when there is almost no secondary market for it is moronic, as soon as you buy it the value becomes basically zero. You are not purchasing real estate here.

Nice touch finishing it with a personal attack too. Oh noes, he called me poor whatever should i do.
Oh yea, im gonna not look silly dropping a grand and a half on a stupid bleeding edge video card when no current games even use the new tech.

You seem mad. Are you regretting your 2080 purchase?
Dude... its a tangible asset!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy Not regretting it in the least, I am super happy with my purchase.

Calling a gpu a tangible asset as if it would retain some value when there is almost no secondary market for it is moronic, as soon as you buy it the value becomes basically zero. You are not purchasing real estate here.

Can't tell if you are just ignorant or powerful dumb. As someone who worked in Commercial Leasing where roughly 40% of my business was due "tech refresh" I assure you there is a secondary market for used computer components.

And lol at your Real Estate comment, if you want to step into that realm I will absolutely school you on how depreciation works in Real Estate

The more you type the more I think your original blanket statement "more money than brains" is true about you, the problem is it sounds like you are broke.

Oh yea, im gonna not look silly dropping a grand and a half on a stupid bleeding edge video card when no current games even use the new tech.

First off you would look silly trying to drop a grand in a half because your credit cards are all maxed out and you would get declined.

Again, I needed a new PC for a multitude of reasons and odds are with this purchase of the newer tech I will not need to replace it for 6-8 years (maybe longer) where as all my past builds last 3-5 years.

Can't wait to see what the next stupid/ignorant thing you type.

• 2Triggered
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ok White Knight, please point out where in my post I am wrong?
its not that you are wrong, its that you are dumb. Also I took a dump on the other guy days ago so no white knighting going on here, you both are potatoes is all.

• 1Like

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy Not regretting it in the least, I am super happy with my purchase.

Can't tell if you are just ignorant or powerful dumb. As someone who worked in Commercial Leasing where roughly 40% of my business was due "tech refresh" I assure you there is a secondary market for used computer components.

And lol at your Real Estate comment, if you want to step into that realm I will absolutely school you on how depreciation works in Real Estate

The more you type the more I think your original blanket statement "more money than brains" is true about you, the problem is it sounds like you are broke.

First off you would look silly trying to drop a grand in a half because your credit cards are all maxed out and you would get declined.

Again, I needed a new PC for a multitude of reasons and odds are with this purchase of the newer tech I will not need to replace it for 6-8 years (maybe longer) where as all my past builds last 3-5 years.

Can't wait to see what the next stupid/ignorant thing you type.
May bad, i was not familiar with the second hand gpu market. So tell me how many second hand gpus did you purchase for your rigs over the years?
Personally i never owned one and would never buy one because people think they are geniuses and used to overclock them until they were cooked.

You are very defensive and keep pushing this "I have more money than you" thing like it matters on an internet board.
You bought a 2080 and i stand by my "blanket" statement which is now directed at you, you have more money than brains.
Good luck with your purchase, i will wait a few more months.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
its not that you are wrong, its that you are dumb. Also I took a dump on the other guy days ago so no white knighting going on here, you both are potatoes is all.

Well I am not dumb, but I am probably "acting" dumb in this instance trying to explain anything pertaining to logic to a potato. I just actually had some free time this week and have mostly been trying to do God's Work in the Who's that Girl Thread.

Sentagur Sentagur Thanks for the well wishes, but I don't need luck because I have a life time warranty on all parts and labor compliments of Xidax.com

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I got you both beat. I am going to buy a 2080ti AND smoke pot. Winning.

• 3Worf
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Well I am not dumb, but I am probably "acting" dumb in this instance trying to explain anything pertaining to logic to a potato. I just actually had some free time this week and have mostly been trying to do God's Work in the Who's that Girl Thread.

Sentagur Sentagur Thanks for the well wishes, but I don't need luck because I have a life time warranty on all parts and labor compliments of Xidax.com
What logic were you trying to explain kid? Defending your decision to chase the bleeding edge and taking my opinion on how its not wort it in this case as a personal insult?

You are the one getting touchy.
You are the one talking about buying a new video card as some baller move.
You are defending your decision for some reason as if you are trying to justify it to yourself.

I used to chase the edge some 10 years ago when i spent more time gaming.
Now most games dont really do it for me and i have not found one that would push me to break my stance on purchasing first gen technology.
Your whole "im rich" thing and trying to insult me by suggesting i might be flipping burgers(not that anything is wrong with this) for living just seem like pure projection.
In any case i am excited to have my first FOH beef .
Chears.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Why would you buy a 2080 instead of a 2080 ti if money isn't a concern? Or are you just shorthanding when referencing?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Hi guys, I just bought an rtx 2070 and now I can't afford my meth, AMA.

Got two 1080Ti's at $500 each in the last month. Yup.

Used? I couldn't find a 1080 TI under $750 the last few days when I was putting together parts for a build and most of them were 900+++ Even regular 1080 were skimpy at 500 when I was looking.

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah used, 1080ti haven't really dropped, seems they might have even gone up a little bit in some places, but you can find a lot of them used with the warranty still on(if the seller gives you their sales ticket you can get warranties from the manufacturer fine usually). Some of these might be mining cards though so they might have taken a beating but generally won't be that much of a problem.

New it makes little sense to buy a 1080ti now, although for black friday they might be heavily discounted to clear some stocks, while the 2080 probably won't.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Hi guys, I just bought an rtx 2070 and now I can't afford my meth, AMA.

Used? I couldn't find a 1080 TI under $750 the last few days when I was putting together parts for a build and most of them were 900+++ Even regular 1080 were skimpy at 500 when I was looking.
Ebay. But if that's the case, I have a couple to sell for $750 each. :smart: