new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Why would you buy a 2080 instead of a 2080 ti if money isn't a concern? Or are you just shorthanding when referencing?

you still have to sign up to monitoring sites to have a shot at ordering a ti right now, they stay available for a few minutes before selling out especially the non founders editions

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Why would you buy a 2080 instead of a 2080 ti if money isn't a concern? Or are you just shorthanding when referencing?
you still have to sign up to monitoring sites to have a shot at ordering a ti right now, they stay available for a few minutes before selling out especially the non founders editions

I only got the 2080, not the 2080 TI for exactly the reason fanaskin said. Xidax told me it would be six weeks at a minimum for the 2080 TI, if the 2080 TI was available I would have bought it. And like I have said a over and over, I was in the market for a new PC, this was a timing thing it has nothing to do with chasing bleeding edge tech. I bought the best available at the time to fill the need. I needed my new PC up and running by Nov. 1 for the launch of my new business.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm trying to grab a 2080ti when they "possibly restock" early november here, kinda sucks having to wait but might as well I don't want a 2080(or a 1080ti). Just hope I can get one, at least one of the decent models(can find some PNY and Inno3D shit or whatever but fuck that noise).

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I only got the 2080, not the 2080 TI for exactly the reason fanaskin said. Xidax told me it would be six weeks at a minimum for the 2080 TI, if the 2080 TI was available I would have bought it. And like I have said a over and over, I was in the market for a new PC, this was a timing thing it has nothing to do with chasing bleeding edge tech. I bought the best available at the time to fill the need. I needed my new PC up and running by Nov. 1 for the launch of my new business.

Couldn't you just build it sans the gpu and then chuck in a 2080ti in six weeks time? Seems a bit silly imo.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Couldn't you just build it sans the gpu and then chuck in a 2080ti in six weeks time? Seems a bit silly imo.
I guess you missed the part about me needing it by Nov 1?

EDIT: Also, they said "six weeks at a minimum" which is a bit open ended.

• 1Salty

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
2080 is often better than the 1080ti you keep telling him to buy instead

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Sentagur Sentagur Instead of sending you a PM I figured I should probably do this publicly.

I am sorry.

I reacted like a cunt to your blanket statement. I am not sure what is up with me, perhaps I am a bit anxious about launching my business next week and over reacted. With that said, I don't want to make any excuses or have any qualifiers in this apology. I was wrong.

While I still disagree with all of your logic once the argument started, I am at fault for starting the argument. 999 out of a 1,000 I scroll by comment like that and just roll my eyes and move along, I really don't know why I let it annoy me so much. I am honestly embarrassed I let it get to me, I acted childish and cunty.

I hope you will accept my apology.

• 25Like
Reactions: 24 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Sentagur Sentagur Instead of sending you a PM I figured I should probably do this publicly.

I am sorry.

I reacted like a cunt to your blanket statement. I am not sure what is up with me, perhaps I am a bit anxious about launching my business next week and over reacted. With that said, I don't want to make any excuses or have any qualifiers in this apology. I was wrong.

While I still disagree with all of your logic once the argument started, I am at fault for starting the argument. 999 out of a 1,000 I scroll by comment like that and just roll my eyes and move along, I really don't know why I let it annoy me so much. I am honestly embarrassed I let it get to me, I acted childish and cunty.

I hope you will accept my apology.
How do i accept your apology graciously without also looking like a fag just like you for apologizing on the internet?
Good luck with your business and may your 2080 feel like a 2080TI.
Now enough of that before we all need tampons or something similar.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
f.gif
f2.gif
f.gif

• 4Worf
  • 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't have to be as fast as a 2080ti. If its close in speed and half the price they will make a killing.

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
EVGA finally has a 2080 TI listed for $999. Out of stock, but in my experience if you sign up for alerts they tend to release each SKU at least once a week for anyone watching their emails.