New Progression Server confirmed

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
See if any of you guys could help me... Long story short, I was playing Ragefire over the weekend and was having my PC completely freeze up in game, had to cold boot multiple times etc... Started running Win EQ in the background the freezing stopped happening, and I was able to play (although the game seemed a bit choppier than usual.

What is Win EQ doing to cause that to stop happening? Is it an issue with newer CPU's? Also since it was a patch day, Win EQ has not been updated yet, any work around so that I dont constantly crash? Thanks
Win EQ has improved CPU balancing for the client from what I've heard - sounds like you might have a core going bad/overheating if I was to wager a guess. If you want a fix besides Win EQ, I'd look at making sure your CPU and GPU fan/sink isn't full of dust and overheating. [Had this problem myself like a week ago, sink was coated in cat dander it had sucked in that I scraped out]

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Having planned on Fennin Ro for a while back during classic when it was the highest pop server Ragefire is like that but much worse. Hopping on to a low to medium pop server with Kunark made the entire game come alive and it's a big part of why my personal nostalgia begins there. Anyone hating on instancing now hasn't spent enough time in Rathe Mts or Upper Guk with 95 people fighting with everyone over everything and going nowhere. This is like four servers worth of people stuffed on to one and the game doesn't actually work at that point.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Did a tutorial for several other guys earlier today on ISBoxer, here is the VOD from Twitch for anyone who missed it and was interested

Twitch

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It really won't - more money in the system with more players will buoy any loss of value from extra drops.
Right, I agree, but then you kind of start running up against the issue of it being more effective to farm for items rather than plat/gems. So, like I said, the economic side of things will still see a big impact, even if the influx of extra plat is enough to offset/buoy increased supply of items.

Vaclav

Right, I agree, but then you kind of start running up against the issue of it being more effective to farm for items rather than plat/gems. So, like I said, the economic side of things will still see a big impact, even if the influx of extra plat is enough to offset/buoy increased supply of items.
That's not really a bad thing though IMO - more sense of accomplishment looting something yourself rather than buying from farming trivial shit.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Win EQ has improved CPU balancing for the client from what I've heard - sounds like you might have a core going bad/overheating if I was to wager a guess. If you want a fix besides Win EQ, I'd look at making sure your CPU and GPU fan/sink isn't full of dust and overheating. [Had this problem myself like a week ago, sink was coated in cat dander it had sucked in that I scraped out]
Turned Max FPS to 59, still having the issue. Heat sink is one of the self-contained corsair units, case is ultra clean (GPU included) & temps are perfectly fine. PC is running Witcher 3/WoW etc perfectly no issues at all. In EQ my driver will crash and recover, or freeze. AMD card, most up to date drivers.

Any continued suggestions are always appreciated.

PS this is not the adv loot issue either.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
On the topic of item pricing, with more people being able to actually play due to instancing I'd imagine more items get purchased and consumed. Sure market volatility on things like HQ cat pelts might drive them down pretty low. But shit like Glowing black stone or fishbone earings will still be gated by their rarity and spawn windows.

It really depends on how many instances get opened up and when.
That's what i dont get about that complaint. Sure there will be 3x as many drops, but there's 4x the amount of people. All this is doing is making the drops even with the population.

Vaclav

Turned Max FPS to 59, still having the issue. Heat sink is one of the self-contained corsair units, case is ultra clean (GPU included) & temps are perfectly fine. PC is running Witcher 3/WoW etc perfectly no issues at all. In EQ my driver will crash and recover, or freeze. AMD card, most up to date drivers.

Any continued suggestions are always appreciated.

PS this is not the adv loot issue either.
DirectX been checked? After that I'm baffled.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
That didn't take too long

rrr_img_98541.jpg

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
11 am tomorrow.

We are targeting 11am for the opening of Lockjaw tomorrow (barring any Clowncar antics). #everquest

What were you trolling about?
If he used the same name, he had a thread about exploding dicks, another thread asking for gamer girls to play with etc. You get the jist.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Timezone?

Kreugen it's different for each zone, based on the number of NPC's in that zone.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
11 am tomorrow.

We are targeting 11am for the opening of Lockjaw tomorrow (barring any Clowncar antics). #everquest

If he used the same name, he had a thread about exploding dicks, another thread asking for gamer girls to play with etc. You get the jist.
Yeah the shit show of those forums with people just bitching and moaning I just started posted really dumb threads like that since I was like how much worse can this section get.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I'm probably going to come to Lockjaw. should I just do /join rerolled once I get on?

Might make a mage just because otherwise probably a healer