New Rule: Should we cull all EQ-Neckbeard discussion from game threads?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I do however support a thread being culled of it on an individual basis if it gets really bad, like 7-10 pages worth of bad. Kind of like how it's always been done.

That aside, you EQ nostalgia victims really do fucking post about it too much, in every single thread imaginable.
What did you think I meant? I'm not going around cutting out 1 or 2 posts here and there. But if a derail starts growing across multiple days and multiple pages like in the TESO thread, then I would do something.

Jesus, do you tards think I want to go around and snipping out single posts every 30 minutes and moving them?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I can't wait for this thread to derail into EQ Nostalgia. Meta as fuck.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Hey, do you guys remember the rush you used to get when the Efreeti would finally drop boots on your turn to loot?! Fuck all these new MMOs!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I never got Jboots, I feel left out =/ But I was a Ranger so had SOW anyway. Ah, I recall when I got that spell like it was yesterday.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I never got Jboots, I feel left out =/ But I was a Ranger so had SOW anyway. Ah, I recall when I got that spell like it was yesterday.
But SoW stacked with Jboots!

I voted no. You KNOW who will derail. Just ignore them.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yes. If people want to talk about EQ give them a place to do it. It's currently next to impossible to find information on a game in a thread because it eventually gets derailed with the same shit over and over. If a thread falls to the second page that means nothing new has come out to discuss about it.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Just step in and tell people to get on topic if it's getting out of hand, why the hell would you need some rules and laws for that shit. Isn't this what moderators are supposed to do, instead of acting as pseudo-admins because they like banning people?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
My old boss poopsocked RageFire with his guild like 5 times and his wife left him. She wanted to go on a vacation but he spent all his days on camping other people's cleric epic.

Fuck EQ. Loved the game but it sucked me into a vaccum for 5 years. Cull the Neckbeard.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So thinking of getting back into eq on FV server, I want to box a shaman/monk, but thinking shaman/sk will have better utility.

Remember the music at the initial loading screen, remember it and have a great day.

fippy

haha the "no" option of the poll has now beat the "yes". 33-32 at the moment. eat a dick you wow cunts. go queue from orgrimmar you fucking boners!

edit- just changed, this shit is neck and neck

Darshu_sl

shitlord
What did you think I meant? I'm not going around cutting out 1 or 2 posts here and there. But if a derail starts growing across multiple days and multiple pages like in the TESO thread, then I would do something.

Jesus, do you tards think I want to go around and snipping out single posts every 30 minutes and moving them?
With this understanding and believing it'll cull Vanilla wow discussion I support...

I would hate to see all EQ classic discussion die though. It wasn't an amazingly better than all others game but there are some things to miss.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
You dont want to censor what people want to say in any thread , sometimes in a conversation the topic will change. it happens

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Originally proposed by Sean:http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...l=1#post163962

The proposal is to make starting an EQ-nostalgia-neckbeard derail in any game thread a punishable offense. This boils down to any discussion that starts off with so-and-so MMORPG is garbage we should go back to making a game like EQ that was better in all ways possible.

All of these derails will then be culled from individual threads and moved into a specific thread for neckbearding, rosy glasses included. The effect will keep individual game threads clear of crap. No more armchair deving in game threads.
No way. People are always going to compare the past with the present and future, and it's valid in the context of MMO's.

No more armchair dev'ing? That's what FOH was built on.

Dom_sl

shitlord

Considering that you didn't specify what qualifies as a derail, and as every moderator will have a different tolerance for said derails, and going by your choice of language in the post, yes... that's what I thought you meant. Not to mention that this post wouldn't have been needed in the first place if that wasn't what you meant, as that was what has always been done throughout the two forums. You don't need our permission to do what you feel is right on your forums, especially when it's within the same moderation boundaries that we've been living with for so long.

Also, keep in mind that many of us are overly cautious of moderation due to the actions of some of the fohforums 1.0 people, IE: Millie.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Theres is nothing to discuss anyway. The new games like TESO are all under tight wrapped NDA with nothing new to talk about, so yeah, lets talk EQ, bitches.
biggrin.png