New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The surprise isn't that they are still doing stupid things because apparently they are just fucking idiots and can't stop won't stop with the stupid; the surprise is the game hasn't completely become a ghost town desert by now with all of the "2006 Every MMO has done this" stupid mistakes. On the job training bullshit. They have every failed MMO of the past 20 years to look at and learn from yet they are walking many of the same steps others have trod.

Angry Will Ferrell GIF
Well, somewhere in the mess of all the really stupid fuck ups and bad design decisions, they've managed to create something really special. As a result, the game is always going to have some kind of core playerbase that are in tune with the magic. Unless they piss those people off beyond reason, they'll be around, even if not fully active.

This stupid fucking mess of a buggy fuckfest cocksucking bitch whore game reaches me in some way that I can't explain.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is anyone aware of a bug to higher gs drops? My brother has been 60 for weeks, he’s done loads of chest and elite runs, OPR, and hasn’t gotten anything higher than a 500gs life staff. Plenty of the staves drop, but they are always 500.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’m thinking of transferring servers, we have 600 around peak and we control everything. I’ll prob fill all my inventories with resources before I do though.

Cybsled

Honestly best bet is hold out until they announce server merges, otherwise you'll have blown your xfer token and might find yourself in an undesirable situation due to a merge

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Honestly best bet is hold out until they announce server merges, otherwise you'll have blown your xfer token and might find yourself in an undesirable situation due to a merge
Have they given an ETA on that though?
I mean it’ll take a bit to fill all my storages with ore and wood and stuff anyway, so I’m in no rush.
I’m tired of running around in a 520 gear score because I can’t find farming groups though.

oh well, I’ve almost maxed out furnishing, still lots to do profession wise.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have they given an ETA on that though?
I mean it’ll take a bit to fill all my storages with ore and wood and stuff anyway, so I’m in no rush.
I’m tired of running around in a 520 gear score because I can’t find farming groups though.

oh well, I’ve almost maxed out furnishing, still lots to do profession wise.
Im surprised you cant find groups. Vingolf is at around 700 at peak and I can do pretty much anything I want. Are you in a popular company? I would say faction, but that means fk all when it comes to WM grind. Simply sitting at Fay for hours on end will net you a steady stream of WM upgrades for example. Much less Brute in RW etc.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Im surprised you cant find groups. Vingolf is at around 700 at peak and I can do pretty much anything I want. Are you in a popular company? I would say faction, but that means fk all when it comes to WM grind. Simply sitting at Fay for hours on end will net you a steady stream of WM upgrades for example. Much less Brute in RW etc.
My company controls the server, but most of them are maxed at this point.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
12/7 a lot if people will be taking a break for the new FFXIV expansion, but New World is one and done forever, so it doesn't hurt anything. I am almost 60 now, just putzing around and getting gathering skills maxxed out. Once I get 60 I may or may not do the CON build and get a few sets of gear and do all the weapon skills.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I’m thinking of transferring servers, we have 600 around peak and we control everything. I’ll prob fill all my inventories with resources before I do though.
Yeah we were in a similar situation but our population dipped into the high 400-500 during peak on Macaria. Going to Olympus is like going from the playground to the big boys titty club.

We attacked the biggest company on olympus in everfall today and got our shit pushed in hard. Could not even take one point, lol. This is basically without losing one war on Macaria ever as the current company. These fuckers utilized the meta to the fullest, fielding like 40% mages with the ice gauntlet and fire staff BS which are basically broken right now, pally healers with hammers which are basically un-killable, and a flank that shred our back lines like we were still lv 45. Basically everything that is getting nerfed on PTR. Plus they use the food stacking shit which basically makes their regen like 200%-300%. We also did this knowing they would but shit like this they need to fix. But at least we were not getting camped at our gates so thats a thing I guess? THere was other sus shit going on that we noticed too, when we played back some footage, some musket faggot using 2 muskets was sniping our mages and healers which were moving around and roll dodging like they always do around the points for 6K crit head shots at a 100 yards. I mean you have to be pretty fucking good hitting a moving target at 100 yards with a musket let alone scoring 100% headshots. But you be the judge.

But overall the move was good. The market there is filled with legendary 600 BS and other high end 590- 600 purples that make your eyes melt. Shit, on Macaria if someone got a legendary piece, it was like a server wide event, lol. Shit that sold there on Macaria like the T5 food recipes for 5K a pop are like 100 gold here cause they are so common because of all the people and camping shit 24/7. Mats, especially the base ones are pennies to buy, dont even bother to farm shit because most nodes are camped pretty hard. Nort to mention OP rush which pops every few min and even pops in the off hours. On Macaria we only had a few hours of this running daily and basically seeing the same 50-60 people over and over again. And this is a huge way to get gold and azoth, win or lose.

If youre gonna transfer make a noob character on that server ( if its another world set) and check the market for shit that sells for more there, so at least you can make some cash while moving. We did this with some guild funds and made a quick 50K. Other shit that might be cheaper on your old server you might want to stock up on. We bought like 250 ea of tolvium and cinnabar which was going for 70-80 golds a pop because on Olympus that shit is like 150-170 ea.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Yeah we were in a similar situation but our population dipped into the high 400-500 during peak on Macaria. Going to Olympus is like going from the playground to the big boys titty club.

We attacked the biggest company on olympus in everfall today and got our shit pushed in hard. Could not even take one point, lol. This is basically without losing one war on Macaria ever as the current company. These fuckers utilized the meta to the fullest, fielding like 40% mages with the ice gauntlet and fire staff BS which are basically broken right now, pally healers with hammers which are basically un-killable, and a flank that shred our back lines like we were still lv 45. Basically everything that is getting nerfed on PTR. Plus they use the food stacking shit which basically makes their regen like 200%-300%. We also did this knowing they would but shit like this they need to fix. But at least we were not getting camped at our gates so thats a thing I guess? THere was other sus shit going on that we noticed too, when we played back some footage, some musket faggot using 2 muskets was sniping our mages and healers which were moving around and roll dodging like they always do around the points for 6K crit head shots at a 100 yards. I mean you have to be pretty fucking good hitting a moving target at 100 yards with a musket let alone scoring 100% headshots. But you be the judge.

But overall the move was good. The market there is filled with legendary 600 BS and other high end 590- 600 purples that make your eyes melt. Shit, on Macaria if someone got a legendary piece, it was like a server wide event, lol. Shit that sold there on Macaria like the T5 food recipes for 5K a pop are like 100 gold here cause they are so common because of all the people and camping shit 24/7. Mats, especially the base ones are pennies to buy, dont even bother to farm shit because most nodes are camped pretty hard. Nort to mention OP rush which pops every few min and even pops in the off hours. On Macaria we only had a few hours of this running daily and basically seeing the same 50-60 people over and over again. And this is a huge way to get gold and azoth, win or lose.

If youre gonna transfer make a noob character on that server ( if its another world set) and check the market for shit that sells for more there, so at least you can make some cash while moving. We did this with some guild funds and made a quick 50K. Other shit that might be cheaper on your old server you might want to stock up on. We bought like 250 ea of tolvium and cinnabar which was going for 70-80 golds a pop because on Olympus that shit is like 150-170 ea.
Just being a cheeky bastard - but you made it sound like you guys were busting peoples balls on your old server with the same shit that is busting your balls on your new server. 😂

But I do hope a lot of that stuff gets fixed in a timely fashion. People have found quite a few bugs with void gauntlet on ptr, too. So hope that craps sorted out before they release it to the masses.

What you’re saying about legendaries and mats is something I figured would be the case on a high pop server. People linking legendary shit all amazed that it rolled legendary - meanwhile it’ll be like heavy armor with int and focus, with logging luck, hammer perk etc. congrats on that pos I guess? Also expected that asmodeum and such would sell for a good chunk of profit.

As the game gets older, the cracks in the crafting area are starting to shine brighter for me. A new person joining the game on a server with a good population will have the choice of grinding a trade for a huge fortune and not have anything besides the trade being maxxed to show for it - or they can spend a small fortune and get perfectly itemized max WM gear.

if they increase the WM of gear at some point, then I’m sure crafting levels will get higher - so maybe preparing for the future is all you can really count on.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

One thing they need to change is the craftable named legendary weapons being BOP. They need to be tradable, otherwise very few people will ever actually own them.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Nah I want them to be bop. If they were boe they'd ruin the price on everything else and crafters wouldn't be able to sell anything except for those single weapons. Those weps are to reward you for working on your skills, and that's fine imo. Many of them are bad, but if you piece together stuff like the Lazarus bops and some of the good legendary bops, there'd be only 1 weapon of each type that sold on the market and nothing else.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just being a cheeky bastard - but you made it sound like you guys were busting peoples balls on your old server with the same shit that is busting your balls on your new server. 😂
Nahh, were mostly a melee 50, were probably 70% melee with rest being heals, mages and ranged. Also no pallies. Never used food stacking BS, we didnt even know about it until coming to this server.

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Nahh, were mostly a melee 50, were probably 70% melee with rest being heals, mages and ranged. Also no pallies. Never used food stacking BS, we didnt even know about it until coming to this server.
Then I doubt you guys know about the aimbot that is easily google-able and is a pay-for addon, but that would explain why you are shocked at the 100% headshot rate of your opponents.

Daidraco

So who's doing this on Vingolf? lol

I saw that post on Reddit and a bunch of retards were like "well why do you care? Just kill it!" .. Ya you f'n morons, you have to keep killing it, over and over and over, 24 hours a day.
Then I doubt you guys know about the aimbot that is easily google-able and is a pay-for addon, but that would explain why you are shocked at the 100% headshot rate of your opponents.
I rarely ever used ranged, but Im not surprised.

"Easy Anti-Cheat is the industry-leading anti–cheat service, countering hacking and cheating in multiplayer PC games through the use of hybrid anti–cheat mechanisms." Ya' f'n right.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I ran across a gathering bot in WF when I was trying to harvest oil. They need to purge this kind of bullshit.