New World

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I doubt it - you'd drive away the remaining playerbase. Look how quickly people started to dump Lost Ark once it dawned on them it was p2w

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I couldn't go on. This shit is soooo laggy whenever there are a few more PC/NPC. Launch was considerably better in terms of performance and I have the exact same system.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Every thing Ive thought of and read about doesnt fix my g/f's issue with her armor basically looking like a place holder.

If the game is stuttering/lagging etc. in just general play and people are experiencing shit like my g/f is.. they've really fucked something up with graphics, or at least with Nvidia.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
How the fuck do you people still play this dog shit ass game? I don't get it. The game is fundamentally broken beyond repair. Let it die already.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

How the fuck do you people still play this dog shit ass game? I don't get it. The game is fundamentally broken beyond repair. Let it die already.
My g/f loves the game. Idk what to tell ya. Its also crazy as shit that the games starting to get an uptick in population. Fuck if I know.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
My g/f loves the game. Idk what to tell ya. Its also crazy as shit that the games starting to get an uptick in population. Fuck if I know.
Ya for a casual gamer I get the appeal because the game looks nice and farming mats is actually kinda fun at least for a little while. However, anyone that actually plays games even at a slightly hardcore level, I just don't get it, there is no end game.

• 1Worf

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It had(has? no idea, haven't logged in since shortly after release) quite possibly the most retarded territory control system ever implemented in a game that I can think of. Only penalties if you don't control the town, and then when you do manage to take a town over you end up destroying half the shit in the town that made it valuable (top tier crafting stations) in the first place. There's literally no reason to ever not be on the biggest zerg faction on whatever server, it's only upsides. There are only downsides for not being in the zerg faction (which after a certain point they block making characters on) and it just contributes to the disparity between the "big" faction and everyone else. You effectively have to wait for the big faction members to just do all the things in the game to have a chance to touch some of the content, and not in a "they are more skilled" way. For several months after release, it was incredibly easy to defend a base, and even easier because of the inherent disparity between the controlling faction and anyone attacking.

Just immense design fuckups from the very start, compounded by other terrible design decisions. They fixed a lot of them, but the basic gameplay loop that the developers wanted is "Grind for incremental increases the exact same content for weeks/months, and then PVP with that!" Except the big PVP fights for towns are whomever the controlling faction picks, so if you aren't in it/friends then you don't get to do the big structured PVP thing for control of towns.

Crafting is -incredibly- boring after a certain point because the amount needed to unlock new things goes up exponentially, so you end up basically just crafting 8000 fishing poles just to break them down and then craft 2000 fishing poles, just to break down. The best thing that happened for crafting was the reagent drops were fucky for a minute and that let people actually make reasonable crafting progress. They fixed it and it brought everyone but those that had mats funneled to them early on to a halt, bolstering even further the faction that had the most players/biggest guilds. Shit was able to snowball super easily super early on, and then changes after the fact literally just made it even worse for the other factions as they went

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya for a casual gamer I get the appeal because the game looks nice and farming mats is actually kinda fun at least for a little while. However, anyone that actually plays games even at a slightly hardcore level, I just don't get it, there is no end game.

You're right the end game is lacking. At the moment it is pretty much PVP (Wars and OPR), invasions, and trying to get BIS gear. If you like those elements, it is good. Otherwise, it gets stale.
It had(has? no idea, haven't logged in since shortly after release) quite possibly the most retarded territory control system ever implemented in a game that I can think of. Only penalties if you don't control the town, and then when you do manage to take a town over you end up destroying half the shit in the town that made it valuable (top tier crafting stations) in the first place. There's literally no reason to ever not be on the biggest zerg faction on whatever server, it's only upsides. There are only downsides for not being in the zerg faction (which after a certain point they block making characters on) and it just contributes to the disparity between the "big" faction and everyone else. You effectively have to wait for the big faction members to just do all the things in the game to have a chance to touch some of the content, and not in a "they are more skilled" way. For several months after release, it was incredibly easy to defend a base, and even easier because of the inherent disparity between the controlling faction and anyone attacking.

Taking a town in a war only downgrades the fort, not the town itself. Losing an invasion (or not paying taxes) is what downgrades a town and the crafting stations. You also can't join the biggest faction and haven't been able to since day 1 (biggest faction is based on territory ownership, not actual population). The only way to circumvent that is to transfer to a server. So example: Purple is biggest faction. If you switch to purple faction on your server (assuming you can), then server xfer to the purple dominant server, then you've "joined" the biggest faction.

They've softened the penalties related to territory ownership. Fast travel is 20 azoth max now and you can freely xfer stuff between storage sheds. the biggest advantage to owning a territory is pretty much the money you make from it at this point and having control over what upgrades or town buffs you decide to activate.

Xerge

<Donor>
For once I agree with Lumi - the end game is slim unless you have a core group that enjoys pushing M10s. However the game it's self is still fun to play with, world looks and feels great, all while the devs are actively improving the game. Realistically the game is actually in a good position - I do know some streamers finally got to do a play test and record footage of the new area, so there should be info on it this week.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

For once I agree with Lumi - the end game is slim unless you have a core group that enjoys pushing M10s. However the game it's self is still fun to play with, world looks and feels great, all while the devs are actively improving the game. Realistically the game is actually in a good position - I do know some streamers finally got to do a play test and record footage of the new area, so there should be info on it this week.
Thats actually .. exciting to hear. Really hope they knock it out of the park with this area.
Taking a town in a war only downgrades the fort, not the town itself. Losing an invasion (or not paying taxes) is what downgrades a town and the crafting stations. You also can't join the biggest faction and haven't been able to since day 1 (biggest faction is based on territory ownership, not actual population). The only way to circumvent that is to transfer to a server. So example: Purple is biggest faction. If you switch to purple faction on your server (assuming you can), then server xfer to the purple dominant server, then you've "joined" the biggest faction.

They've softened the penalties related to territory ownership. Fast travel is 20 azoth max now and you can freely xfer stuff between storage sheds. the biggest advantage to owning a territory is pretty much the money you make from it at this point and having control over what upgrades or town buffs you decide to activate.
Most people just saw the town constantly downgrading back around launch. Never connecting the dots that it was invasions and they were buggy af back then and peoples power level was nowhere near what it is now.

Malakriss

People knew that invasions nuked levels, but they also knew that invasions were impossible and the town was screwed no matter what you did in launch era.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Invasions being buggy wasn't the biggest issue back then, it was mostly gear levels and not knowing the proper meta.

But ya, at launch invasions felt all but impossible. I never had invasion win on my original server and our server in general only had 2 wins, both due to bugs where the elites stood still and never attacked the gates.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I love the crafting system, personally. But, I always love crafting

I did, up until I realized it was relying too much on low tier material. I was happy to get past needing a ton of iron, only to discover that nope, now you need even more PLUS the new tier. Then multiply it again when you need iron for the tier after that too. I stopped crafting after that lol

Daidraco

Invasions being buggy wasn't the biggest issue back then, it was mostly gear levels and not knowing the proper meta.

But ya, at launch invasions felt all but impossible. I never had invasion win on my original server and our server in general only had 2 wins, both due to bugs where the elites stood still and never attacked the gates.
Not being a dick - But I meant bugs that would cut the entire invasion short so the town would lose basically a level on everything. Or the invasion wouldnt even start, and still downgrade your town. Or the bug where you would only get like 10 of the people that signed up in town and no one else could join? Or where you couldnt issue upgrades because the town has an invasion coming but the invasion isnt scheduled to happen for 137 years. Then out of nowhere, its fixed and your town degrades. Theres more, but I hope you're getting my point. You may feel like they werent the "biggest issue" but all of that shit seems pretty debilitating to me cause it happened quite regularly, not some rare occurrence.

Or are you talking about the bugs that made you win invasions? When three shield taunts one after the other in succession would basically break their AI? Or the way you could basically body block them and they just stood/ran in spot the whole time while getting killed? Spamming AoE's on the gate turning it invulnerable while someone repairs it? Or doing the same to a siege engine and now it never runs out of ammo?

I mean for a flagship feature of the game.. it was an absolute fucking mess. I know that just about all of this shit has been fixed.. but holy fuck...

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I've never had such bad performance from an MMO, even back when EQ2 first came out it was playable on the lowest settings.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I did, up until I realized it was relying too much on low tier material. I was happy to get past needing a ton of iron, only to discover that nope, now you need even more PLUS the new tier. Then multiply it again when you need iron for the tier after that too. I stopped crafting after that lol

I was fine with it, but again, I like farming and crafting.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They made it a little less painful. For refinement mats, everything is basically the highest tier by default. So when you refine iron into steel, you basically get double the amount

They also increased node spawn times and added new nodes for the higher tier materials, like starmetal and oricalcum