New World

Cybsled

Ya our company was the same. We held 3 lands, but sold one so we didn’t get non stop wars and get burnout. We have lost some great shot callers over the months due to burnout and good shot callers are a must in wars.

The shell change won’t mean much unless they implement some type of grace period to participate in wars. Like if you join a company, you can’t join a war for 3 days or whatever. Otherwise it would be simple to just join a shell for a war then leave after

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah good shot caller is a fucking MUST for a game like this. Those are just a special breed of people. Not only do they have great awareness of whats going on in the 10,000 ft view but can also lead and come up with strategy on the fly. And that strategy usually works out. But yeah they mentioned a lockout for joining wars after you change companies. So thats coming too with these changes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Yup. I’ve been in wars that felt like pugs because of lack of good shot calling or communication. If you have a good group of people who listen and a shot caller(s) who commands respect, the difference is like night and day

Xerge

<Donor>
I dont know how I would approach letting all of that content out. Piecemealing it seems wrong, and I would think they would want to take that much of a revamp and addition to the game and basically do an ARR?.... But at the same time, they have an insanely bad track record of letting buggy content into the game, whether thats through their own ineptitude, or the engine or a mix of both. So yes, test the shit out of it.

Great Sword is cool, and Im sure Ill at least try it. Unlike the other weapons theyve released so far. The newbie updates 1-25 are sorely needed, so thats great. Lots of new assets and variety etc. there. The Brimstone Sands.. I just want to know more about what we'll be doing there. There is another dungeon, cool - but any raid targets? Something other than PVP we can do with our guild thats large scale? I dont even care if its just events, just something that would encourage working together with a big payoff would be cool. Especially since gearing in this game is lame af.

At the same time, the PVP changes.. really hope they gut the ever living shit out of people being able to pocket money from the town. Thats some of the most poorly thought out shit Ive ever heard of. Even Shadowbane had better ideas than that, and that game came out fucking two decades ago almost.

The only complaint I have out of all of this is.. These sound like some pretty massive updates. Would have been really fucking nice if they would have teased more of this shit along the way. This stuff takes months and months to make so they had plenty of opportunity. Instead they just let players flounder around thinking "Game failed - development almost at a standstill. I should play something else thats not going to shut down."
I'm just sour they're revamping the character gameplay in a game where there's an emphasis on investing into one character experience. I do agree this shit should have been teased along the way, maybe a dev blog of the new weapon's development or something to showcase. I don't think we're at raid level yet but I do believe they're building the game up to it. before we get to raiding we need item/inventory management and some more diverse combat, speaking of which...

Something not announced in the video; ultimate abilities are coming in the form of equippable stones. More info here - New World Heartgem Rune Guide | NewWorldFans.com

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm just sour they're revamping the character gameplay in a game where there's an emphasis on investing into one character experience. I do agree this shit should have been teased along the way, maybe a dev blog of the new weapon's development or something to showcase. I don't think we're at raid level yet but I do believe they're building the game up to it. before we get to raiding we need item/inventory management and some more diverse combat, speaking of which...

Something not announced in the video; ultimate abilities are coming in the form of equippable stones. More info here - New World Heartgem Rune Guide | NewWorldFans.com
Thats the first Ive heard about those. The abilities sound cool, but I can already tell theyre going to revisit the perks just as many times as they revisit the main ability itself. A PVP fight is going to last twice as long now, lol.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice, more healing capability. Leech runes for the fun. Is odd they have not touted that yet. The way they run this game, you would think this was the very first MMO ever designed.

I am still playing it. Trying to build a corruption DPS build. The upgrade shards take a while to acquire if not PvP involved.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Those rune abilities all seem to have one thing in common: they really punish clumping. I’m curious how that will impact point control in wars. Timing your rune abilities will be just as important as grav well + aoeing clumps

Xerge

<Donor>
Clumping needs to be delt with but they pigeon holed them selves into it with their own gameplay/potions, however if they can effectively get rid of, or solve the issue of clumping, simply by introducing new combat gameplay that is definitely a win-win all around instead of band aid nerfs.

GS abilities are up, DPS and tanking trees which you basically 'stance dance' between for passive gains. Gives me gunblade vibes from ff14.

https://newworldfans.com/builds/new

• 1Like

Daidraco

I dont really follow Danneh. Ive watched him do some survival game in the past, but he seems to have done a deep dive with the devs on Brimstone. The video linked below is his, but its just gameplay footage - no talking. He has another video with a dev interview on the place etc. A lot of new areas, mobs, variety the works. It looks really, really good. Good enough that I may just hate play it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That final for defiance GS is nice. Constant 5% Leech with potential 15% post block. Add in 5% on ring. That might be interesting.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
quick dev video showing brimstone and the greatsword

"Tell us if the feature and changes are fun..."

Aannndd there is your problem. Don't build shit and ship it and then see if players like it. Build shit, play it as a team and if its fun, ship it. You build what YOU think is a fun and great game, and find your audience, you don't throw shit at the wall, and make changes based on who decides to catch it.

The biggest, and I mean single biggest, problem with New World, is the team building the game doesn't have a history with MMO's, most don't enjoy them, and not many are hardcore players of the game they are making. Some don't play the game at all. Its killing them.

Evidence by the fact that they pivot to PVE at the 11th, and then immediately start working on Arena features and features for Wars....WTF? I've said it from day 1. Schizophrenic design. This game was designed and meant to be the spiritual successor to Dark Age Of Camelot...the core game pillars were designed and built around that, and then they decide to go PVE themepark at the last possible moment and are STILL not getting why this game is dying (imo its already dead).

Totally delusional.

Cybsled

To be fair, most of what still plays the game is the "core" PVP audience. PVP isn't as big a lure as people think, especially when people lose. A lot of the stuff they unveiled, like trying to eliminate shell companies/etc, is trying to retain that core audience while at the same time, trying to expand how appealing the game is to other people.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
To be fair, most of what still plays the game is the "core" PVP audience. PVP isn't as big a lure as people think, especially when people lose. A lot of the stuff they unveiled, like trying to eliminate shell companies/etc, is trying to retain that core audience while at the same time, trying to expand how appealing the game is to other people.

But that's my point. They completely misunderstood the product, and their (core) audience. They don't know who their core audience actually is. Their updates reflect this. This has always been the game that doesn't know what it wants to be or do, and was just an amalgamation of design ideas and game loop types mashed together in no real cohesive manner. Its like a film that has had dozens of directors all with different visions.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
PvP or, wars to be more exact, in this game will never really be mainstream per say because its only the companies that PVP that ever see action aside maybe getting an invite here or there if they are short. In essence the PvP is relegated to big guilds that PVP. Rest of the plebs get to do the arena and instanced PvP. They never actually see a war. On my old OG server war was pretty much all relegated to 3 companies. I was lucky enough and through hard work (grinding my ass off) to be like one of the first 25 or so level cap players and a tank so I was regularly warring and invited to a guild that did that shit. Rest of the server was like lv 35ish.

Xerge

<Donor>
🤔
  • Added an Equip Load driven delay before a target can start running after being hit with a melee attack:
    • Light equip load - 1.5s delay (Reduced from 1.75s)
    • Medium equip load - 1.0s delay (Reduced from 1.75s)
    • Heavy equip load - 0.5s delay (Reduced from 1.75s)
    • Light and Medium dodge translation reduced by 20% while the delay is active.

Daidraco

🤔
  • Added an Equip Load driven delay before a target can start running after being hit with a melee attack:
    • Light equip load - 1.5s delay (Reduced from 1.75s)
    • Medium equip load - 1.0s delay (Reduced from 1.75s)
    • Heavy equip load - 0.5s delay (Reduced from 1.75s)
    • Light and Medium dodge translation reduced by 20% while the delay is active.
What does that even mean? Also, it says "added" but at the same time "reduced"? Like was the 1.75 snare always that way through coding, but now theyre making it into a mechanic and reducing it?

Just reminds me of a Black Friday Deal or something.
$499.99 on Thursday.
$599.99, now $499.99 Friday.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Way I am reading it, there is a delay to dodging after you get hit in medium and light? That would make it harder for them to kite

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would that be consecutive or just a one time timer until you have dodged again? Hatchet gets a lot stronger if I can essentially hold a person in light armor down from dodging, due to constant hits.