New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They made it a little less painful. For refinement mats, everything is basically the highest tier by default. So when you refine iron into steel, you basically get double the amount
Wait, are you saying like Shit green sandpaper is as good as purple sandpaper now? Or?...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Yes. They removed the old refining materials from the loot pool and made the new green stuff as powerful as the old blue stuff

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes,

There are no longer any levels to the quality of the refinement material. Yuu can get the same ones out of level 6 chests as you get from Elite level chests at 60th. I am on the fence about whether or not this was a good change. The lower ones were kind of pointless once you were 60th but World Tours could easily set you up as you needed. You could even solo farm the basic chests if you had too. The value has of course dropped significantly on the material now. I think they did nerf the effect of the refinement material on the Legendary refinements. I used to always get 12 with gear but now it ranges from 10-12.

Xerge

<Donor>
Wait, are you saying like Shit green sandpaper is as good as purple sandpaper now? Or?...
The game is easy as fuck now. If you want to be prepped for next area now is the time or you'll be returning and trying to enjoy new content while backtracking any other activities (might not be a bad thing, depending on your playstyle). There's also been at least 1 new dungeon plus the mutation system I don't think you experienced either.

Daidraco

Yes,

There are no longer any levels to the quality of the refinement material. Yuu can get the same ones out of level 6 chests as you get from Elite level chests at 60th. I am on the fence about whether or not this was a good change. The lower ones were kind of pointless once you were 60th but World Tours could easily set you up as you needed. You could even solo farm the basic chests if you had too. The value has of course dropped significantly on the material now. I think they did nerf the effect of the refinement material on the Legendary refinements. I used to always get 12 with gear but now it ranges from 10-12.
Hrm.. For whatever reason I remember the 12 coming from the best refining material PLUS a full suit of the refining types armor.

Regardless, I like the sound of the change. I spent hours looting chests in a certain item level range trying to get trophy shit and would end up just trashing shit a lot of the time because it was near worthless to sell or use. The change takes away from the chest runs, ya - but are they even worth doing anymore? Last I checked, Gypsum stuff took you up incredibly fast in comparison to what we were doing at launch. Even farming the same fucking loop of skeletons in the bottom right of Shattered Mountains.

Daidraco

The game is easy as fuck now. If you want to be prepped for next area now is the time or you'll be returning and trying to enjoy new content while backtracking any other activities (might not be a bad thing, depending on your playstyle). There's also been at least 1 new dungeon plus the mutation system I don't think you experienced either.
Im going to have to re-gear. This is the first game Ive played where I literally hate, like seriously hate, playing a tank. Everything hinges on Brimstone sands getting rave reviews for me. There is like zero FOMO in New World so the time period doesnt much matter to me.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

I think they did nerf the effect of the refinement material on the Legendary refinements. I used to always get 12 with gear but now it ranges from 10-12.

It was always low. Capturing the First Light fort guarantees an automatic 10% increase in refinement yields. So if you refine at least 10 of something, you're guaranteed 1 bonus

Daidraco

Im trying to figure out something for my g/f. When it comes to playing songs and music, what are the directionals assigned to each letter that needs to be pushed?
Directional New World Music.jpg

Cybsled

I dont think there is an actual directional aspect - you just need to press the key in question (S, W, etc)

Daidraco

Ok, all jokes aside - sounds like no one knows why there is an arrow pointing up, down, left and right. I was thinking it was like Guitar Hero where you maybe hold for a brief moment before and after. But that doesnt account for the up and down.

Im sure its as fucking basic as I expect it to be from New World devs, but even if its just "tap the correct button" ie Lost Ark, the arrows arent explained and make no fucking sense.

Xerge

<Donor>
I think it is just that basic, but useful. A lot of ppl associate wasd with up,down,left,right, correct? so for me seeing which direction the tip is facing is easier to glance at and tell my brain to hit the right key. Otherwise its watching the letters pass by and translating in your head which direction the letter connects to. I was failing at this mini game bc of this at fist trying to read the letters.

Daidraco

I think it is just that basic, but useful. A lot of ppl associate wasd with up,down,left,right, correct? so for me seeing which direction the tip is facing is easier to glance at and tell my brain to hit the right key. Otherwise its watching the letters pass by and translating in your head which direction the letter connects to. I was failing at this mini game bc of this at fist trying to read the letters.
It took me being sober to realize what you're saying with "Directional Reference." Sad too, cause I was really thinking...hoping?.. that it was deeper than just hit the fucking key at the exact moment, low IQ gameplay.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well,

Group finder is coming tomorrow. Get to see how broke this is. Incoming server shut down due to unexpected duping bug.

Daidraco

quick dev video showing brimstone and the greatsword
I dont know how I would approach letting all of that content out. Piecemealing it seems wrong, and I would think they would want to take that much of a revamp and addition to the game and basically do an ARR?.... But at the same time, they have an insanely bad track record of letting buggy content into the game, whether thats through their own ineptitude, or the engine or a mix of both. So yes, test the shit out of it.

Great Sword is cool, and Im sure Ill at least try it. Unlike the other weapons theyve released so far. The newbie updates 1-25 are sorely needed, so thats great. Lots of new assets and variety etc. there. The Brimstone Sands.. I just want to know more about what we'll be doing there. There is another dungeon, cool - but any raid targets? Something other than PVP we can do with our guild thats large scale? I dont even care if its just events, just something that would encourage working together with a big payoff would be cool. Especially since gearing in this game is lame af.

At the same time, the PVP changes.. really hope they gut the ever living shit out of people being able to pocket money from the town. Thats some of the most poorly thought out shit Ive ever heard of. Even Shadowbane had better ideas than that, and that game came out fucking two decades ago almost.

The only complaint I have out of all of this is.. These sound like some pretty massive updates. Would have been really fucking nice if they would have teased more of this shit along the way. This stuff takes months and months to make so they had plenty of opportunity. Instead they just let players flounder around thinking "Game failed - development almost at a standstill. I should play something else thats not going to shut down."

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The shell companies they should have definitely forsaw coming as a way to defeat their "one window of time" defense per company. But the changes they propose are definitely the right track, especially the defense needs 35-40 people from THAT company, you just cant use either scrubs from other companies or your shells. This will drastically change the way things play out unless you can field the amounts of people per shell company. Which us still definitely possible but it will limit the "core good players" jumping from war to war just to defend. I mean realistically you can have 100 players per shell company, sure, but it will always come down to the "core" which is your good players and those are alot more rare to come by. Especially your war commanders and shot callers.

Back when we owned all those prime properties between essentially 2 guilds and like 4 shells, it was always the same people in wars, usually staggered 1-2 hours between and always the same shot callers which were pretty good. Without that I cannot see the other randoms in our guilds mounting a good defense without our core and commanders being there.

It was also exhaustive and draining on the command. When we had like 2 wars sometimes in the same day, followed by 3 more defense that week, it definitwely took a toll on the command to where our leader commander and shot caller basically had enough and almost quit. We talked him out of it, but the more wars we fought the more of a strain it took on him.

Last edited:
  • 1Like