New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would that be consecutive or just a one time timer until you have dodged again? Hatchet gets a lot stronger if I can essentially hold a person in light armor down from dodging, due to constant hits.
Right? Essentially bringing back a mechanic they got rid of, but in a weak dick form.

Cybsled

Either that, or you use GA/GS to pull people in and since it counts as a melee hit, it is harder for them to get out.

Only way to fully avoid would be to iframe dodge the attack completely

Daidraco

asmongold asks the mount question recently -
Maybe thats why theyre adding/changing stuff around getting hit and being slowed? (Daze mechanic, essentially?) Cause I know the PVP spergs are going to have their panties all up in a wad over the response about the addition.

I could see them adding mounts somewhere around Brimstone release, since that would meet their arbitrary requirement for world size. The team appears to keep walking all of their heavy nerfs back, which pretty much aligns with what Warrik Warrik was saying about them aimlessly designing shit. If they would have just approached each problem with an open mind instead of taking it out back and shooting it, the game wouldnt be where it is now.

The only thing that streamers have brought to my attention through their rambling about how big the Brimstone area is going to be is that the server is still capped at what, 2000 people? 2100 on some servers? They need to address that low ass population limit if they plan on continuing to add land mass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
They already addressed and admitted to designing the game with one direction and now walking back on the majority of it in one of the dev videos. I feel like they were forced to release the game during a remodel bc if they released with what i'm playing on the ptr they'd be real winners for a minute.
1662059347720.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Im honestly impressed by the amount of people coming back to play this game. Was down below 20k for a minute and now its averaging over 30k. Not some huge gain in concurrent players, but thats pretty substantial. But as expected, now the queues are back. Most recent update from the fat lady is that theyre taking all servers from 2k to 2200. Whatever this more "permanent" update they have in the works is for Brimstone server capacity should probably hit sooner rather than later if they want to keep the momentum up.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

They added the extra 200 cap while we were in the middle of a war. It got REALLY laggy for a minute.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
I love the map dynamics of this game. one week team green had 0 and now we have 4 territories on Maramma

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, we fought two defensive wars last night against green on Maramma. First one was pretty much a farm war, but 2nd war was serious and got close at points (esp since MD fort was still all level 1 shit mostly)

There def is an ebb and flow on faction balance. It felt like Purple was on the rise but then Oregano disbanded

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Im honestly impressed by the amount of people coming back to play this game. Was down below 20k for a minute and now its averaging over 30k. Not some huge gain in concurrent players, but thats pretty substantial. But as expected, now the queues are back. Most recent update from the fat lady is that theyre taking all servers from 2k to 2200. Whatever this more "permanent" update they have in the works is for Brimstone server capacity should probably hit sooner rather than later if they want to keep the momentum up.
Another good sign

243C0DEC-BE29-4CD8-BB11-89CB423322ED.jpeg

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Yeah good shot caller is a fucking MUST for a game like this. Those are just a special breed of people. Not only do they have great awareness of whats going on in the 10,000 ft view but can also lead and come up with strategy on the fly. And that strategy usually works out. But yeah they mentioned a lockout for joining wars after you change companies. So thats coming too with these changes.
Is PRX still a thing from the ArcheAge days? I imagine those dudes would love this kind of shit

Also I'm kinda mixed feelings on this game. It was utter dogshit on release. Big potential with the RuneScape vibes that they just utterly failed in every way on launch.
How much better is it now? Is there a good rundown on changes made?

Xerge

<Donor>
Possible new arena boss, not sure though. Brimstone sands map clipped from the same video
1662670934958.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

It would be cool if the worm appeared and spawned resource nodes that required you be flagged to mine them. Would make for some cool open world combat hot points

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really hope they can bring this game back to life. Have been doing the rounds of the mmo's I generally play and it aint workin for me. Been there, done that, too many times.

We really need some new blood in the mmo space. Lost Ark was fun for a month or so, but that style of gear grind is not for me. New World definitely has the basics done right, if they can figure out an engaging (pve) endgame, I could see myself sticking around for a while.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoyed New World for the first 30+ levels. The game was a lot of fun. I did not enjoy the PvP and high level content. I think my main complaint with the high end content was that I had pretty much solo'd everything up to that point, and I didn't like needing others to keep progressing. In games like EverQuest, I like the grouping, but in New World I really saw it as a solo experience, and at the higher levels it felt like the game switched from solo to group.

All that being said, I was not unhappy with my purchase when I left the game. I still whole heartedly believe that I got my money's worth out of the game. If it had been a subscription based game or require micro transactions to actually play the game, I would have felt 100% differently about the purchase. For the cost of entry, the game was great. It just wasn't a long term game.

Hopefully new content will push it back towards the solo side. If so, I will gladly re-install it and start another character to play up.

Oh... the other thing I really did not like was the towns being downgraded because of PvP. That was super annoying. That and the guilds that would take a town hostage and jack the tax rates up to the moon.

At any rate, I would totally re-install and play New World multiple times in the future. It's a really good 1 to 30+ game. I can totally see myself deleting and re-creating new characters for years to come every so often when I get the bug to play it again.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I hope they can fix the lag/shuttering introduced from the last big patch. It is so much worse than launch in terms of performance.

Cybsled

Oh... the other thing I really did not like was the towns being downgraded because of PvP.

Towns only downgraded from lost invasions, which is pve

Pvp only downgraded the fort if the defenders lost

Tax jacking was def a thing early on, but no one really does that anymore because all the dipshits with a poor understanding of economics have been phased out due to game changes