New World

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
He might just not know you can make a campfire anywhere you want and make that your respawn point?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sounds like you are retarded

It can be both things.

Mob respawn times in some areas are fucking BANANAS. Like you kill mob A, move to mob B and mob A has respawned already while you're fighting mob B.

Hell there are multiple caves full of bears that have actual instant respawns. Like you can just stack a group in there and fight for literal ever until you can't even see for all the bear corpses anymore. There's multiple named/elites that do the same thing and they spit out massive amounts of blue/purple drops.

Then other areas have like 15+ minute elite respawns and are just stacks of 30+ people waiting for the mob to respawn for their quest. There's no consistency to any of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
On our server green is permanently branded as sweaty exploiters for having 60s first and pushing zones into war when the influence scaling wasn't well understood. On other servers, it's Cov taking the heat.

Even after they came out and said it was intentional, the damage was done. Luckily the population is dropping so hopefully the churn will bring in new people and it'll all soon be forgotten.

re: heavy armor, the void gauntlet data mining showed a new status called 'disintegrate' which lowered damage absorption on basically all the void gauntlet specials. I'm guessing it will attempt to be the counter to everyone just wearing heavy armor all the time.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weird because it's just set to spawn that fast, it's not "repeatedly chain spawning" anything, they coded it that way.
There is a named that can be forced to respawn faster than it's natural timer by having someone simply log out / in. Those people are getting temp bans apparently.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
110 hours played and still enjoying the game. I have not leveled as fast as perhaps I could have but I am 50th.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Do attributes/effects (not on-hit) from stuff like your shield still apply when you have it equipped, but not in-hand?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Chat was saying no stats from shield unless you are actively wearing S&S.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Do attributes/effects (not on-hit) from stuff like your shield still apply when you have it equipped, but not in-hand?

Took me a bit to figure that out as well, had to take it off to count as light armor. I've since seen the error of my ways, and gone full plate.

Gravel Gravel I ran into the same issue you did when using only Life staff. Killed shit so slow even putting all my points in focus. I gave up, and quest as hatchet in full plate now, and never stop moving. Don't even need the 20% damage bonus of light armor at that point! If you really want to heal, get a staff with +focus, and maybe even an alternate set of focus gear.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have to say, I vastly underestimated how even just the veneer of difference between the standard "Gather X" and "Gather Y" quests makes a HUGE fucking difference.

Killing the same mobs and looting the same chests for 30 levels straight is just god fucking awful. They should have just kept this game a PvP sandbox rather than making a Theme Park where literally every ride is the Teacups.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Took me a bit to figure that out as well, had to take it off to count as light armor. I've since seen the error of my ways, and gone full plate.

Gravel Gravel I ran into the same issue you did when using only Life staff. Killed shit so slow even putting all my points in focus. I gave up, and quest as hatchet in full plate now, and never stop moving. Don't even need the 20% damage bonus of light armor at that point! If you really want to heal, get a staff with +focus, and maybe even an alternate set of focus gear.
Did you go strength build then? I'm still all in on focus, but with hatchet amber gem.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Boars being an exploit is unfortunate. It's actually shit exp if you're not solo/duoing them, but it's nice weapon exp to zoom some weapons to level 10ish. The skinning was mostly worthless outside of skinning luck rare drops. All the BoEs were mostly trash, even the purples since purples basically just have +Durability and +Guardian/Angry Earth/Ancient damage. I was at boars last night and I was there maybe 20-30 minutes and got like 1-2 bubbles of exp at lvl 48 which is god-awful, but I was in a 5 man group with 2-4 other people there.

HOWEVER there are all sorts of not-quite instant respawn spots VERY similar that I couldn't believe are considering exploits. You can basically clear an area with an AE team or duo every 60 seconds or so then wait for respawns. It's very much the same, but slightly different. Wonder if they'd consider that exploiting or not. Again the ACTUAL exp is okay, but doing board/faction/quests in one area in a good route will yield much, much more exp per minute.

Honestly I think they keep the boars how they are and turn off their skinning drops and other drops and let people just farm weapon exp. People need a place they can go and get a new weapon skill up to a decent spot before they can continue on with the weapon. I'm not going to pull out my lvl 0 warhammer against level 52 mobs because I'll have 0 utility. And if you weapon swap on mobs it cuts the weapon xp in half and splits it.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Did you go strength build then? I'm still all in on focus, but with hatchet amber gem.

Personally I went 60/40 str/con. I figure more health means I heal more with hatchet berserker as it's % based.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Spent about an hour at boars today. Went 39-40 and maxed my skinning. Also got 4 different weapons from 1-10. Loot sucked but totally worth it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly leveling up a weapon in the wild to 10 is trivial, especially in the higher 40+ levels. Its the remaining 10 levels that are the bitch. Plus when youre in the wild you get to figure out how the shit works. Not so much at boars. I was there and after like 15 min I was bored out of my mind.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got a super awesome purple necklace from boars, and a few gathering armor pieces. That's about it. To be honest, I destroy almost everything now though. Including blues.

Ctrl + S + left click is quick salvage.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I sell all my blue and purps shit thats got decent stats but on my server im about 15-20 or so levels above the plebs. Buit believe it or not the shit sells. Everytime I log in I get like a K in gold. Shit stays in the AH for 14 days and you can have 100 items so whatever. if they sell they sell if they dont, Ill delete later. Im at my repair parts cap anyway.

Got 3 of these today, lol. I guess people farm this due for hours to get one. All I had was one piece of 3% luck (ring with 2xx 1.5% luck stats) Forman Herold, lower slag mine.
1633819935560.png

Also got this from him so if you want a nice rifle go get him he is easier to farm than the mobs down in the mine...

1633819996764.png

And other random purps like a nice heavy chest for me and random blues and greens too. Spent about 1.5 hrs down there. His spawn time is like 1-2 min and hes all alone.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like