New World

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I'm not 100% doom and gloom yet, they can still turn it around (lol). Rift is a good comparison, but picture PvPing in Rift only now it costs you 10% of your meager gold stash to repair every time you die. Making gear in your inventory break too was a god awful change from beta. So much for gathering gear sets, or other builds! This is also the main reason nobody flags anymore, it's yet another gold sink with near 0 rewards.

I'm keeping an eye on patch notes and changes, but until I see things like real fixes to the economy and gold sinks, broken perks, etc, I'll be here on the sidelines :p

Yeah, I'm upset because my oatmeal's not warm enough in the morning. /rolleyes

Let me ask you this: Is this *your* first launch, Capt. Optimism? You think if they don't think the economy is super broken, tons of bugs they don't think are happening, and all the other shit that is wrong that they are going to be able to fix it in any kind of timely manner? It's going wrong and its going wrong right now. New game goodwill will only go so far, and once people have hit max level, the clock starts to tick. With the way people are hitting max level en masse, it feels less like lots of latter-day PVE MMOs and more like WAR and RIFT. PvP will not sustain games overly long. AGS is starting out on seemingly on a poor note.

Look, I have enjoyed the game, I like the game, part of my frustration with the game is it sucks to see them squander their chance, because in two months when the new has worn off and the servers are ghost towns and they can't beg or borrow players, everyone at AGS will wonder WTF happened.

Maybe I am wrong and things are just fine. Maybe that's not the clock ticking and just bongos. Here's to a hale and fine game, then.

I personally don't think NW is remotely comparable to RIFT. RIFT launch remains as one of the smoothest. It's a well define PvE focus MMO, comes with 10 dungeons (standard AND expert mode for max level). And guess what, It also has raid at launch. WAR at launch has open world RvR, sure it had performance issue but damn that was fun with clear objective and impact to the game world

On the other hand, what does NW currently offer? Let's see... there is this so call 'open world PvP' which has zero impact to the game world. You literally run around and fight for no particular reason but pvp quest. Settlement siege has population cap, and kinda guild-only, most player won't be able to participate. Outpost rush? What outpost rush! Oh let's not forget those half ass last-minute PvE contents which some of them didn't even work.

It's worse the ESO at launch in term of available content. You tried to please everyone, now no one is happy.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No patch today? I thought they would be doing bug fixes every week until they ironed most of them out. I guess even that is slowing down.
Patch is usually on Wednesday. Im hoping its more than "Fixed a display bug" that matters to the same amounts of the population as Void Ore drop percentage. Its been three days since Ive been able to sign up for invasions or wars. Really hoping a server restart fixes it cause my gold intake has been struggling something fierce without them.

Have any of you sweaty nerds finished a void bent set?
They should just force pvp at high level zones. The amount of back and forth training mobs at orichalcum veins is ludicrous , and with full mining luck gear and a trophy not a single void ore here.
I think Lumi could have finished a suit three times over, but he keeps selling all the materials lol. Probably smart, considering the price of them is all over the place. I finished up armoring this morning - bad storms keep interrupting my play time unless I play at the office, which is only asking for an argument at the house. I guess AEP gives fuck all about burying the infrastructure in my small city.

I still have to get smelting up to 200, but so thankful to have armoring, weaving, and leather working, all 200. Ill work on Weapon Smithing a bit and that should passively level up smelting to 200. Been making my daily mats from the two 200 refineries I have and stock piling them up to where I need them before I start selling the extras. I dont necessarily care about the market all that much and if I buy any of it instead of making it for myself, I feel like it may knock the legs out from under the game for me.

If they havent put out a good content update by the time I get bored of the current content, at least Ill be in a spot where I can come back into it with guns blazing.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
He must have hit 175 mining earlier. Atleast on my server every ori node is a shitshow now. Still a few out of the way nodes I need to check but won’t be surprised if there is some bot there.
this stuff really isn’t worth the price it’s selling for, I think if I get one to drop I’ll just sell it too

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had this pre-ordered since it was first available. However as it is now I'm more happy with my choice to cancel before release. As I'm not big on pvp anymore this doesn't hold much appeal. I really wish they hadn't pushed back Lost Ark.
Dont let anyone here fool you, the pvp in this game is very bare and luckluster.

A war lasts less than 8 to 10 mins, and since your entire inventory takes a durability hit on death, no one runs around flagged anyways for open world pvp. The only way people run around flagged is if they are lvl 50+ running around the newbie zone, or have a group of 5-10 of them roaming around.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Dont let anyone here fool you, the pvp in this game is very bare and luckluster.

A war lasts less than 8 to 10 mins, and since your entire inventory takes a durability hit on death, no one runs around flagged anyways for open world pvp. The only way people run around flagged is if they are lvl 50+ running around the newbie zone, or have a group of 5-10 of them roaming around.
For the last several pages, people have been saying how the rewards for PVP suck and some PVP features are outright turned off. Where was anyone trying to fool him? lol tf?

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is no reason to run around flagged. Like you said you take a huge durability hit to all of your shit, even in inventory, and there is no incentive to do so. Only reason to run flagged is to try and flip the territory, and you get into some juicy fights that way. We run all of our elite farms flagged so their other factions dont just leech off of us like they have been doing. Like 5 of them show up, follow us and get elite chests and orc veins while were fighting shit. Which is BS. At least when were flagged they dont get our heals and sometimes they die when we pull mobs to them.

Wars ARE laggy as fuck on the points, but there are some good ones. Our faction attacked winsward last night and we were a cunt hair from taking it. Literally 3 ticks on their flag is all we needed but then they rushed all of their team to the point to stop it with literally SECONDS left on the clock. Were talking a fully upgraded fort with all the bells and whistles and the best of the best of the biggest purple company on the server, and they were probably sweating their balls off. Were talking a city that pulls in 100K a week taxes for them, lol.

But our company were not in control of that war and we needed more melee, they put in too many bow and mage type dudes that dont serve too much purpose in capturing points. Not saying they are useless just too many of them. They were also not musketting the siege guys off their cannons and we were getting knocked around too much by them. Bows are not hit scan like muskets so they are useless in a laggy ass war. In our wars we dont even set up sieges for the points, we have the siege team just concentrate on keeping the cannons from firing by knocking them off with muskets. Then when were inside the fort is when we set up sieges for the point.

And lets face it the defense had a good strat too. They ran basically everyone with a hammer, even their healers and shit. They had those points on stun lock down 24/7 when you couple this with the cannon fire which knock you around as well, it was even hard to get close to the points.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wars are only 8-9 minutes if you win it that fast which at this point is basically impossible. It's going the full 30 minutes more often than not.

Open World PVP is definitely lackluster except for contesting territory. No point in doing it outside of maybe easy weapon exp in a zerg or getting badges for the mostly overpriced PVP gear.

PVP is best in small scale 5v5 or 10v10 shit and Outpost Rush being in such a sad and/or non-existent state is probably what will cause the downfall of this game if anything. It's apparently very fun and enjoyable, but it just doesn't exist. Having something making up for a lot of the bad shit and having it dangled just out of reach nonstop will cause a lot of the casual and borderline players to just leave.

This game will be great, probably even amazing in 3 months. The problem is if the fall off of players is so huge that Amazon just decides to cut the cord rather than invest more time and money trying to make a better product. Luckily the box cost helps give them something because if this was F2P at start I think it'd be over for them. With the already-paid system there's nothing stopping people who hit 60 from just logging back on in a few weeks if they do a content drop or something. Then if that WORKS and is fun, people may buy dumb skins and shit and they'll be incentivized to keep working on the game rather than just trashing it like a tech demo.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yup small scale is awesome. They _really_ need some forced PvP areas with incentives for being there. Also remove the fucking tents or make them destructible if placed by someone that is flagged, thanks.

• 1Like

Cybsled

ut our company were not in control of that war and we needed more melee, they put in too many bow and mage type dudes that dont serve too much purpose in capturing points. Not saying they are useless just too many of them. They were also not musketting the siege guys off their cannons and we were getting knocked around too much by them. Bows are not hit scan like muskets so they are useless in a laggy ass war. In our wars we dont even set up sieges for the points, we have the siege team just concentrate on keeping the cannons from firing by knocking them off with muskets. Then when were inside the fort is when we set up sieges for the point.

I’ve been a siege gunner in a ton of wars and I’ve come to a few conclusions

1) Best time to knock out defense siege is at the start. There isn’t enough repair components to fix the emplacements that early. Conversely, best time to knock out attacker siege is at start, because they won’t be able to afford the 50 siege credits for a while

2) Defense best strat to counter enemy siege is have a dedicated harassment squad flank from behind to wipe the siege, while you have wall folks targeting gunners. A lot of companies put their shitty gear or low level folks on siege. If you can keep up pressure you can basically neutralize attacker siege

3) Attacker best strat is to focus fire defense turrets at start in key positions- you can basically get free and easy emplacement kills, which makes point pushing easier. Also, I’ve lost count of defenders who once they lose a point pretty much ignore the siege hard points there and go to support the other points. I’ve been able to go over to those points, plop down a level 1 cannon, and wipe out all the defenses with no effort. This is key for when you do take all the gates, because now they have no external defenses and you can setup your point support siege like fire cannons and repeaters more easily

• 1Like

Malakriss

Having an issue on our server where some previously banned exploiters are now deliberately training people in Myrkgard and customer service is non-existent. Free reign, go nuts maybe an intern will read reports next week.

• 1Like

YHO

Trakanon Raider
they need to get outpost rush up and
I am avoiding any gold expenditures as much as possible while raising skills to 200. Once you finish collecting full +2 craft pieces and T5 recipes then the busy work runs out.

The more they fix watermark activities the faster people hit a brick wall. Craft or grind for Diablo loot looking for right affixes so you can get 600 and... use it on what? for what?

They need to get Outpost Rush running ASAP
for this purpose…amongst others.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I’ve been a siege gunner in a ton of wars and I’ve come to a few conclusions

1) Best time to knock out defense siege is at the start. There isn’t enough repair components to fix the emplacements that early. Conversely, best time to knock out attacker siege is at start, because they won’t be able to afford the 50 siege credits for a while

2) Defense best strat to counter enemy siege is have a dedicated harassment squad flank from behind to wipe the siege, while you have wall folks targeting gunners. A lot of companies put their shitty gear or low level folks on siege. If you can keep up pressure you can basically neutralize attacker siege

3) Attacker best strat is to focus fire defense turrets at start in key positions- you can basically get free and easy emplacement kills, which makes point pushing easier. Also, I’ve lost count of defenders who once they lose a point pretty much ignore the siege hard points there and go to support the other points. I’ve been able to go over to those points, plop down a level 1 cannon, and wipe out all the defenses with no effort. This is key for when you do take all the gates, because now they have no external defenses and you can setup your point support siege like fire cannons and repeaters more easily
Watching Noble Giraffe on twitch for Syndicate side wars on vingolf, it seems like the meta strategy for purple attacking is:

1. Everyone spams AoEs and stands motionless, desynced on the flag.
2. Yell "GET ON THE POINT, GET ON THE POINT" and die.
3. Tell everyone to regroup, but then don't regroup.
4. Change to a new point while yelling vague commands to nobody in particular then complain about the other team's dps when you die alone on the point with one other healer.
5. Repeat for 30 minutes.

It's riveting gameplay. I especially like that taking objectives doesn't change the timer, so once you're past a certain time, it doesn't even make sense to play anymore.

Hopefully now that we're all in a 'real' company, we'll start to see some better play from purple.

Cybsled

Having an issue on our server where some previously banned exploiters are now deliberately training people in Myrkgard and customer service is non-existent. Free reign, go nuts maybe an intern will read reports next week.

Trains in Myrkgard are EQ1 level. Except this time I don't have feign death and have to find the safe spot in the environment to get them to avoid me.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I think Lumi could have finished a suit three times over, but he keeps selling all the materials lol. Probably smart, considering the price of them is all over the place. I finished up armoring this morning - bad storms keep interrupting my play time unless I play at the office, which is only asking for an argument at the house. I guess AEP gives fuck all about burying the infrastructure in my small city.
I'm actually only like 115 mining. I just happened to find the void ore on market for 2500g and flipped it hehe.

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
lol if real:

138ae0d99b6b4cc993ae635536ee15f87b1e5e1f_2_1035x405.png

And no patch today. Conspiracy Theory time: Amazon is killing New World on purpose, they can make more money using the servers to sell cloud services, and they already got the box sales. Seriously, has anyone here spent a dime in the shop? lol

EDIT:: CS rep was talking out of his ass. Happens a lot when you outsource this shit lol. Apparently this is not true.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That'd be some next level retarded design. So essentially it'd be better to just forgo the entire invasion and eat a tiny repair cost.

• 1Truth!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
ROFLMAO

At this point I'm convinced, utterly, this whole charade was a vehicle to market their servers and game engine (both are excellent to be fair) to other, real game developers. Actually, it's ingenious if you think about it - make a game and sell 1 million copies at $40, not giving two shites if anyone is playing in 6 months but allowing you to showcase your engine and server stability on a large scale.

Good for them, now release Lost Ark so I can have something to play ffs.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users