New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
It seems to be a pretty unique issue. I've seen some forum posts about npc voiceovers not working or other corrupted audio issues, but I've never seen a proposed fix beyond the recommendation to check file integrity. Seems like all of those posts get the token greeting from a cs rep and then no follow up.
>> With game closed, open windows settings >> System >> Sound >> Scroll to bottom in right pane and goto 'App volume and device preferences'
>> Launch game
>> New world will appear in app list >> Make sure Output and Input are set to default and volume is not muted/low.

I just retyped this solution because it was poorly explained. May not help at all.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Aka

1) I want to kill bots mining an oracalcum node...which will go extinct because the profits wont be there
2) I want to gank unsuspecting people where I am given a massive advantage because I attacked first
Alternatively I like risk/reward gameplay and are subject to the exact same rules in reverse.
Deeeeerrrrpppp

skylan

Trakanon Raider
>> With game closed, open windows settings >> System >> Sound >> Scroll to bottom in right pane and goto 'App volume and device preferences'
>> Launch game
>> New world will appear in app list >> Make sure Output and Input are set to default and volume is not muted/low.

I just retyped this solution because it was poorly explained. May not help at all.

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked it out and it looks like they had a problem with no sound at all. I'm in an odd spot with partial sound. Kind of like if you were listening to a band and they removed the drums, main guitar, and non-chorus lyrics and you're left with a keyboard bass guitar and the chorus lyrics. Maybe a bad example but that's the best I can explain it. It just sounds completely wrong. I'll give it a shot though and screw around with the app volume and device preferences, maybe something will reset.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a server most are on here? Wanna come back to the game, mostly to try the blunderbuss, but I quit ages ago and everyone I was playing with did as well, and when I logged in it’s forcing me to choose a new server for my char.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
RDT_20221202_1002392550324768491135187.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow,

Summer time for Transmog. That seems a ways away.
I came back and played through all the current content. I liked the new zone, but the gearing makes me apathetic towards the Mythic + type shit. Maybe Summer's raid stuff will be more interesting. Though I have no fucking idea how theyre going to make that work with people wearing legendary quality 625 pieces with perfect perks. Another Item lvl rise? So.. seasons for Mythic+ then? So why raid? idk.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am just playing to finish some stuff off and then get around 400k Gold. Can take a break at that point and just come back later.

Cybsled

Wow,

Summer time for Transmog. That seems a ways away.

Why they didn't bake in a more comprehensive transmog system from the getgo, I have no idea. I know they envisioned selling skins, but I have to imagine they could have sold some FF14 style "glamour prisms" and used that to allow players to make transmog from existing armor wearable in the game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why they didn't bake in a more comprehensive transmog system from the getgo, I have no idea. I know they envisioned selling skins, but I have to imagine they could have sold some FF14 style "glamour prisms" and used that to allow players to make transmog from existing armor wearable in the game.
Because just like 90% of mmorpgs released in the last 10 yrs this game was not near finished when released.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

New update is out. Biggest change is the changes to war in an effort to get rid of shell company holdings. For example, We’re going to have to let Reekwater and Ebonscale go and just focus on holding our other 2 lands. I suspect most mega companies will be able to float 2 war rosters, but most will find it hard to go past 1.

Daidraco

New update is out. Biggest change is the changes to war in an effort to get rid of shell company holdings. For example, We’re going to have to let Reekwater and Ebonscale go and just focus on holding our other 2 lands. I suspect most mega companies will be able to float 2 war rosters, but most will find it hard to go past 1.

SHELL COMPANY MITIGATION​

We will implement the following changes to make shell Companies less effective at owning multiple territories:

• Daily War Limit
    • Players will have a limit of 1 defensive War and 1 attacking War per world (resets daily at 5AM server time). These limits will apply to both even if you have two different characters in the same world.
  • War Roster Restrictions
    • Participating Companies will have a limited number of Mercenaries they can recruit.
      • Attacking Companies: Up to 25 mercenaries.
      • Defending Companies: Up to 10 mercenaries.
      • The remaining slots are reserved for their Company members.
  • Company Switching Cooldowns
    • When leaving a Company, players will start a 72 hour cooldown on fighting in a defensive War and earning Influence for any Company toward War declaration eligibility. The cooldown begins once a player leaves. Any Influence earned will still count towards the player’s Faction.
  • Server Transfer Cooldowns
    • We have increased the cooldown on all server transfers from 3 to 30 days

They should have had the attrition in from the very start. How many people have been saying this exact shit since... hell probably before I came around in Open Beta. Glad its done, however.

Cybsled

It's a new mutation that is a Starstone/Amarine mashup. Basically it starts as Starstone, then you do parts of Amarine, then back to Starstone. It's pretty good, although some of the spawns are mixed lost + ancients, so ward gear will only be half effective in a couple spots.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keeping it real as always..

Greeting Adventurers,

Today our internal data alarms detected a Trading Post exploit, involving manipulating specific contracts in an error state. We have a fix for this issue in testing. Although only a small number of players attempted this, out of an abundance of caution and to avoid any potential economy impact, we are temporarily disabling the Trading Post and player to player trading and will re-enable when the testing is complete and we can deploy the change.
As a reminder, any player taking advantage of exploits will be penalized for violating our Code of Conduct.
Thank you for your understanding.

Daidraco

Keeping it real as always..

Greeting Adventurers,

Today our internal data alarms detected a Trading Post exploit, involving manipulating specific contracts in an error state. We have a fix for this issue in testing. Although only a small number of players attempted this, out of an abundance of caution and to avoid any potential economy impact, we are temporarily disabling the Trading Post and player to player trading and will re-enable when the testing is complete and we can deploy the change.
As a reminder, any player taking advantage of exploits will be penalized for violating our Code of Conduct.
Thank you for your understanding.
Just not surprised with how their game client works. But I do give them props for disabling the market as soon as they are aware of the issue, etc. The only upsetting part about this is.. if they are just putting up a "front" about their internal alarms and this has been going on for a while (which Im sure a lot of people will believe, regardless.) then it means those fresh servers "may" have not been a great idea for some people after all.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just not surprised with how their game client works. But I do give them props for disabling the market as soon as they are aware of the issue, etc. The only upsetting part about this is.. if they are just putting up a "front" about their internal alarms and this has been going on for a while (which Im sure a lot of people will believe, regardless.) then it means those fresh servers "may" have not been a great idea for some people after all.
I am betting this originated on those servers. Also, they claim to already have had a fix for this being tested and yet they still have not fixed it.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Nevermind. Just watched a video to check out what's been going on and folks are talking about needing to change armor sets often. Screw that. I hate when games make you walk around with multiple outfits, or store multiple outfits. It just gets tedious to me.

Last edited: