New York City

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is there a sweet sweet pay as you go wireless data plan I can get for the week I'm in NYC?

Oh the beauty of having an unlocked phone.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
You can get yourself a cheapass flip phone with boost mobile. I think it has daily rates lol.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
For some reason you left flushing off the list no trip to New York is complete until you spend the weekend fucking around in flushing

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I saw an IRL gaggle of jewish ladies gossiping in hebrew(?) on the subway.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
In addition to Ippudo, Totto Ramen is also a great noodle shop.

If you enjoy stand-up comedy, you really should check out the Comedy Cellar. I go there every time I'm in NY. They have a surprise guest comedian every night and it's almost always a big name. Once it was Chris Rock. The most recent time I went it was Aziz Ansari. It's also cheap. Tickets are only $12 and there is a two drink minimum but beers are very reasonably priced - $5 I think. Reservations are necessary but one night beforehand is really all you need to do.
Just got back from the Comedy Cellar. Sarah Silverman showed up for a quick run of her new materials
smile.png

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Get Shake Shack if no one has mentioned it yet. The line sucks, but you won't regret the indigestion.

Cybsled

The best one is where they basically decide to hang the guy ;p "GET A ROPE!"

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
New York Achievement Unlocked.

Best things:
WD 50 tasting menus
Ramen in my mouth
Book of Mormon
Comedy Cellar
Secret burger joints
Weapons and armor exhibits at the met
Subway mastery
Bagels
Reputable street meat (the halal guys)
Ben's pizzeria while drunk

Worst things:
Times square (after you've seen it once)
Hobos peeing out in the open
Shady street meat

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You've never really experienced a bagel until you've had a real, honest New York bagel.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
North Jersey and NYC have the best bagels in the country. Every where else aren't bagels; they're bread with holes in them.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
bagel shops, i believe owners come in at 4am, start cooking at 5, open at 6. you can literally smell the different type of yeast as you walk down the blocks in brooklyn.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I feel like 'shady street meat' should be in the "Pros" column.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My wife's parents are flying to NYC from Japan for 4 days at the end of July. I've been there maybe a dozen or two times in my life, but I don't know that much of the city.

While ignoring the generic tourist shit like Statue of Liberty & Times Square, what would you suggest doing over a 4 day visit?

We'll probably check out a few museums, but what else is worth doing?