NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am really looking forward to the Chargers Cowboys game . Lots of Cowboys fans around here.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I am really looking forward to the Chargers Cowboys game . Lots of Cowboys fans around here.
It's the first preseason game of the year, the only people that give a shit about preseason week 1 only care because they want to see the depth/rookies hoping they show promise. They could be going against the Jags week 1 nothing would change, the only game that holds any actual meaning is week 3 in preseason.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
So as a Cowboys fan how do you feel about how the Eagles are looking this year?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I keep hearing this top 3 or top 5 talk about him, and I'm curious as to what your list of top tackles actually looks like.

Maybe it's just because I don't even know how you can compare tackles to eachother, but I find stuff like that ridiculous to throw out.

I'm not saying it's a bad contract at all, either, so please don't mistake it for that. I'm firmly a believer that football is still all about the trenches. Get yourself an offensive line is above average and you'll find your QB all the sudden looking infinitely better, and the run game suddenly opens up. And then on top of that, your offense can sustain drives which causes your defense to get better. I hate big contracts for skill position players where you can plug anyone who knows how to run a route into the scheme and succeed.
There are sites like Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus that grade tackles for everything from sacks, run blocking efficiency, pass blocking efficiency, penalties (holding, false starts) etc. Tyron grades at elite level in both pass and run blocking, and doesn't commit penalties. He's also only 23, and has yet to reach his prime - which means he can get even better.

As for those better than him at this time, I'd say Joe Thomas and Jason Peters. He's right in the mix with Joe Staley and Trent Williams. But again, he's much younger than all of these players.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
"And that type of confidence with the kind of feeling they have about this offense, and what coach [Marc] Trestman is doing, is just incredible. With the diversity of your offense, you feel good about your opportunities."

Criticized in the past for surliness, heated on-field exchanges with teammates and coaches, not to mention the perception he's aloof, Cutler has turned heads at training camp for what he's done on the field as a passer while also receiving praise for becoming more of a leader off the field.

Quarterbacks coach Matt Cavanaugh recently said Cutler "does things that will never, ever get reported, and you just say, 'Wow, that's unselfish.'"

What's different about Cutler?

"Everything," Marshall said. "It's night and day. He's a totally different person. He's a totally different athlete. He's the first one in the building and that sucks because I've tried to be the first one in the building. He's there at like 5 a.m. He lives it. I think he has great balance in his life now with his personal stuff. I won't go there. He hates when people go there."

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Marshall knows all about great QB play, as he's worked with some of the true titans of the position - Chade Henne, Kyle Orton, Matt Moore. Just a few of the behemoths of the pigskin to throw to Marshall.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To knock some bitch out cold like he did while dragging her around on the floor for awhile isn't exactly the same as an angry backhand to the face. And from the pictures, it doesn't look like she's some 90lb ex cheerleader.

Edit: Also, that Patrick Peterson deal is insane. 5 years 70 million 48 million guaranteed for a fucking corner that isnt on offense or returning kicks now? Richard Sherman's reaction would have been priceless. 48 vs 12 million guaranteed, apparently Sherman is already crying and tweeting shit lol
The rumor going around, at least locally, was that she struck out at him in the elevator and he pushed her away, but by doing so, she fell into the handrail (or whatever you call those wood beams) of the elevator and fell unconscious.

I really don't care, because unless I see the "other tape", the stated to facts point otherwise.

BTW he will be addressing the media after practice today. That should be a shit show.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think people are outraged over how the whole thing was handled just as much. Interviewing her with him and making her apologize in public. Just the whole thing seems custom built to piss people off. Not sure they could have done a better job of it if they tried.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I'm kind of surprised that they went with the victim blaming approach. If it really is as harmless as he pushed her, she tripped over her giant heels and knocked herself out then it isn't quite as malicious as most would think. If he closed his fist there is really no excuse, though.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Also when do you think the Skins will bea force to reckon with?

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The suckers on ESPN radio were talking up the Redskins on Tuesday as if they were ever going to do anything.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Since they're running the Jay Gruden offense depends on if they can convert 3rd and 6 after his run, run, pass playbook