NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How big a roster can teams carry into the HoF game? 300? More?
I want to say it's up to like 92 or some shit now?

As far as RG3 "getting it" I think you really have to give all the QB's in that class another year to prove it. RG3 absolutely fucking tore it up his rookie year. I mean, he had one of the best completion percentages and lowest turnover ratios ever. Then he fell back to earth last year. Luck, Tannehill and Wilson all still need to prove themselves this year (although Wilson no one probably cares about anymore since he already has his Championship and can probably retire happily).

Cam's rookie year he looked amazing, but then he kind of sucked the 2nd. Now he's sort of making quite the comeback. You really just need more than 2 seasons to be able to evaluate these guys.

Kaep for instance, I'll totally be eating crow if he takes them to another NFC Championship. I can chalk up the last two times as either his team carrying him, or just outright luck. A 3rd time though, and I've gotta give credit where it's due.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This year is going to be very telling for Kaepernick. His defense is not going to be as good as last year and he has more weapons on offense than he has ever had before. The offense should be awesome and if it's not then Kaep is probably going to be to blame.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Cam has been pretty consistent all along. The numbers back that up. It's just, his second year, they lost a ton of games. That certainly shades perception.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Eric Berry carted off the practice field this morning at Chiefs training camp. No word yet other than "lower leg injury"

Lovely. He's basically the only decent player left in our secondary. The Chiefs might be really bad this year in pass defense, which is great considering we only have to play Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning a combined 4 times. Fuck

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
According to /r/nfl every Chiefs player gets "carted off" because the training facility is up a hill. Apparently Barry walked off the field on his own strength with weight on both legs and just hopped in the cart to get a ride to the facility.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Eric Berry carted off the practice field this morning at Chiefs training camp. No word yet other than "lower leg injury"

Lovely. He's basically the only decent player left in our secondary. The Chiefs might be really bad this year in pass defense, which is great considering we only have to play Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning a combined 4 times. Fuck
Ouch. Though I really want to go to one of the Chargers games there. Everyone I work with are Patriots fans though so might come up for the Patriots game.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Kaep for instance, I'll totally be eating crow if he takes them to another NFC Championship. I can chalk up the last two times as either his team carrying him, or just outright luck. A 3rd time though, and I've gotta give credit where it's due.
It's all luck. Only way to explain a 3-1 road playoff record.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
A great team will carry and average QB pretty far.
A great QB will carry an average team pretty far.

eli-manning-superbowl.gi.top.jpg

eli-manning-super-bowl-stats-new-york-giants.jpg

sebur

Bronze Squire

Rivers matters?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He passes the ball for a fuck load of yards. If your team sucks at defending that then yes he matters.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The water I figured was a gay thing or something.

But I fucking laughed hard when I scrolled down to the bags on their heads picture. What the fuck?