NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Jx3

Riddle me this...
rrr_img_69862.jpg

Gravy

Bronze Squire
The NFL agreed Wednesday to remove a $675 million cap on damages from thousands of concussion-related claims after a federal judge questioned whether there would be enough money to cover as many as 20,000 retired players.

A revised settlement agreement filed in federal court in Philadelphia also eliminates a provision that barred anyone who gets concussion damages from the NFL from suing the NCAA or other amateur football leagues.
I think this is good news, but still likely to favor the NFL over the players. I'm also curious how the NCAA got the better of this deal?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
They're not getting the better of it, really. Anyone that played college football, but not in the NFL can still sue the NCAA. They're just keeping the NFL players from collecting twice. The NCAA still has a much larger pool of people that played for them that never played a snap in the NFL.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The team with a QB that rapes girls is number 1? Riiiiight.

Cowboys should be number 1 most likable and number 1 most dislikable.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Typical fox news article, attacking Native Americans because they want a racist name changed. You should be ashamed for linking that.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I find the Bengals to be offensive to endangered species. Plus their helmets just make me think of Tony the Tiger.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the goal has been to remove Native American names from all sports, and they just started with the Redskins as they're the low-hanging fruit. I don't expect this to end anytime soon. It may be all the more reason for the Redskins to keep the name.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the goal has been to remove Native American names from all sports, and they just started with the Redskins as they're the low-hanging fruit. I don't expect this to end anytime soon. It may be all the more reason for the Redskins to keep the name.
If the Redskins cave it will have a domino effect to other teams in all sports that use an Indian name, imho. If the NFL caves the other leagues won't be able to stand up to the pressure.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I read a different article today on the same subject. It's odd to me that Amanda Blackhorse, the Navajo woman who has been spear-heading (hah) this thing says the the majority of Native Americans feel the same way she does, yet the complaint to the Patent and Trademark office lists only five (5) plaintiffs.