NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So...I'm still of the mind that it's dumb as fuck to not go for 2 after that TD. Why not see if you will succeed on it right away, so you'd know if you're able to recover an onside kick if you can just tie with another TD and XP or need yet another possession.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have to think they learned their lesson a little bit to calm it down this early, knowing those Pats went 18-0 and had a lead with 5 minutes to go in the Super Bowl only to blow the whole thing.
Nothing will be as bad as hearing about the 72 Dolphins for the entire Patriots run starting from when they were like 4-0.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm not doubling down on anything. At first I thought it was intentional. The second angle (which I thought was a different play) shows him jumping to avoid getting his legs wrecked. After playing football in high school and college as well as 15 years of rugby through college and adult life, I have dived over my fair share of piles. I also think the intentional knee to the helmet as well as the body slam are more egregious.
Knee to the helmet is more egregious than a dolphin dive into the face (oh wait, I mean "protecting his legs" into the face)... lolol

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Finally some time off of work:

Antonio Brown is the best WR in the league.
My Boy(tm) Alex Smith has thrown 4 interceptions all year and the Chiefs may never lose another game.
I'm done selecting RBs in round 1 of FF drafts. Why am I wasting this pick on a player that has an 80% chance of blowing out his ACL within 4-6 games? Nobody knows.
San Diego has absolutely no business having an NFL team. They might as well be playing their home games at a neutral location. Absolutely embarrassing.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So...I'm still of the mind that it's dumb as fuck to not go for 2 after that TD. Why not see if you will succeed on it right away, so you'd know if you're able to recover an onside kick if you can just tie with another TD and XP or need yet another possession.
I agree. Especially when you're playing for nothing but pride. I would have liked to have seen them get the two there, recover the onside kick, score a touchdown and go for 2 again to either win or lose the game because fuck overtime in a meaningless game, except its actually beneficial if you lose.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Cowboys fan checking in. I was in the boon docks this weekend and only caught the last 10 minutes of the game. Has the Kellen Moore era begun in Dallas? Announcers didn't say what happened to cassel.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Cassell fell down and tried to throw the ball away but threw it to Revis instead. A couple drives later, instead of taking a sack for like, a couple yards loss, he tucked and ran back 19 yards. The next drive Moore was in.

Moore wasn't conceivably better on the stat sheet but he did seem like he knew the offense better and he pulled a couple of Romo-esque escapes. Right now he's the greatest Left Handed QB in Cowboys history, so there's that.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Finally some time off of work:

Antonio Brown is the best WR in the league.
My Boy(tm) Alex Smith has thrown 4 interceptions all year and the Chiefs may never lose another game.
I'm done selecting RBs in round 1 of FF drafts. Why am I wasting this pick on a player that has an 80% chance of blowing out his ACL within 4-6 games? Nobody knows.
San Diego has absolutely no business having an NFL team. They might as well be playing their home games at a neutral location. Absolutely embarrassing.
Yeah it was nice to see Floyd getting a goodbye and saluting the 5 Charger fans in attendance. Also Rivers, Weddle, and Gates getting a bit of a last hurrah in San Diego probably.

At this point I kind of hope they move. Fuck you San Diego for always rooting for the other team.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree. Especially when you're playing for nothing but pride. I would have liked to have seen them get the two there, recover the onside kick, score a touchdown and go for 2 again to either win or lose the game because fuck overtime in a meaningless game, except its actually beneficial if you lose.
All of that, but also just from a time factor. If you wait till the end to go for 2 and don't succeed, you've left yourself no time (or less time) to try and recover another onside kick and get in field goal range.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Moore is a natural southpaw.
Yeah nothing fucks up an offense like switching to a lefty in the middle of the season. Vick would have been much better QB if he was a righty. It fucks with rollout protection and HB handoffs way too much.