NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ha saw this on reddit. It really does show how overrated "winning the offeseason" actually is

CdIKZo2W4AAirKn.jpg:large

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Skins haven't "won the offseason" in awhile now. Give it another couple years and we'll fall out of that list.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
49ers resigned Ian Williams, which is good, but it looks like we're letting Boone walk to the Vikings.

I don't understand letting Boone go, especially since our O-Line was fucking horrid and easily our largest weakness outside of coaching. While I think Boone's production was down a bit this year (not 100% on this, but I think I remember the numbers being somewhat mediocre on last check of PFF), he's a hell of a lot better than what we're left with.
Boone is such an awesome signing for the Vikings. Osemele was obviously the preference, but I can understand them not wanting to match that deal the Raiders gave him. Boone is a pretty nice consolation prize.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Giants get Jenkins and are going after Vernon, Sanu, Damon Harrison, and a Guard from somewhere. Should be an interesting day.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ha saw this on reddit. It really does show how overrated "winning the offeseason" actually is

CdIKZo2W4AAirKn.jpg:large
Except the part where 50% of Denver's cap money spent was on FA signings and they won the SB. FAs aren't going to make shit organizations good but it can help teams who have a solid foundation better.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
49ers resigned Ian Williams, which is good, but it looks like we're letting Boone walk to the Vikings.

I don't understand letting Boone go, especially since our O-Line was fucking horrid and easily our largest weakness outside of coaching. While I think Boone's production was down a bit this year (not 100% on this, but I think I remember the numbers being somewhat mediocre on last check of PFF), he's a hell of a lot better than what we're left with.
Yeah, it looked like we already knew that was going to happen, but I am pretty bummed it did. The guy was great a couple years ago, and sure he had a down year, but he was still quite solid.

49ers are fucking up already. Can't wait until they lose out on Sean Smith as well.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not really, the trade was good for both teams.
there is nothing good about those players man. I just watched them for a season. One will be hurt and the other will be dragged down the field on a WR's back.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I am going to be so pissed if Kaepernick goes to Denver and wins a superbowl. They have already proven that they can win without a quarterback.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
so just $3m more per year than the reported Denver offer of 3yr/$45m. Great pickup.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Forte to Jets, didn't really see that one. Curious what Denver plans now and how much will it cost them.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well, to counteract the signings today, the Texans just lost their second starting offensive linemen in as many days...

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Quite obvious now that the Texans are gonna go O-Line in the 1st round. Hopefully they can trade back and get more picks to fill in the holes that Brooks and Jones left behind and possibly Duane Brown.