NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Chris Ivory to the Jags.

Bruce Irvin to the Raiders. Raiders doing quite well so far. Khalil Mack and Bruce Irvin could be a pretty nasty duo for them.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i read on mmqb that the Raiders have to spend 160 million to meet the spending cap MINIMUM set by the CBA for the 4 year minimum of 89% of the cap,

jaguars are 80 million under the cap.

80 million can get you ~1/2 of a completely new offense(if not needing a QB) or defense build. OR it could give you ~10-15 "middle" players- the guys that get ~2-8 million a year- build Depth for when you need replacements.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Miami in firm position to take that off-season trophy again, now that the Maxwell/Alonso trade all but confirmed.

Fuck my life.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Marvin Jones to Detroit at reported 8m/yr. At that price I wished the Bengals would have matched.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Marvin Jones to Detroit at reported 8m/yr. At that price I wished the Bengals would have matched.
Yeah, that's a pretty big bummer. We'll have to pick up a FA or draft high for a receiver now. I expected us to pick a WR in the first round anyway. I have no idea if any receivers are worth a first round pick though.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Its a pretty meh WR class this year. At least at the top I don't know about the depth of it.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Dallas resigns RoMac for one year. If he can avoid getting suspended, that's a good keep, when he's on his game him and Lee are killer.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
49ers resigned Ian Williams, which is good, but it looks like we're letting Boone walk to the Vikings.

I don't understand letting Boone go, especially since our O-Line was fucking horrid and easily our largest weakness outside of coaching. While I think Boone's production was down a bit this year (not 100% on this, but I think I remember the numbers being somewhat mediocre on last check of PFF), he's a hell of a lot better than what we're left with.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eagles signed Chase Daniels, hopefully that means they cut butt fumble.

The Murray deal was a 4th round pick swap. Titans had 2nd pick in the 4th so we swapped to that..

I'm really liking what we have done so far.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eagles signed Chase Daniels, hopefully that means they cut butt fumble.

The Murray deal was a 4th round pick swap. Titans had 2nd pick in the 4th so we swapped to that..

I'm really liking what we have done so far.
Just raping people in trades getting dumb teams to let you guys off the hook for a couple shitty deals. Great job by you guys, pisses me the hell off though. Depending how you draft, might still have trouble filling holes this year but these deals help cut fat and allow you to rebuild faster.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just raping people in trades getting dumb teams to let you guys off the hook for a couple shitty deals. Great job by you guys, pisses me the hell off though. Depending how you draft, might still have trouble filling holes this year but these deals help cut fat and allow you to rebuild faster.
Yea, Our first pick will be interesting now. They moved up for a reason but I doubt it's b/c they hope a QB falls. My guess is they hope top 2 Oline or DB is there. One should be for sure

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I look forward to wasting another first round pick on a RB. Go Chargers!

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that's a pretty big bummer. We'll have to pick up a FA or draft high for a receiver now. I expected us to pick a WR in the first round anyway. I have no idea if any receivers are worth a first round pick though.
Means Sanu's price went up. Unless Sanu says hey, 38 year old Tom Brady sounds better than any year of Dalton.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yea, Our first pick will be interesting now. They moved up for a reason but I doubt it's b/c they hope a QB falls. My guess is they hope top 2 Oline or DB is there. One should be for sure
Browns probably go QB and it's a tossup between Wentz and Goff on which career is going to get ruined. After that, assuming Dallas doesn't snag one of them, you've really only got Jacksonville and San Francisco as maybes in snagging one as well. If a QB falls to you, and he's the best player on the board, you take it. If you don't need or want a QB, you find someone who does. Given how fragile Bradford has been in his career, Philly might be better of snagging one.

I think Dallas passes on a QB in the first. You can agree or disagree with whether or not Romo is going to be around to see the end of his contract, but if you draft at 4 you get a guy who can step in right away. Save the redshirts for late 1st and beyond.