NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
not that the odds are in their favor but if this QB turns out to be legit and makes it to top 5 at the position, nobody will care what they gave up today.
Teams have traded into the top 2 for a QB 4 times since 1990.

Rg3
Michael Vick
Ryan Leaf
Jeff George

The odds are not good.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
not that the odds are in their favor but if this QB turns out to be legit and makes it to top 5 at the position, nobody will care what they gave up today.
Ask the Redskins how that line of reasoning sounds today.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If that QB makes it to the top 5 at the position with our offense and fucking Jeff Fisher we should clone that motherfucker and praise him as the future of the human race.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Teams have traded into the top 2 for a QB 4 times since 1990.

Rg3
Michael Vick
Ryan Leaf
Jeff George

The odds are not good.
it's a huge risk.. I didn't want Chip to do it last year, but Mariota looks like he may turn out ok.. But still a huge fucking risk.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ask the Redskins how that line of reasoning sounds today.
Well...considering we got our potential QB later in that draft, it hurts a lot less. Not to mention even with RG3 at the helm, we got a playoff appearance and a division title (plus one since that as well)...while the Rams haven't even topped .500 in a season yet despite "transforming their roster".

Will it work in reverse for them? I guess time will tell.

That reddit comment about Fisher turning around the Titans finally is pure gold.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
giphy.gif

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ITS GOTTA WORK ONCE RIGHT? I'm still fucking baffled how you let a lame duck coach make a fucking move like this.
I dont think Kroenke really gives too much of a fuck other than his team is now in LA and he wants to make a splash. 1st year in LA, new face of the franchise announced in a new draft city this year in Chicago. LA is a fickle bunch and there are a million things to spend money on aside from a bad football team, so he has to recoup his billionz somehow.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well...considering we got our potential QB later in that draft, it hurts a lot less. Not to mention even with RG3 at the helm, we got a playoff appearance and a division title (plus one since that as well)...while the Rams haven't even topped .500 in a season yet despite "transforming their roster".

Will it work in reverse for them? I guess time will tell.

That reddit comment about Fisher turning around the Titans finally is pure gold.
If you had a bunch of good players surrounding Cousins that weren't wasted on Rg3 you might have gone further too. It is impressive that the Skins recovered as quickly as they have, usually that shit wrecks you for a good 8-10 years.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I dont think Kroenke really gives too much of a fuck other than his team is now in LA and he wants to make a splash. 1st year in LA, new face of the franchise announced in a new draft city this year in Chicago. LA is a fickle bunch and there are a million things to spend money on aside from a bad football team, so he has to recoup his billionz somehow.
How is a rookie gonna look with no one to throw to on Jeff Fishers shit offense? Rather beg Noodle arm to come out of retirement as a splash. At least that wouldn't cripple the franchise. After a 20 year absence of football I don't think putting asses in seats is going to be a problem for the next several years.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you had a bunch of good players surrounding Cousins that weren't wasted on Rg3 you might have gone further too. It is impressive that the Skins recovered as quickly as they have, usually that shit wrecks you for a good 8-10 years.
It helps when we had the draft we did last year. GMSM really seems to have us on the right track. Deazuel isn't wrong about us having a cush division, though. Like I said before last season started with our draft and Cousins starting, I felt like being around .500 was possible. I just didn't realize we'd have enough go right in order for that to be enough to win the division.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah the trade seemed really awkward because the Rams are far from just a QB away from being a super bowl contender. They need those picks to actually shore up most of their team.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
2016 schedule releasing in like 30 minutes.

Local radio is saying Cardinals first game is at home against the Patriots, on Sunday Night Football. My body is ready!