NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First report I just saw said 5 years, $75 million, $50 mil guaranteed. That's...way too much.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Goff was the only one I saw that has been consistent top 10 and first QB off the board since the conclusion of the college season.

If Ramsey is off the board I hope Dallas swaps with a LT-needy team and is able to pick up some additional capital. If they don't move down too far in this scenario I hope they grab Elliot.
I've listened to the draft predictions since the season ended and neither of these QBs were predicted to be top 10. I agree with whoever said it above, they were middle first round to 2nd rounders. The thing is the closer we get to the draft the more teams get desperate for a QB and the rosier the glasses become viewing the same guys because the media hypes the dogshit out of QBs. I swear to god if there was no media we could probably get an honest draft. Since my team has a QB, I'm always happy to see teams trade up. Remember when Jacksonville took Gabbert and Minnesota took Ponder and Miami took Tannehill? Only one of those surprises worked out.

IMO, college coaches fucking suck dick. They run all these fucking spread (non pro style) offenses and then no GM can figure out if a QB is worth a fuck or not. Luck had a pro style offense and it was pretty obvious to anyone he was going to be good to great. Cam was ridiculously talented but even he had questions. I still have no idea how he won the MVP last year because he still sucks fucking dick at anything that requires touch on the ball such as a short or intermediate throw. He throws a deep ball great but that's 1 throw... If he wasn't as durable and good with his legs he'd be dogshit but he does have those things going for him. The NFL needs a minor league that can actually produce some QB talent. Hell if I was the NFL I'd buy a college in every major region of the country, pay for the coaches and have them run prostyle offenses so we can get real QBs developed.

Merrith

I wouldn't worry, spending that kind of money on a vet DB pretty much always works out right?
Vet is a little misleading when it comes to Norman. For instance he's barely older than say, Sherman, but has played one less year.

Still, at that age, a 5 year deal with that guaranteed money makes me worry. It's still a massive upgrade.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The way NFL careers run anyone no longer on a rookie contract and still playing is a vet.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really thought the Redskins had turned a corner in personnel management too. The good old days are back!

Merrith

I really thought the Redskins had turned a corner in personnel management too. The good old days are back!
Lets be real though, we all agree the guy was the best corner in the game last year. What would it take for this to NOT be a bad deal? Just staying healthy (or mostly healthy) throughout and playing at a high level?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
For 50 million guaranteed and a 5 year deal I'm not sure I trust anyone to be worth that at CB. But if he is the best or near the best in the league and plays all year for most of those years I would be way more comfortable with it.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
For 50 million guaranteed and a 5 year deal I'm not sure I trust anyone to be worth that at CB. But if he is the best or near the best in the league and plays all year for most of those years I would be way more comfortable with it.
If he can play 90% of the games that 5 year period and he can match up well against guys like Dez he'll be worth it. I do have to laugh how Elurin takes a shot at me and bam his team overpays for Norman.

Merrith

I don't think the $15M per is overpayment, that's easily what he would have gotten elsewhere too. The guaranteed money is massive though.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
50 million guaranteed is a fuck load of money for a non QB. It's a pretty important position in today's league but that's more than I am comfortable with. It's not that much more than Sherman though and if he performs as well then its not terrible.

Merrith

Was thinking the same thing lol. He's already trying to justify this deal.
Yeah, by basically saying he has to perform at an elite level for the majority of the deal and stay healthy.

That much guaranteed leaves you no outs if it goes bad.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not same position but we are in a similar situation with Cox. He's going to get a fuck ton of $$