NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well it sounds like Bradford is all upset about the trade, and is asking to get out of Philadelphia.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's 28 with an injury history, the Eagles were in the best position in years to move up and grab someone for their future. Dude needs to understand the team has to be always thinking of its future. Simple solution is for him to man up and play so well they cant replace him but my guess is he's always been the guy and doesn't know how to handle not getting all the attention.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Twitter says that Norman will either be a niner or skin in the end for around 15 mill a year. Contract too rich for my blood.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This feels like yet another year when Convo and a few others will be telling us the Eagles are the favorite to win the division.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really hope we don't give him some crazy deal. We need the cap space next year for some big contracts we'll be handing out.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Browns actually made a move I love which means they will absolutely bomb every one of these extra picks in order to restore balance to the sadness. Not that I'm saying anything everyone doesn't already know.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still not sold on any contact Norman is worth a big contact, he did it behind greatness. If you ain't got it what makes you think he will this year starting fresh

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I said it before and I still stand by it. I don't really want the 49ers to spend that much money on Norman. Yes, I believe he is good. I don't think he is nearly as good as the contract he is asking for though. He benefited from an amazing defense, and happened to have the best year of his career at the same time. I realize the 49ers need a ton of help, and have a ton of cap space, but I think putting that much money on one guy who may have simply had a single outstanding season, is too much.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yea 0 fucks given. The Steelers went from like 1980 Bradshaw for 20+ years with shit such as Mark Malone, Cliff Stoudt, Bubby Brister and Kordell Stewart. Big Ben's dont come along often. If you can win 1 more while he can play at a high level by signing the missing link to fix that atrocious pass defense....even for a few good years, you do it. Who knows if they will flounder through the future like they did in the 80s and 90s trying to find a franchise QB for the next 20 years. Those guys are just too rare to fuck around with when you actually have one and are only missing a piece or two to be a championship caliber team.
I 100% agree. I keep hoping the Saints will put together something resembling a middling defense and a good OL to give us a chance to win another one before Brees retires. Everyone in New Orleans was hoping Brees' contract would get renegotiated but that cocksucker Tom Condon is trying to fuck us again. We could still use something like a pass rush but we weren't going to put together enough money in FA to overpay for Vernon Olivier or one of those type guys. I was hoping we'd at least find a good Guard in FA. Gotta do something to get that defense going to win another championship. I'm sure as hell not looking forward to the post Brees era where we turn into the Browns.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This feels like yet another year when Convo and a few others will be telling us the Eagles are the favorite to win the division.
Well your overrated Redskins wont be winning it and We both know the Cowboys will lose Romo within 3 games so that leaves the Eagles and Giants.. I think the Giants are more of a complete team at this point so I'm going with them.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Jon Gruden thinks the Eagles may have too many quarterbacks | ProFootballTalk

"The problem right now I see in Philadelphia is they have too many quarterbacks to be friendly with," Gruden said. "How are they going to distribute any reps and get anybody ready when you got Sam Bradford making $18 million, you've got Chase Daniel who's a backup making $7 million, and now you have the No. 2 pick in the draft?

"I don't know how you're going to get these guys reps and get them ready, but [coach] Doug Pederson will have to answer that."
Welcome to 6-10.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing changes.. Bradford starts, Daniels is backup and helps groom Wentz. It's a very similar situation to what McNabb came into when Peterson was the backup and took McNabb under his wing. That's kind of a dumb comment by him.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_131641.jpg

welcome to 5-11