NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Over/under Tony Romo playing at least 8 games before getting sidelined by injury this season?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ok since you're simple... I'll spell it out.

It's fucking impossible to TRULY understand wtf is going on in any draft room. You can speculate but there's no fucking way you actually know wtf you are talking about. Call it speculation, call it talking out your ass but don't come in here trying to portray your bullshit as gospel. Nobody here is stupid enough to believe you actually know wtf you're talking about.
I'm echoing the GM you retard. What I am saying is what CAME OUT THE EAGLES CAMP! but i'm not even sure what you're referencing?? My reasons why they did it?? that's still common sense.. I didn't need the GM to tell me that one:)

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm echoing the GM you retard. What I am saying is what CAME OUT THE EAGLES CAMP!
And the GM is going to say anything to sell what he's just done. GMs don't spell out the truth to the media...ever. C'mon man. Eagles said they were very interested in Zeke Elliot just about a week ago. It CAME OUT THE EAGLES CAMP! It must be exactly what they planned...

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And the GM is going to say anything to sell what he's just done. GMs don't spell out the truth to the media...ever. C'mon man. Eagles said they were very interested in Zeke Elliot just about a week ago. It CAME OUT THE EAGLES CAMP! It must be exactly what they planned...
I'm not even sure what type of arguments you guys are trying to make at this point? The Eagles really like a QB, saw a chance to move up and took it, so they can hopefully relive the McNabb/Reid Era, that's all that's really going on right now. They went balls to wall last year for Mariota and came up short. They think this guy is legit, obviously.. I have no idea how it will play out, it's a huge fucking gamble but I understand the move.. They don't see Sam as the Franchise guy and jumped on an opportunity to get what they think will be a Franchise QB. I don't need to be a NFL expert to fucking understand the logic behind the move. They think Wentz has all the attributes of a good NFL QB.. TBD bitches!

I don't doubt that they looked hard at Elliot, but that doesn't change what they see as their biggest need, which was a QB.

Eagles offered way more last year for Mariota and I guarantee people would have said we gave up too much and I would have agreed in the moment, but there is really no such thing as too much if the QB actually pans out.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm not even sure what type of arguments you guys are trying to make at this point? The Eagles really like a QB, saw a chance to move up and took it, so they can hopefully relive the McNabb/Reid Era, that's all that's really going on right now. They went balls to wall last year for Mariota and came up short. They think this guy is legit, obviously.. I have no idea how it will play out, it's a huge fucking gamble but I understand the move.. They don't see Sam as the Franchise guy and jumped on an opportunity to get what they think will be a Franchise QB. I don't need to be a NFL expert to fucking understand the logic behind the move. They think Wentz has all the attributes of a good NFL QB.. TBD bitches!

I don't doubt that they looked hard at Elliot, but that doesn't change what they see as their biggest need, which was a QB.

Eagles offered way more last year for Mariota and I guarantee people would have said we gave up too much and I would have agreed in the moment, but there is really no such thing as too much if the QB actually pans out.
I'll agree with you on one thing, if a QB actually IS a franchise QB, I'd say he's worth every single pick out of 1 draft. That dumbass Ditka trade for Ricky Williams would be worth it as impt as a franchise qb is to teams. Problem is no one but Luck has looked like the real deal in what? 15 years? However long it's been since Peyton Manning came out has there been anyone that was a guarantee? The other Elites we have now like Brady (6th round), Brees (32nd) pick, Rodgers (late 20s)... even those guys weren't guarantees.

I'm with the masses though. There was an article I read yesterday that showed the last 10 QBs teams traded up for ONLY Flacco and Bridgewater are still starting and neither of those guys will ever be in the Elite Tier. I'll give Flacco franchise QB status but he's not that great. He can't hit shit on the left side of the field unless it's the flat or a short route.

I hated seeing Favre and Warner retire because there are so few great QBs in the league. The media keeps hyping guys like Cam and Wilson but honestly, Luck is the only great QB to come out in the last 5 years. I wish Arians was still with him. I think Pagano gets fired this year for wasting his talent.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Winston was a beast though. He single handedly won FSU a national championship.

He was a deserved number 1 especially when you look at someone like Cam Newton whos value didnt really take off until his 3rd campaign. Winston was a servicable rookie and will be a drastically better player in year 3 imo.

Last years QBs coming out were the new age type athletic dual threats whereas this year its back to the Andrew Luck prototypical QB with Goff and Wentz.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Single handedly? I'd suggest you look at all the guys who came out of FSU on those teams. Not even close to accurate.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think it's funny people talk about Andrew Luck like he's a post with an arm. Motherfucker ran a 4.67. That's good for a big tall white boy. I think it's not about going to pocket QB's it's more than option QB's like Wilson, RG3, Vick, and Newton which tend to be injury prone you're literally looking to pay the same money for 1/2 the career longevity. I mean you know what did Luck in last season? RUNNING WITH THE BALL.

I think for a very long time the next people going to be 'elite' are going to be CPU's on 6'5 frames with rocket arms. They're going for the Manning master mold (some one please Photoshop that). I'm really intrigued how this round of QB's is going to compare to last years.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think it's funny people talk about Andrew Luck like he's a post with an arm. Motherfucker ran a 4.67. That's good for a big tall white boy. I think it's not about going to pocket QB's it's more than option QB's like Wilson, RG3, Vick, and Newton which tend to be injury prone you're literally looking to pay the same money for 1/2 the career longevity. I mean you know what did Luck in last season? RUNNING WITH THE BALL.

I think for a very long time the next people going to be 'elite' are going to be CPU's on 6'5 frames with rocket arms. They're going for the Manning master mold (some one please Photoshop that). I'm really intrigued how this round of QB's is going to compare to last years.
lol white QB's can't run

moontayle

Golden Squire
It begins.Twitter

Eagles have been informed Sam Bradford wants to be traded and he will not be showing up for their off-season program any longer, per source.
3rd response was the best. @AdamSchefter trade to the Rams for Foles

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I couldn't think of a worse backup QB for your oft injured starting QB than Bradford

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
87hqKef.png

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
OH GOD HERE WE GO AGAIN...

after reading everything about inflation, temps etc. i honestly believe the balls werelegalat the start of the game.. i mean when a 7th grader in his science project can show that a football during the time(about 2.5hrs) from when the balls were brought to the field to halftime, shows that with the temps the way that they were at that time(going from ~70 to 40 degrees F) the pressure IN the balls will drop almost exactly what the balls READ by the refs at halftime...read,then well ...i tend to believe the science than the speculation.

but alas this will never ever end....

Brady will appeal i bet, and get another delay of the suspension, blah blah blah.