NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
There is new video that appears to show Smith rear end Hayes first, and then leave the scene. That is supposedly why Hayes was following/chasing him.

Now, how that all comes back to him being shot, I really don't know. But I am sure his defense is going to try and say Smith was the clear aggressor, and this was simply self defense.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Smith was having dinner with someone who was supposedly involved in the killer's father's death. Hell of a coincidence if it's just random road rage
Yeah, as Slaythe points out, why wouldn't he just kill the actual fucking guy who shot his father? It's not like there's any way to confuse the two people as they're very different builds.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
There is new video that appears to show Smith rear end Hayes first, and then leave the scene. That is supposedly why Hayes was following/chasing him.

Now, how that all comes back to him being shot, I really don't know. But I am sure his defense is going to try and say Smith was the clear aggressor, and this was simply self defense.
But did he have his hands up?!

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Now there is video of Will Smith rear-ending the shooter and fleeing. So I would assume he was most likely drunk. He also had a loaded gun in his car. So he might have been going for the gun in his car when he got shot. Story just keeps getting crazier.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When did they find the gun in smith's car? As of yesterday it was a rumor and the popo said there was only 1 gun found at the scene.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was it confirmed Smith was unarmed while he was shot in the back? If so, I'll keep waiting for the part of the story where that was necessary.

Last I heard they found a gun in his car, not that he was threatening to shoot it. This story keeps unfolding like a bad episode from True Detective Season 2.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Was it confirmed Smith was unarmed while he was shot in the back? If so, I'll keep waiting for the part of the story where that was necessary.

Last I heard they found a gun in his car, not that he was threatening to shoot it. This story keeps unfolding like a bad episode from True Detective Season 2.
Living in CBus I'm getting a healthy dose of this news. According to an eye witness report (take it for what it's worth) Smith was irate at the scene and threatened to beat the guy up and said "I've got a gun in my car." At which point the assailant said something to the effect of "Me too", pulled and shot.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Would explain why he was shot in the side/back if he threatened to kill him and turned to get his gun

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
So what we have here is another story where we go from poor ex-NFLer gets hit driving and is gunned down by the other driver. Oh ya he happens to be the son of a man who was killed by an officer - the same officer - that ex-NFLer was having dinner with. Let's not forget that. Was that information even relevant or just pure coincidence? Fuck if we will ever know.

Then we go to now he was the one that hit the other driver and was alleged to have threaten the other man by claiming he had a gun. Except he forgot he's not the only armed in this world and the other guy shot him and will probably claim (if he has a lawyer worth a damn) he was scared for his life and shot to protect himself.

Makes you once again to hold off judgment on anything reported nowadays. Doesn't make anything that happened right or wrong.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Better season? RGn3gro or Krapperdick assuming they both make it to opening day.

I think the Browns lulz might have more talent on offense....well its close.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Both rosters are pretty garbage, but I'm going to go with Kaep just because Kelly's offense has made some mediocre QB's put up some decent looking stats (assuming Kaep stays in SF). Cleveland on the other has lost like any player worth a shit to free agency and the reefer.

That is just next year though, I think Cleveland is in a better spot both in their front office and with Jackson as their coach so I think Cleveland will be... more competitive... than the Niners over the next 3-5 years.