NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
All of Antonio's greatness comes from Ben prancing around for 8 seconds and then he scatters away for a backyard bomb. I really like AB but c'mon...Julio is a league away from everyone else. The dude has been stomping mudholes in people for years.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Your opinion on the matter went irrelevant after you said Bell and Brown being top tier was lulworthy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
It wasn't top tier, that was at QB and Ben which is agreeable. It was best at their positions of RB and WR, which I disagree with. I think Julio is the best WR by a large margin and I'd take Zeke or Johnson over Bell.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
By a large margin? No way. AB had almost 2k yards a couple years ago. Megatron level stats. Fuck you man. You have me defending a fucking Steeler. AB, Julio, and AJ are pretty interchangeable. All can completely take over games and make the most amazing catches week in and week out.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems kind of bias based on this current year. Had Bell played all year he'd be up there in every category. WR talk is so hard. These guys are all so close to each other.

• 1Cutler

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It wasn't top tier, that was at QB and Ben which is agreeable. It was best at their positions of RB and WR, which I disagree with. I think Julio is the best WR by a large margin and I'd take Zeke or Johnson over Bell.
Large margin??? Yea....that's retarded.

You can put 1a 1b and 1c in any way you want with Green, Brown, and Jones and not be wrong. Same with Bell, Zeke, and Johnson this year.....but to say its lulzworthy makes you look like a retard

And forget Brown for a second to remove my own bias....but to say Jones is far and away better than AJ Green this year?? Mmkay. We'll see where the numbers end up because Jones numbers are massively skewed by that Carolina game and he's been average-good over the rest of the year.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
By a large margin? No way. AB had almost 2k yards a couple years ago. Megatron level stats.

You know who had more yards than him that year, right? Julio Jones. Every single year his yards per game are better than AB. I was more laughing at the statement than the players but hey, it's all good.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know who had more yards than him that year, right? Julio Jones. Every single year his yards per game are better than AB. I was more laughing at the statement than the players but hey, it's all good.
Your argument is a little misleading

Both had 136 catches last year, Julio had a whopping 47 more yards receiving and 2 less touchdowns than AB. 2 tds > 47 receiving yards

Not to mention, Matt Ryan started all 16 games last year, Ben started 11. If he plays the entire season, AB smashes every receiving record known to man minus the TD one set by Randy Moss as I dont see that happening for awhile.

Julio vs Denvers defense this year had 2 catches for 29 yards. When AB played their SB winning defense last year in week 15 where Chris Harris had given up 0 tds all season, AB's stat line vs Denvers No Fly Zone ended up something like this:

16 catches 189 yards 2 tds

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Last time I checked AB was missing his starting QB for a quarter of the year last year, and Ben was playing through injury in other games as well. Matt Ryan didn't miss a single game for Julio. This does matter, especially when Brown had just as many catches at Julio did last year, on 9 less targets, and ended up with 2 more TD's. All that despite having Ben out for a quarter of the season.

If we want to split hairs and just says 1a, 1b, and 1c with those two and Green, that's cool. But to try to find a clear cut best now it's nearly impossible. Brown does all that he does with Bell or D. Williams accounting for a ton of the offense as well.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Your argument is awful.

Both had 136 catches last year, Julio had a whopping 47 more yards receiving and 2 less touchdowns than AB. 2 tds > 47 receiving yards

Not to mention, Matt Ryan started 16 games last year, Ben started 11. If he plays the entire season, AB smashes every receiving record known to man.

Julio vs Denvers defense this year had 2 catches for 29 yards. When AB played their SB winning defense last year where Chris Harris had given up 0 tds all season, AB's stat line vs Denvers No Fly Zone ended up something like this:

16 catches 189 yards 2 tds

Brofist for getting your almost identical response up first

• 1Solidarity

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
64DolT7.png

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
nah. i liked it. the ring stuff never bothered me. Our time will come

• 3Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like David Johnson and probably should of mentioned him, Its just weird with RBs now a days, given the short shelf life of the position and he was sharing carries with Chris Johnson last year. But he has cemented his status as a top tier RB this year.

Antonio Brown is just a better football player than Julio Jones. Remember when he jump kicked a fucking punter in the face? That only can happen if you play special teams....which he has.

I have also seen him distribute some savage blocks downfield, he is just a better all around player. Jones has a higher propensity for spectacular catches and is a better athlete and physical specimen. Green runs better routes than both of them, but at the end of the day Brown is the undisputed WR alpha. Like others have said if Ben was healthy the whole season last year Brown would have shattered every WR single season record. (Maybe not 22 touchdowns but he would have broke Harrisons and Johnsons marks for sure.)

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Green running better routes than Brown is one of the dumbest things you've ever said. The only player in the NFL who bails on routes and turtles in big spots more than AJ is Desean Jackson.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's so crazy when you think about RB's and their shelf life. I was reading an article the other day talking about Alex Smith and Frank Gore, and how they will be facing against each other for the first time in their careers. They both joined the 49ers are rookies in 2005. When you think about Gore, he is an over the hill RB who is defying all odds right now. Whereas Alex Smith is a QB that can easily play effectively for another 5 years.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Uber do you even watch football? Brown runs great routes but its pitch and catch with him and Ben. They also run a ton of screen plays and he gets a lot of YAC. The Bengals and Dalton rely on Green beating man coverage to make plays.

You are fucking cooked.