NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure if people outside of here know how bad things are, but USA Today is trying to spread the word:

The Ravens ran for six yards on Sunday. Six! That’s a franchise record for futility. It’s actually tied for the 16th-worst rushing performance by an NFL team since the merger

Its amazing that's only the 16th worst, seems hard to get much worse but....holy fucking shit Detroit:

VEhCxTU.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
-18 yds. 1 TD. Would still take that fantasy stat line over some options I've had.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've had backs get 4/5 points plenty of times. Was that multiple ball carriers though?

Rude

Potato del Grande
The Ravens have been dogshit since signing Flaccid to that mega deal. Nothing new to see here.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not sure if people outside of here know how bad things are, but USA Today is trying to spread the word:

Its amazing that's only the 16th worst, seems hard to get much worse but....holy fucking shit Detroit:

View attachment 94629

When I try to be nice to my Ravens fan friends and point out their whole "It's all because of Trestman!!!!!" excuse looks flimsy as hell. With Smith out, as long as you don't let Wallace/Perriman beat you deep, you're probably fine. Can just stack the box a little more and shut down their run game. For whatever reason they like Flacco to go back and chuck it a ton (leads the entire NFL in attempts, and it's not close...308 attempts, Luck is 2nd with 276) even though they were supposed to be more committed to the run game with Trestman gone. He got an MRI on his throwing shoulder this past week, almost assuredly playing through something.

Flacco is 29th in passer rating, with only Osweiler, Gabbert, and Fitzpatrick doing worse than he is. His Total QBR is a little better at 25th, with much of the list below him the same (other than notably Wentz appearing at 29th, got your back Ambi!). He doesn't have a great tight end to throw to any more (like a Heap or healthy Pitta), and they aren't targeting any of their RB's out of the backfield on passes nearly as much as in previous years.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Avatar bet, and you have to acknowledge how retarded you are in your sig, while letting everyone know how great I am.

How about I just put Tom is the greatest QB in football in my sig and you putting that the Patriots should have drafted Tannehill if GM Bill was worth a shit? Keeping it football related because as a Pats fan, everyone already knows you are retarded no matter what I say.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pittsburgh is one of the worst coached teams in the NFL, they have tons of talent on offense and a mediocre defense, but Tomlin can't get them to do anything consistently.

100% agree with you minus the part about the defense, we had our two best defenders gone vs you guys + last years 1st round pick Dupree who has been gone all season. Night and day, not that Im saying a top defense like the 2008ish Steelers defenses, but maybe above average when theyre healthy. I'd say as a whole this team is more talented as a roster than every other team aside from maybe NE and Denver, and thats arguable......and Tomlin has a below .500 win percentage against teams below .500 which is horrible coaching. I have a feeling if in some magical world if Bellichick coached the Steelers and every other team in the NFL he would win it all with Pittsburgh. Tomlin has made some very questionable draft choices lately, guys who fit the Tampa 2 defenses he coached before but not the style of defense we play.

I usually dont agree with Cowherd but he said the same thing you did.

Last edited:

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Pittsburgh is one of the worst coached teams in the NFL, they have tons of talent on offense and a mediocre defense, but Tomlin can't get them to do anything consistently. Zero worries about them.
Completely agree. We have the best WR in the league, the best RB in the league, and arguably a top 3 QB at this point. We've still lost 3 times.

We should've absolutely facefucked the Dolphins.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think it's arguable. Julio, AB, AJ. One of those guys. Maybe add in Hilton and OBJ. For RBs, Bell and Johnson are both amazing. Elliot looks like a top RB too.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Best WR. Best RB. That was good for a lol.

If they're not both in the discussion, I don't know what to say. It's a valid point. You're crazy if you think AB and Bell aren't right there.

Alex...did you really throw Hilton's name in the group for Top WR?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
For some reason I thought he was more baller than he was. I thought he was further up in the receiving yards rankings the past few years. He just had that really good year in 2014.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I agree that I wouldn't rank them as top at their position, but it's definitely not lol worthy.

Brown is definitely top 3 for WR and Bell's top 10 at worst.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best WR. Best RB. That was good for a lol.
Derp

Bell accounts for 147.2 ypg of offense, which is the highest of any non QB in the NFL this year. David Johnson is at second 143.4 and Ezeekiel Elliot is 3rd at 133.5 ypg. Julio Jones is the top wr on this list at 118 ypg.

Brown among wrs is 2nd in receptions 2nd in touchdowns and 7th in yards. I'd put AJ Green or Julio as the top receiver so far this year, but its not crazy to think AB will be topping the stat line at the end of the year if Ben comes back relatively soon.

As a skill position duo for a team there is no team even close outside of maybe Johnson/Fitzgerald or possibly Blount/Gronk this year. Maybe Dez/Zeek when Dez gets healthy, we'll see how Dez does with Dak.

Last edited:

moontayle

Golden Squire
Can't really argue the numbers there. I think Bell gets the nod because that line can be suspect at times so the fact that he's a high producer speaks to his ability.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Antonio Brown is the best WR in the league...cmon. look at his numbers the last 2 seasons...

The guy is ridiculous. The only other WR in the league that could make an argument is AJ Green, and then the 2nd tier is Julio Jones, ODB, and Allen Robinson when Bortles isnt playing like dogshit.

3rd tier is Amari Cooper, deAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans and Jarvis Landry.

Fitz is still a top 10 guy but he is reliant on Palmer being healthy and has lost a step. Either way his hands still might be the best in the league. I would have listed Diggs in that 3rd tier too but his injury has hampered him.

Bell is the best RB in the league no argument. Only other guys who could fuck with him are young guys like Zeke and Gurley but at the end of the day Bell catches passes and has that veteran patience and poise to let blockers create lanes. I dont know why anyone would object to the notion that the Steelers have the two best skill position players in the NFL.