NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reverse psychology?

I would like to go on record that I stated somewhere in the preseason that I thought Cam was going to take a big step back this year.

A lot of teams have bad years after the SB, it's no surprise, I just think Ambi is totally jumping the gun. I also think he falls way too in love with stats and just doesn't acknowledge what's actually going on during the games. Cam won a lot of games for that team last year and is a big part of why they got where they did. He's attacking his QB rating but totally ignoring the actual WR's he had to work with. It's just a dumb conversation to dive into b/c he ignores the totality of the circumstances. Is he having a rough year? Yea, that whole team is including the defense.

So Ambi-define overrated and tell me where you think Cam ranks among active QB's in the league right now and maybe I can start seeing where you're coming from.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You're completely unable to attribute a team's success to anything but that QB because you lack any understanding of football.

Cam wasn't the reason for their success last year. Their defense was. They led the league in interceptions, forced fumbles, and sacks. His only good passing stat was his TDs which isn't surprising when you have so many extra possessions and short fields. His running stats were good, but his passing are below average. He's nowhere near elite and I'd actually put him in the lower half of the league.

But hey, your analysis of, team wins QB GOOD HUR DUR works too

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're completely unable to attribute a team's success to anything but that QB because you lack any understanding of football.

Cam wasn't the reason for their success last year. Their defense was. They led the league in interceptions, forced fumbles, and sacks. His only good passing stat was his TDs which isn't surprising when you have so many extra possessions and short fields. His running stats were good, but his passing are below average. He's nowhere near elite and I'd actually put him in the lower half of the league.

And I could flip that and say you're unwilling to give him any credit as you're also unwilling to acknowledge his supporting cast being pretty sub par. Cam would be a beast on Dallas right now. :)

We're just never going to agree on this.

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think the offensive line is the biggest part of that offense. Then Elliot next, Dak rounding third.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
In a shocking turn of events Convo disagreed with a Cowboys fan. Wait, that's every page of this thread. Nevermind.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think the offensive line is the biggest part of that offense. Then Elliot next, Dak rounding third.

I'd put the receivers at third with Dak at the bottom. Dez's big play ability along with Witten/Beasley being open every play and almost never have any drops.

That's not knock on Dak they're just such a well rounded offense without any real weaknesses.

• 2Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In a shocking turn of events Convo disagreed with a Cowboys fan. Wait, that's every page of this thread. Nevermind.

lol well.. I just don't agree Cam is an overrated QB, a low tier QB as Am calls him. It's easy to shit on him now b/c he's having a bad season but I don't think he ends his career with a continues downward trend by any means. /shrug. Do you?

• 1Cutler

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'd put the receivers at third with Dak at the bottom. Dez's big play ability along with Witten/Beasley being open every play and almost never have any drops.

That's not knock on Dak they're just such a well rounded offense without any real weaknesses.
I definitely think Witten and Beasley have been big parts of their offense . I think Dez has been a non factor mostly.

• 2Cutler

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Fuck you Convo for making me not only agree with a Cowboys fan but agree with Ambi

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck you Convo for making me not only agree with a Cowboys fan but agree with Ambi

fuck you too! I'm pretty confident Cam will be fine in the future! And If you actually watched his games last season, he did way more on the field than Ambi is ever going to give him credit for. I think he had what? 4 come back game winning drives last year?

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I definitely think Witten and Beasley have been big parts of their offense . I think Dez has been a non factor mostly.

Dak hasn't been using him very well, but he had some huge plays against the Eagles and Steelers that the Cowboys couldn't have won without.

• 1Cutler

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Dez has had 2 bad games, unless you count 40 yards 1 TD after suffering an injury that would later force him to miss 3 games as bad.

Dez Bryant: Game Logs at NFL.com

Dez will have better success when Dak figures out how to make the back shoulder throws.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

The amount of double-coverage Dez draws, absolutely opens up the out routes for Beasley & the middle of the field for Witten. O-line > Receiving core (a better outside WR to replace Williams would make this core insane) > Elliot > Dak (all of them are very good pieces).

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
there's only 2 elite QB's in the league, and that's Brady (and I fucking despise the Pats) and Manning (not the Papa John's one since he's retired). They are the only ones who have managed to win a SB after signing big (read that as team crippling, might not apply to Pats that much since they don't really like to pay to anyone but Tommy) contracts. You know, the 100 million ballpark ones. One could argue about Ben but his 2nd win was too long ago and he's done. What have Brees, Flacco, Rodgers done after their fancy contracts? Jack shit. And don't even get me started on Luck and the rest of the non-winning QB's. Jury is still out on Wilson (closest one to elite). Cam is a joke. I fucking hate the mentality of rewarding for past accomplishments.

now, let the hate rain in

• 5Cutler
Reactions: 4 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
there's only 2 elite QB's in the league, and that's Brady (and I fucking despise the Pats) and Manning (not the Papa John's one since he's retired). They are the only ones who have managed to win a SB after signing big (read that as team crippling, might not apply to Pats that much since they don't really like to pay to anyone but Tommy) contracts. You know, the 100 million ballpark ones. One could argue about Ben but his 2nd win was too long ago and he's done. What have Brees, Flacco, Rodgers done after their fancy contracts? Jack shit. And don't even get me started on Luck and the rest of the non-winning QB's. Jury is still out on Wilson (closest one to elite). Cam is a joke. I fucking hate the mentality of rewarding for past accomplishments.

if you're not being hated you're not trying

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The amount of double-coverage Dez draws, absolutely opens up the out routes for Beasley & the middle of the field for Witten. O-line > Receiving core (a better outside WR to replace Williams would make this core insane) > Elliot > Dak (all of them are very good pieces).

Look at Dez being a non factor mostly on this play lol, skip to 5:54. No way Zeke scores if that safety isn't on top of Dez in double coverage.

Film Room: Zeke's Game-Winner; D-Law's Sack

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Gotta say, you went full retard. You're the ISIS of "Winning is the only way to rate any player" ideology.

And the concept of rewarding for past accomplishments... what other way could it be? What, every QB should have a $500K one year salary and get $25M for winning a Super Bowl? And not just every QB, but ever player too! I'm sure that would go over well (the owners would certainly love it). I'm sure in your real life you would appreciate a salary structure like that...

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Aaron Rodgers is a scientologist? That's the symptoms of scientology, or we can go with he fell down the Munnhole. Is Munn a scientologist?