NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Totally comparable! Career rating of 77.1 vs. 97.1.
77.3 the year before Bledsoe went down, 113.2 before Romo went down.
5-11 record vs. 12-3.
58% completion vs. almost 70%.
17-13 TD to Int vs. 34-9.

Shut the fuck up you blithering idiot. As a Giants fan, I welcome them starting Dak over Romo, and I can't wait for that fucker to retire. But to deny he's a top tier QB when healthy? You're a fucking moron.

And no one cared about Bledsoe. No one. Stop making up history.

Giants fan owning a Pats fan.

Feels so appropriate

• 3Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Top tier? I dunno about that. He and Phillip Rivers get cut a whole lot of slack for throwing a lot and never winning dick all. Both of them are Eli Manning without the horseshoe and rabbit's foot jammed up his asshole.

That said, he's better than Dak for the purposes of this discussion.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
whoopscassel.0.gif
You got me there.

Also Philip Rivers deserves better than the fucking anchor the Chargers have been.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

moontayle

Golden Squire
Romo is the better quarterback, how is that even a discussion?
Yep. I see arguments like "you can't run a bootleg with Romo" or "you can't run a read option with Romo" to which the response is, "Yes you can and they do" and "You don't need to with Romo". Kudos to the offensive coaches in Dallas for putting in plays that Dak can execute and that play to his (and the team's) strengths. But they can still do that with Romo, they just won't need to as much because he's a better passer. Dak has some aspects of his game that need refinement, and you can see this in the games if you're looking. That said, he's making good decisions with the ball and the mistakes he has made haven't backfired so things look good.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Top tier? I dunno about that. He and Phillip Rivers get cut a whole lot of slack for throwing a lot and never winning dick all.

Only equating QB play with wins and losses is just lazy. They don't do that with RBs, WRs, or any other position. If a QB is throwing for a lot of yards, high completion %, a lot of TDs, and low interceptions, wtf else are they supposed to do? I've never heard an real answer to that which wasn't just a vague, meaningless cliche.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Totally comparable! Career rating of 77.1 vs. 97.1.
77.3 the year before Bledsoe went down, 113.2 before Romo went down.
5-11 record vs. 12-3.
58% completion vs. almost 70%.
17-13 TD to Int vs. 34-9.

Shut the fuck up you blithering idiot. As a Giants fan, I welcome them starting Dak over Romo, and I can't wait for that fucker to retire. But to deny he's a top tier QB when healthy? You're a fucking moron.

And no one cared about Bledsoe. No one. Stop making up history.

Comparing 90's football to today's football. Just Itlan things.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
All of that comes into consideration as well as clutch stats like 4th QTR drive success, 3rd down success, etc. Looking it up real quick, Romo has been pretty successful, sitting at 14th overall on Comeback Drives since 1960. Rivers is tied for 20th with Jay Cutler. He is actually steamrolled by Cutler and Romo is most of the "clutch" stats I checked.

qbcomp.PNG

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It's like watching the Bledsoe/Brady thing all over again, all the retarded Pats fans wanted Bledsoe back. "Can't lose your job to injury!" "He brought us to the Super Bowl!".

The pats just needed a system QB though, so it's not the same. This is more like peyton/osweiller and I really really hope it doesn't turn out the same way. I wonder how long dak's contract was.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The pats just needed a system QB though, so it's not the same. This is more like peyton/osweiller and I really really hope it doesn't turn out the same way. I wonder how long dak's contract was.

How do you not know about the rookie cap and that outside of offset languages the contracts are based entirely where taken in the draft? Also UDFA have a limit as to what they can be paid as well, which is why Collins went to Dallas because they guaranteed every penny of a max UDFA which had never been done before.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Comparing 90's football to today's football. Just Itlan things.

Not to jump on one side or the other on this, but Uber has a point. The first year the Pats won the Super Bowl, Kurt Warner led the league in passer rating with 101.4. No one else was above 95.5. This year 95.5 would barely have you in the top 15 (14th), and 8 guys are over 100 rating. Passer stats have exploded the last 5-10 year.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
If the Bills beat the 49'ers Sunday will we have some Bills fans crawling out of their caves and posting on this forum?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About as much as there will be Cleveland people popping up when the Browns finally win a game.