NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The Poe TD play was called "Bloated Tebow Pass"

If Chiefs play at NE this year in the playoffs I am pretty sure my wife (Pats fan) and I are going. Otherwise, Chiefs play in Foxboro next year, hopefully not on a holiday. She's taken me to Arrowhead before, will be her first trip to Gillette.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's odd because earlier in the year I thought NFC was clearly superior...but I"m not really sold on AFC being better right at this moment. As they were discussing before the night game...who do you really see that has a shot to come out of the AFC now?

Raiders basically fucked, Texans aren't doing shit, Miami probably isn't beating anyone but the Texans, and Kansas City would never beat New England. You're basically left with the Pats and the Steelers as the only two teams that likely have a shot to come out of the AFC and/or win the Super Bowl.

NFC is a little different, you have Dallas, you have Seattle, I don't think anyone trusts Atlanta, but suddenly they're likely to get a 1st round bye, and no one probably wants to play the Giants if they get hot again, or Green Bay who already is hot.

Nothing has really changed in my mind. The road to the Superbowl still goes through Foxborough as I have been saying. I never trusted the Raiders because of all their penalties and their lack luster defense. I think the Chiefs are the second best team in the AFC and are better than most of the NFC teams. They beat the Raiders twice. The Steelers are a bit like the Falcons , high powered offense that could light somebody up but I don't see them being competent enough in all phase to really go all the way.

As for the NFC its the Cowboys to lose. I think the Falcons could be trouble with that offense but wonder about their defense. Same thing for Green Bay. Giants defense is playing great but their offense is really going to have to step it up. Redskins choke in the red zone to much to be a contender even if they do manage to sneak in. Seattle has no chance in my mind with the injuries they got in the last month.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nothing has really changed in my mind. The road to the Superbowl still goes through Foxborough as I have been saying. I never trusted the Raiders because of all their penalties and their lack luster defense. I think the Chiefs are the second best team in the AFC and are better than most of the NFC teams. They beat the Raiders twice. The Steelers are a bit like the Falcons , high powered offense that could light somebody up but I don't see them being competent enough in all phase to really go all the way.

As for the NFC its the Cowboys to lose. I think the Falcons could be trouble with that offense but wonder about their defense. Same thing for Green Bay. Giants defense is playing great but their offense is really going to have to step it up. Redskins choke in the red zone to much to be a contender even if they do manage to sneak in. Seattle has no chance in my mind with the injuries they got in the last month.

I can sort of buy the KC being 2nd best team, especially in the sense of 2nd most complete team (at least with Hill as such a weapon). But their one win over Oakland was in shitty weather, and I don't mean cold, I mean like really bad rain much like tonight's game which made it mostly unwatchable. I just think the Pats have zero fear of Kansas City. While KC might match up at least 50/50 with anyone else in the AFC, I just feel like they don't have any path to victory against the Pats...unless their D played absolutely out of their minds and Hill had like 2 punt return TD's or something. It's just a hard counter.

NFC I still think Cowboys will have to prove to people they can win the big games. Not that Dak and co. didn't look good against Tampa, but Tampa is a team who had their destiny in their hands and got beat back to back after winning 5 straight. Honestly I think Skins' D is far more of a liability than red zone. Red zone is going to look great one game or shitty another, but if it's great on the day we play Dallas, and we put up another 500 yards on their D...well...yeah. It's Skins' D that would be suspect (same problem with Green Bay's secondary if they had to play the Skins or Atlanta). Would just give up too much. Agreed on Giants, don't think they can score enough. Green Bay and Rodgers might just be good enough to overcome their defensive issues, and Atlanta/Seattle could give Dallas trouble.

Really if I had to pick right now I'd have the Pats out of the AFC but that's about the only sure thing I could think of, other than Houston almost assuredly being 1 and done. If the Chiefs get stuck in the 5 seed you could see a literal replay of last year's 30-0 Chiefs' demolition of the Texans on Wild Card weekend in Houston once again.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Here's whats going to happen in the AFC, and it's going to piss me right off. Raiders find a way to win next week, because the Broncos are just done.

Round 1 of AFC playoffs has (#5)KC going to (#4)Houston, and (#6)Miami going to (#3)Pittsburgh. KC wins, Pittsburgh wins. Then (#3) Pittsburgh goes to (#2) Oakland, and (#5) KC has to go to (#1) New England. Pittsburgh stomps a Carr-less Oakland team in Oakland, and the Chiefs lose in Foxboro. AFC title game is Pittsburgh at New England, and all the national pundits call it a great game of 2 classic franchises, but in reality Pittsburgh poses very little threat to the Pats, and its a snoozer of a game while the Pats waltz into another Super Bowl, fairly easily.

I think the only real threat to the Pats are the Chiefs...but the Chiefs won't be able to beat them when the Pats have a bye week to prepare ahead of the game. Chiefs might have a chance in the AFC title game if they get the #2 seed, but no chance in the 2nd round of the playoffs as a 5 seed, coming off a tough, physical game at Houston.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I can sort of buy the KC being 2nd best team, especially in the sense of 2nd most complete team (at least with Hill as such a weapon). But their one win over Oakland was in shitty weather, and I don't mean cold, I mean like really bad rain much like tonight's game which made it mostly unwatchable. I just think the Pats have zero fear of Kansas City. While KC might match up at least 50/50 with anyone else in the AFC, I just feel like they don't have any path to victory against the Pats...unless their D played absolutely out of their minds and Hill had like 2 punt return TD's or something. It's just a hard counter.

NFC I still think Cowboys will have to prove to people they can win the big games. Not that Dak and co. didn't look good against Tampa, but Tampa is a team who had their destiny in their hands and got beat back to back after winning 5 straight. Honestly I think Skins' D is far more of a liability than red zone. Red zone is going to look great one game or shitty another, but if it's great on the day we play Dallas, and we put up another 500 yards on their D...well...yeah. It's Skins' D that would be suspect (same problem with Green Bay's secondary if they had to play the Skins or Atlanta). Would just give up too much. Agreed on Giants, don't think they can score enough. Green Bay and Rodgers might just be good enough to overcome their defensive issues, and Atlanta/Seattle could give Dallas trouble.

Really if I had to pick right now I'd have the Pats out of the AFC but that's about the only sure thing I could think of, other than Houston almost assuredly being 1 and done. If the Chiefs get stuck in the 5 seed you could see a literal replay of last year's 30-0 Chiefs' demolition of the Texans on Wild Card weekend in Houston once again.

I mostly agree with you except the Chiefs beat the Bronco's and The Raiders both times this year. In addition they beat the Falcons as well. The Chiefs are a solid and complete team. That being said I still think it's the Pats for the AFC.

I also think the Cowboys are the most complete team in the NFC as well. If the Cowboys go to the Superbowl against the Pats I think they will get eaten alive.

The best teams don't always win though, that's why they play the games.

Merrith

I mostly agree with you except the Chiefs beat the Bronco's and The Raiders both times this year. In addition they beat the Falcons as well. The Chiefs are a solid and complete team. That being said I still think it's the Pats for the AFC.

I also think the Cowboys are the most complete team in the NFC as well. If the Cowboys go to the Superbowl against the Pats I think they will get eaten alive.

The best teams don't always win though, that's why they play the games.

See I don't think much of Denver honestly, because any competent D can hold that offense to 17 points or less. Like I said, both wins against Oakland came with caveats...bad weather in the first game (which played right into KC's hands), and a 2nd game in which Oakland literally dropped or didn't chance advantage of any big play chances that would have won them the game. Also the Steelers straight up destroyed the Chiefs when they played (although it was early in the year), but it was like 35-0 before you could blink or something to that effect. I don't see the Chiefs being able to play from behind, like they would against the Pats or even the Steelers. They also would control the AFC West, but they blew a really bad game against the Titans that Tennessee had no business winning. Chiefs not completely bulletproof in my mind.

I think Joeboo's scenario actually makes a ton of sense for the AFC(IF seedings end up that way. Denver could beat Carr-less Raiders next week). I'm just not sure how the Cowboys would match up against playoff Seahawks though, and I really worry about Dallas' secondary against Atlanta or Green Bay. They could get lit up, and beat in a shootout.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'd take the Pats most days over the AFC field, I think the Raiders and Chiefs match up better against Dallas though. The pass rush is the big difference, need to challenge that line, and think they have the best chance. Pats and Steelers have a better chance if it's a shootout and the QBs have all day.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Pats defense is number 1 in points allowed currently. I think their pass rush is a bit suspect but they are kicking ass currently.

Merrith

Pats defense is number 1 in points allowed currently. I think their pass rush is a bit suspect but they are kicking ass currently.

I'll say this for them, they know how to really put on a beating. Other teams might let the Jets hang around a bit. Not the Pats, just drop a massive beatdown on them and never let up.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
You don't get to the AFC Championship game something like 10 times in 15 years with out being amazing. It must suck to be a fan of the Bills, Lolphins, and Jets the last 20 years.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Dolphins, baby!!!! I'm happy for at least the next two weeks. The Pats are definitely the top team as usual but you never know how things turn out. You just need that one amazing game and the Chiefs are solid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
don't see the Chiefs being able to play from behind, like they would against the Pats or even the Steelers. They also would control the AFC West, but they blew a really bad game against the Titans that Tennessee had no business winning. Chiefs not completely bulletproof in my mind.

It's the year of the underdogs bro.

Cubs Won
Trump Won

Maybe just maybe

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
You don't get to the AFC Championship game something like 10 times in 15 years with out being amazing. It must suck to be a fan of the Bills, Lolphins, and Jets the last 20 years.

As a Dolphins fan I stopped being mad at New England after they beat Seattle a few years ago. It's not NE's fault the rest of the division can't get their shit together, so my ire is directed at the 3 other dysfunctional franchises that are in the AFC East. Miami's got its shit together finally, at least. In Gase we trust.

Here's whats going to happen in the AFC, and it's going to piss me right off. Raiders find a way to win next week, because the Broncos are just done.

Round 1 of AFC playoffs has (#5)KC going to (#4)Houston, and (#6)Miami going to (#3)Pittsburgh. KC wins, Pittsburgh wins. Then (#3) Pittsburgh goes to (#2) Oakland, and (#5) KC has to go to (#1) New England. Pittsburgh stomps a Carr-less Oakland team in Oakland, and the Chiefs lose in Foxboro. AFC title game is Pittsburgh at New England, and all the national pundits call it a great game of 2 classic franchises, but in reality Pittsburgh poses very little threat to the Pats, and its a snoozer of a game while the Pats waltz into another Super Bowl, fairly easily.

I think the only real threat to the Pats are the Chiefs...but the Chiefs won't be able to beat them when the Pats have a bye week to prepare ahead of the game. Chiefs might have a chance in the AFC title game if they get the #2 seed, but no chance in the 2nd round of the playoffs as a 5 seed, coming off a tough, physical game at Houston.

I agree with this, but I would hope Miami can beat Pittsburgh simply because I think they match up a little better vs. NE, though not by much. It puts KC on AFCC path with NE too.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If the Raiders with back up QB lose to the Bronco's next week and the Chiefs win they take the division. I don't think much of the Bronco's but no Carr is really going to hurt.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
As a Dolphins fan I stopped being mad at New England after they beat Seattle a few years ago. It's not NE's fault the rest of the division can't get their shit together, so my ire is directed at the 3 other dysfunctional franchises that are in the AFC East. Miami's got its shit together finally, at least. In Gase we trust.

I agree with this, but I would hope Miami can beat Pittsburgh simply because I think they match up a little better vs. NE, though not by much. It puts KC on AFCC path with NE too.

I would love that, as I was the biggest Dan Marino fan on Earth as a kid & teenager (took him as my QB in my very first Fantasy Football league in 1995)

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would love that, as I was the biggest Dan Marino fan on Earth as a kid & teenager (took him as my QB in my very first Fantasy Football league in 1995)

Jesus Christ grandpa

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah Marino was how I ended getting into them back in the 80s as a kid. They had a lot of televised games and he flung the ball around like crazy. Was fun to watch.

• 1Cutler