NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Just watched the flacco hit. My first thought was "What the fuck happened to his helmet, did it disintegrate?" Then other angles showed it just plopped down behind him. I'm not sure how a helmet does that.

Anyway, that first angle didn't look like a dirty hit. Subsequent angles did, but none of them looked blantantly bad to me. Unless kiko has a history of that shit like suh. Joe was doing some kind of idiot slide that's not the safe space hook slide. I could believe that kiko adjusted to only touch him when he saw him start to slide, then he went down awkwardly and his head was in the wrong place. Up until he slid, kiko had every right to come at him hard to stop him from making that 1st down.

How did neon Deon justify it?

gak

<Gold Donor>

You'd have to be a city full of cuck liberals begging to breed your own race out of existence to think of something like that... oh wait.

We went through the same thing here. The teachers union pension bought a large percentage of one of our local teams and suddenly the notices started: "Getting expensive big-time players and winning is now secondary to making sure the team is culturally diverse and encouraging overall diversity in sports to combat racism."

Kitty cat was cute running around, and Joe had the good thousand yard stare after that hit.

f.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think it was a dirty hit at all. Flacco decided to slide .3 seconds before Kiko was in his face.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Just watched the flacco hit. My first thought was "What the fuck happened to his helmet, did it disintegrate?" Then other angles showed it just plopped down behind him. I'm not sure how a helmet does that.

Anyway, that first angle didn't look like a dirty hit. Subsequent angles did, but none of them looked blantantly bad to me. Unless kiko has a history of that shit like suh. Joe was doing some kind of idiot slide that's not the safe space hook slide. I could believe that kiko adjusted to only touch him when he saw him start to slide, then he went down awkwardly and his head was in the wrong place. Up until he slid, kiko had every right to come at him hard to stop him from making that 1st down.

IMG_0621.JPG

In this picture they are about 3.5 yards apart and moving towards each other. I mean, if I'm a defender running full speed at a guy and he slides at the last second, I'm not going to risk myself injury by planting a foot, contorting my body and resort to acrobatics in an effort to avoid him. I'm gonna truck the shit out of him instead.

I don't disagree with the penalty though. I don't think contact could have been avoided, but contact to the head probably could have been.

This is Kiko's only personal foul in 4 seasons. He's a linebacker that's running after a QB at full speed to try and stop him from converting a 3rd and 10, and Flacco slid late.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, was a hard hit to avoid and at the same time they are still going to penalize it 100% of the time because it looks like he didnt try to let up. If he had made an attempt to pull up and not drive through his head there is probably no concussion and making your QB leave the game early.

But its Flacco and the Ratbirds, so I enjoyed it heartily.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
an announcer during the post-game coverage said "that kitty got more yards than the Dolphins did." i lol'd.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't think it was a dirty hit at all. Flacco decided to slide .3 seconds before Kiko was in his face.
I agree. They had some players on that are tought to aim for the running QBs helmet because they are supposed to slide and it should be a safe tackle then. Flacco didnt slide well and was to late.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Deion is essentially saying that QB's are pussies and there are too many restrictive rules against the defense. And he's not entirely wrong, but the league is changing in an attempt to be safer due to all the head injuries. So there is no point in railing against it anymore.

And it really looked like Alonso lowered his shoulder into Flacco's head, but that is only clear in slow motion. I'm sure at full speed it wouldn't be anything like that.

The big problem I see is the fact that with some of these athletic QB's, they are going to try and get us many yards as they can, and even slightly fake going out of bounds. So the defense is essentially damned if they do, damned if they don't. You don't try to take him out, and he will get extra yards. You go after him and he decides to go out of bounds/slide and you get a penalty. It's a shitty spot for the defense.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And it really looked like Alonso lowered his shoulder into Flacco's head, but that is only clear in slow motion. I'm sure at full speed it wouldn't be anything like that.

This was my issue with it. Seemed like he angled down to still lay the wood as Flacco was sliding lower. I'd rather err on the side of caution with this sort of shit too. We lose enough QB's already to legit hits.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I've noticed Wilson pulling that "I'm going out of bounds, you better not touch me!" followed by "Haha no I'm not!" where he either gets a few extra yards when a defender backs off or a flag/looking around at refs for a flag if he doesn't.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I've noticed Wilson pulling that "I'm going out of bounds, you better not touch me!" followed by "Haha no I'm not!" where he either gets a few extra yards when a defender backs off or a flag/looking around at refs for a flag if he doesn't.

That's my beef. If the QB makes any second attempt at yards, the safe QB rules do not apply.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Deion is essentially saying that QB's are pussies and there are too many restrictive rules against the defense. And he's not entirely wrong, but the league is changing in an attempt to be safer due to all the head injuries. So there is no point in railing against it anymore.

The big problem I see is the fact that with some of these athletic QB's, they are going to try and get us many yards as they can, and even slightly fake going out of bounds. So the defense is essentially damned if they do, damned if they don't. You don't try to take him out, and he will get extra yards. You go after him and he decides to go out of bounds/slide and you get a penalty. It's a shitty spot for the defense.

Yeah, what exactly are these guys supposed to do at full speed? I've seen some really iffy penalties with roughing the passer and the defense can't touch them while running too? As you say, defense doesn't have a chance. Does anyone wonder how those shitty running QBs like Kaep actually found success at one time? Hell, guys like Kuechly get smashed all game long but you better not touch the QB. Even when he weighs more...

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Agreed on situations like what you're describing defender should be able to make a hit

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Alonso lead with his shoulder and was clearly trying to light Flacco up. Yea maybe he didn't use his helmet as a missile but he wasn't trying to wrap him up.

He was going for the highlight reel, but Flacco slid at the last possible second and paid for it.

Alonso should be fined, but not suspended. QBs get too much leeway.

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
All the limp dick faggotry in the last few pages makes me glad I quit watching this shit 15 years ago.

Time for more protests for diversity!

Any tranny cheerleaders show up yet?

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
All this hype around Reuben Foster and he can't even fucking stay healthy to play.

And look at that, the 49ers continue to drop fucking passes. This is awful