NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Go ahead and tell me all the talent GB has outside of Aaron. I'll wait.
GB has put more starters from the draft second to only the Steelers in the past 20 years.

GB is 3rd in players selected to the pro bowl in the last 10 years (3 of which went undrafted)

They also won a SB in the Rodgers era (Fuck you Mendenhall for that fumble) and still went to the NFC CCG last year while being next to only the Vikings in injuries.

Yea, what a god awful terrible franchise thats been put around Rodgers.....fucking drooling mongoloids.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Heard Jim Rome on a CBS Sports Minute while in the car.

This little man said, verbatim, "... the Green Bay Packers aren't the same without Rodgers. That's why they pay me this money, because I am not scared to say it".

Just incredible foresight. What a forward-thinker.. It's a shame Jim Everett didn't kill him.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wow a team is different without their best player? Except for the Bengals. They suck with and without AJ Green.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Heard Jim Rome on a CBS Sports Minute while in the car.

This little man said, verbatim, "... the Green Bay Packers aren't the same without Rodgers. That's why they pay me this money, because I am not scared to say it".

Just incredible foresight. What a forward-thinker.. It's a shame Jim Everett didn't kill him.
You mean Chris Everett?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Wow a team is different without their best player? Except for the Bengals. They suck with and without AJ Green.
0530_spo_ldn-l-rams-ota08_23926509_745317.jpg

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
CBS Sports Minute

Seriously. It's titled "11/7 Jim Rome Sports Minute on the Packers".

I had to double take when he said that shit. Like this guy legitimately believes he's ahead of the curve here. What in the actual fuck. What a fucking mental midget.

• 2Solidarity

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
GB has put more starters from the draft second to only the Steelers in the past 20 years.

GB is 3rd in players selected to the pro bowl in the last 10 years (3 of which went undrafted)

They also won a SB in the Rodgers era (Fuck you Mendenhall for that fumble) and still went to the NFC CCG last year while being next to only the Vikings in injuries.

Yea, what a god awful terrible franchise thats been put around Rodgers.....fucking drooling mongoloids.

They’ve won 1 super bowl with Aaron Rodgers. That’s embarrassing.

• 1Cutler

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Rest of your stats/info are meaningful, but more starters from the draft doesn't mean a hell of a lot when GB doesn't play in free agency as often as other teams.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rest of your stats/info are meaningful, but more starters from the draft doesn't mean a hell of a lot when GB doesn't play in free agency as often as other teams.
Neither do teams like NE, Pittsburgh etc

When you have good teams year in and year out, you dont need to hit the well a lot in FA, especially when you draft well

You get a guy here or there to fill a gap: Julius Peppers, Bennett, etc.

There's probably fans of close to 30 other franchises who would love to have the suck of the Packers. Boo-hoo

And idk of any teams in recent memory every year which get as fucked as that team with injuries. Speaking of....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ries-packers-ot-bryan-bulaga-suffers-torn-acl

Last edited:

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well on to this weeks games.

I feel much better this week b/c last week I had to cheer for Dallas in the shadows which shamed me deep in my soul, but needed that Chiefs loss. Some good games on the slate this week, Cowboys vs Falcons, Vikes at Skins, and maybe the Broncos can redeem themselves this week vs the Patsies being at home (one can hope right?).

• 2Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Week 9 DVOA Ratings

Football Outsiders has been driving the Los Angeles Rams bandwagon since I first put together early projections for ESPN Insider in April. Readers were surprised to open up Football Outsiders Almanac 2017 and find the Rams with a mean projection of 8.0 wins. Our preseason simulation put the Rams in the playoffs 38 percent of the time.
oXOgHZC.jpg

But I never, ever, thought we would be talking about the 2017 Los Angeles Rams as the best team in the NFL.

And yet, according to DVOA, that's what the Rams have been. After flaying the rotting carcass of what used to be the New York Giants, by the score of 51-17, the Rams move past the Pittsburgh Steelers and take over the No. 1 spot in DVOA this week.

U7pQtVQ.gif

It has been a long, long time since the Rams were this good. The Rams had not been in the DVOA top ten any later than Week 1 since they ranked No. 6 in Week 8 of 2003. They were last No. 1 in Week 4 of 2001. (Despite going 14-2, that Rams team was behind the Philadelphia Eagles in DVOA for most of the season.) The offense also hasn't been any higher than tenth since Week 7 of 2004.

weird_kitsch_low_brow_ram_smoking_a_cigarette_canvas_print-r2793ccddb3684ab193432bdab7d5cd39_wta_8byvr_324.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Agreed. Most of this is on McCarthy imo.

Saints only won 1 with Brees, Colts only won 1 with Greater Manning. Not sure why people think just having a good QB makes winning titles easy. Not every team can derp into multiple titles like Eli

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saints only won 1 with Brees, Colts only won 1 with Greater Manning. Not sure why people think just having a good QB makes winning titles easy. Not every team can derp into multiple titles like Eli

Saints have also been saddled with a historically bad defense for a number of years lately...see this year when they have a real D and what's happened? They have a running game as well with Ingram and Kamara. Funny thing is Colts SHOULD have beat the Saints in that Super Bowl...that dropped pass over the middle that would have went for a TD and the onside kick to start the 2nd half.

I have no idea if Rodgers and the Packers would have beaten the Pats couple years ago in the SB, but McCarthy was the major reason they blew that NFC championship game to Seattle when there's no way they should have lost that game.

I don't think it makes it easy, but Rodgers should have been back to the SB at least (like Greater Manning was with Colts) one other time.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
All this talk of elite QBs winning only one SB and no one's brought up Flacco?