NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Heeeey, how's it going buddy? How's your team doing?
Not impressed with that cupcake schedule. Win 3 of 5 from Seahawks, Eagles, Texans, Vikings & Saints and I'll color myself impressed. Basically I'm not a Goff believer... I've always thought the defense was solid, it was the offense that stunk. Perhaps he proves me wrong, apparently coaching changes make a big difference for young QBs. Who knew?!

And the Giants blow. There's no getting around that. Shit happens right? I just want McAdoo gone asap.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Never would have thought Bengals would be one of the most sober.
Its some mobile-centric BAC testing company crossed with a Twitter map of fans, I don't think its really representative of the NFL fans as a whole. 5 teams aren't even on there because according to the Twitter map they have no fans. You can't tell me that Raiders and Jets fans are sober.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You could make that argument. I personally think Davante has emerged as the #1. Certainly the better redzone and 50/50 guy.

I could buy 50/50, not so much red zone. Or maybe it's just Jordy gets far more separation in the RZ. Tough to rate this season since Nelson has been dinged up all year and Rodgers only played X amount of games.

That said, Jordy is still tied for 3rd in TD's this year with 6 (behind only Texans duo of Hopkins and Fuller...minor spoiler, none of those 3 will be in the top 5 by the end of the year with Hundley and Savage in), and led all receivers with 14 TD's last year. So not sure I can buy better red zone.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or maybe it's just Jordy gets far more separation in the RZ
Correct. If you ever watch Packers games, Nelson doesn't lack red targets, but they're typically not big-body receiver plays like fade patterns, but more typically designed plays where Jordy can get separation going across the field or towards the sideline, or broken plays. If you watched week 3 vs. the Bengals, Jordy scored twice, once on a broken play and the second time on a designed roll-out. Same thing in the following week against the Bears -- one play is a designed pick with Jordy in the slot, the second Jordy literally sets up camp in the corner of the end zone and no one thinks to cover him.

Where as if you look at the Packers winning TD pass vs. the Cowboys, it's literally just "Davante, go up and get it."

My point was Davante is better at catching contested balls, specifically fades, meaning he's built more for the redzone than Nelson. He has a 63% contested catch rate where as Jordy only has 17%. I do think Jordy is more refined in his route running and understanding Rodgers tendencies on broken plays (which happens a lot because that line sucks something awful),but Adams is probably the #1 going forward given Jordy's age and declining health.

Maybe I'm just racist against white receivers, though. To be fair, I like Jordy a lot, and he should've been included with Aaron and Davante, but I was trying to make a point by being hyperbolic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Its some mobile-centric BAC testing company crossed with a Twitter map of fans, I don't think its really representative of the NFL fans as a whole. 5 teams aren't even on there because according to the Twitter map they have no fans. You can't tell me that Raiders and Jets fans are sober.

idk, it totally makes sense that Buffalo and Detroit are the top two, seems accurate to me.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zeke suspension reinstated (.....for now?).

This drama llama needs to stop one way or the other.

• 1Solidarity

Armin

Peasant
Zeke suspension reinstated (.....for now?).

This drama llama needs to stop one way or the other.

It will. They will write the next CBA to drastically curtail player due process and dare them to miss game checks to fight it.

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He is threatening to bite 31 other owners because he is a dick. Jones is the papa johns of the nfl, not a leader.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Correct. If you ever watch Packers games, Nelson doesn't lack red targets, but they're typically not big-body receiver plays like fade patterns, but more typically designed plays where Jordy can get separation going across the field or towards the sideline, or broken plays. If you watched week 3 vs. the Bengals, Jordy scored twice, once on a broken play and the second time on a designed roll-out. Same thing in the following week against the Bears -- one play is a designed pick with Jordy in the slot, the second Jordy literally sets up camp in the corner of the end zone and no one thinks to cover him.

Where as if you look at the Packers winning TD pass vs. the Cowboys, it's literally just "Davante, go up and get it."

My point was Davante is better at catching contested balls, specifically fades, meaning he's built more for the redzone than Nelson. He has a 63% contested catch rate where as Jordy only has 17%. I do think Jordy is more refined in his route running and understanding Rodgers tendencies on broken plays (which happens a lot because that line sucks something awful),but Adams is probably the #1 going forward given Jordy's age and declining health.

Maybe I'm just racist against white receivers, though. To be fair, I like Jordy a lot, and he should've been included with Aaron and Davante, but I was trying to make a point by being hyperbolic.

He can be "built" more for the RZ, but there's also something to be said for those great route runners that can get separation and find the dead spots against zones. I love that you just admit that he should have been included, and I agree that at some point going forward Davante will probably take over that role (Hundley seems to target him more, fwiw). I still think Jordy is the best receiver on the Packers, currently though. I think their running game isn't bad with Montgomery and Jones, to be honest. Rodgers has never really overly used his TE's, but Bennett really didn't do much...although now he's back on the Pats probably to get another ring, which is insane.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
He is threatening to bite 31 other owners because he is a dick. Jones is the papa johns of the nfl, not a leader.

While true, and while his age has lessened his influence(among other things), I don't think he's wrong here. The only positive for most people about Goodell was his ability to bring in loads of money for the NFL. Now that it's bringing in less while 6-7 drama filled events happen every year? It's an understatement to say Goodell isn't very good at his job.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
oh god, these seahawks color rush uniforms are raping my eyes

#metoo

• 1Solidarity

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Also I know it's not new but these Seahawks jerseys look fucking ridiculous

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit what is this cancer? Did the highlighters fall out of a_skeleton_03's nose or some shit? To top it off, russel wilson has fucking make-up on in his introduction pic. Why did I have visit family when I'd be forced to sit down and watch the gayest game of the year.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users