NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If you are Jerry Jones, do you:

A) threaten 31 business owners
B) Cry like a baby in the corner
C) Own the shittiest team marketed like its the first because inbreding?

btw, fuck you any and all coyboy fans

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This statement while statistically true, is pretty misleading with the way the Redskins have treated their white QB.

Seriously though the NFL doesn't give the luxury of racism. Its a show me league. People are always trying to do what they think will best help the team. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes coaches and management are pretty retarded.

Their white QB has/is getting $44 million in guaranteed money this year and last. Not bad.

I agree it doesn't have the luxury of it in general, but lets not go full crazy mode at the slightest mention of race playing a factor when we're talking about the QB position. The stigma still exists today at the QB position. I do believe it's better than it has been in the past, but it's still absolutely present in the NFL when it comes to quarterbacks.

Again though, I don't think it applied in this case, it was a guy playing poorly last couple of weeks and they wanted to shake it up. They obviously put him right back in after what Peterman did.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Lol had the sound off on the game, just noticed Elliott is not in the game, if I lose this week because a fucking kicker got a concussion just lmao

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Their white QB has/is getting $44 million in guaranteed money this year and last. Not bad.

I agree it doesn't have the luxury of it in general, but lets not go full crazy mode at the slightest mention of race playing a factor when we're talking about the QB position. The stigma still exists today at the QB position. I do believe it's better than it has been in the past, but it's still absolutely present in the NFL when it comes to quarterbacks.

Again though, I don't think it applied in this case, it was a guy playing poorly last couple of weeks and they wanted to shake it up. They obviously put him right back in after what Peterman did.

I just don't see it. Sure, even up thru the 90s but Michael Vick was the top pick in 2001. Opportunities in college were limited and the position has been the most important and hardest to get right for over 3 decades. Show me the absolutely amazing black QBs given less chances since Vick. I just don't see where if every position doesn't have 70% black, then, 'Houston, we have a problem.'

Merrith

Lol had the sound off on the game, just noticed Elliott is not in the game, if I lose this week because a fucking kicker got a concussion just lmao

After Cooks went off for Pats, I was only up ~17 points in my match up with opponent having Elliott and Witten tonight, and Julio Jones tomorrow night at Seattle. Suddenly with the Elliott thing I'm back on life support.

Merrith

I just don't see it. Sure, even up thru the 90s but Michael Vick was the top pick in 2001. Opportunities in college were limited and the position has been the most important and hardest to get right for over 3 decades. Show me the absolutely amazing black QBs given less chances since Vick. I just don't see where if every position doesn't have 70% black, then, 'Houston, we have a problem.'

Vick always had the stigma regarding his passing (you always hear it, the pocket passer stigma). Now with some of the running QB's in college, it was a legit issue going to the pros (RG3 rings a bell). Once his legs were gone, he couldn't do much. But that stigma has still been applied to guys from Cam Newton, to Winston, to everyone's favorite guy to hate Kaepernick. Kaep for guys who really pay attention made a lot of strides as a passer last season, and put up nice TD:Int ratio on a absolutely terrible team. Hell Watson's draft position took slight hit just from the concern he couldn't be a dynamite passer in the pros.

I absolutely agree with you that it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, guys like Wilson winning a SB and showing he can throw the ball downfield as good as almost anybody have a way of trumping stigma...but it still exists in spots around the league.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Vick always had the stigma regarding his passing (you always hear it, the pocket passer stigma). Now with some of the running QB's in college, it was a legit issue going to the pros (RG3 rings a bell). Once his legs were gone, he couldn't do much. But that stigma has still been applied to guys from Cam Newton, to Winston, to everyone's favorite guy to hate Kaepernick. Kaep for guys who really pay attention made a lot of strides as a passer last season, and put up nice TD:Int ratio on a absolutely terrible team. Hell Watson's draft position took slight hit just from the concern he couldn't be a dynamite passer in the pros.

I absolutely agree with you that it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, guys like Wilson winning a SB and showing he can throw the ball downfield as good as almost anybody have a way of trumping stigma...but it still exists in spots around the league.

Wait you think pocket passer is code for black and not the fact Vick was not very accurate? His most accurate year is 62% and most of his career is in the 50s with dips into the 40s.

Mike Vick: Career Stats at NFL.com

Wilson on the other hand has never had less than 62%. They are not even in the same league.

Russell Wilson: Career Stats at NFL.com

Has nothing to do with color and everything to do with ability. Wilson is a good passer that is not in a pass first offense . Vick never was a good passer.

In any given year teams want to replace half the starting QB's in the league, most of whom are white, not because of their skin color but because they kind of suck and QB is the most important position in the game.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Wait you think pocket passer is code for black and not the fact Vick was not very accurate? His most accurate year is 62% and most of his career is in the 50s with dips into the 40s.

Mike Vick: Career Stats at NFL.com

Wilson on the other hand has never had less than 62%. They are not even in the same league.

Russell Wilson: Career Stats at NFL.com

Has nothing to do with color and everything to do with ability. Wilson is a good passer that is not in a pass first offense . Vick never was a good passer.

In any given year teams want to replace half the starting QB's in the league, most of whom are white, not because of their skin color but because they kind of suck and QB is the most important position in the game.

I wasn't trying to compare Wilson and Vick as passers. The two are not the same. Although Vick's passing depth probably hurt his completion % quite a bit (something that Cam suffers from as well, because both tend to throw it further downfield). But he was a better passer than given credit for, especially in his good years. Consistency was definitely an issue with him.

Again, I pointed out I don't think Taylor getting benched had ANYTHING to do with race at all...but the idea that there isn't ANY issues with race as far as the QB position goes even today is pretty nuts to believe.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't trying to compare Wilson and Vick as passers. The two are not the same. Although Vick's passing depth probably hurt his completion % quite a bit (something that Cam suffers from as well, because both tend to throw it further downfield). But he was a better passer than given credit for, especially in his good years. Consistency was definitely an issue with him.

Again, I pointed out I don't think Taylor getting benched had ANYTHING to do with race at all...but the idea that there isn't ANY issues with race as far as the QB position goes even today is pretty nuts to believe.

I am not trying to bust your balls I just don't believe it and have not seen any evidence of it. Its a league literally filled with minorities. Maybe thirty years ago but not today. Three of the 10 or so star QB's in the league are black.

Merrith

I am not trying to bust your balls I just don't believe it and have not seen any evidence of it. Its a league literally filled with minorities. Maybe thirty years ago but not today. Three of the 10 or so star QB's in the league are black.

Like I said, it's far better now than it used to be. But stigmas are still present, and do have an effect at times. Again, I don't think they had anything to do with Taylor benching. Just saying it still exists in certain places around the league.