NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder what headline Jones will be tomorrow?

Can't do it on feild or off

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Jones is going to blame this season on Goodell and the Eliott stuff. Dude is going to have a massive grudge and I don't think it is going away.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Daez I hope you didn't lose because of that injury, but suddenly I have a good sweat going into tomorrow night up 15 going against Julio.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Dak not looking so hot without the best OL in football to lean on.

FTFY

Fair play to Iggles, they're looking really good. Dallas is an absolute side-show. Between injuries, all around dog shit play and Jerry being a senile old fuck head this season is done. Ah well, at least Okie State is great. Whoops.

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Vick always had the stigma regarding his passing (you always hear it, the pocket passer stigma). Now with some of the running QB's in college, it was a legit issue going to the pros (RG3 rings a bell). Once his legs were gone, he couldn't do much. But that stigma has still been applied to guys from Cam Newton, to Winston, to everyone's favorite guy to hate Kaepernick. Kaep for guys who really pay attention made a lot of strides as a passer last season, and put up nice TD:Int ratio on a absolutely terrible team. Hell Watson's draft position took slight hit just from the concern he couldn't be a dynamite passer in the pros.

I absolutely agree with you that it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, guys like Wilson winning a SB and showing he can throw the ball downfield as good as almost anybody have a way of trumping stigma...but it still exists in spots around the league.

For the QBs mentioned, these concerns were legitimate. Newton has always had accuracy issues. Winston had int and maturity issues(still went #1). Kaep's only good year in the pocket was with QB guru Kelly. Kelly made Folk look amazing and Sanchez decent at times. Guy could work with anything.

Watson's amazing and a mistake but I understand the reasoning. He had the same problem Mason Rudolph has this year. Is it him or those amazing WRs? Williams, Watkins, Montavius B, Hopkins. Clemson has pushed out some of the best WRs in the nation for the past 5 years and made Tajh Boyd look great. Wouldn't you question just a bit considering the importance of the position? Watson beating Bama's players up twice would have sold me but I'm a massive fan and biased as hell. I think Cleveland would be close to a 8 win team next year if they had drafted Watson. Instead, they are the same old Browns.

This just isn't an issue today. It's trying to find a problem anywhere they can.

Merrith

FTFY

Fair play to Iggles, they're looking really good. Dallas is an absolute side-show. Between injuries, all around dog shit play and Jerry being a senile old fuck head this season is done. Ah well, at least Okie State is great. Whoops.

Some of us tried to tell Ambi and others that line was no longer #1. Even worse with an injury or two.

Merrith

For the QBs mentioned, these concerns were legitimate. Newton has always had accuracy issues. Winston had int and maturity issues(still went #1). Kaep's only good year in the pocket was with QB guru Kelly. Kelly made Folk look amazing and Sanchez decent at times. Guy could work with anything.

Watson's amazing and a mistake but I understand the reasoning. He had the same problem Mason Rudolph has this year. Is it him or those amazing WRs? Williams, Watkins, Montavius B, Hopkins. Clemson has pushed out some of the best WRs in the nation for the past 5 years and made Tajh Boyd look great. Wouldn't you question just a bit considering the importance of the position? Watson beating Bama's players up twice would have sold me but I'm a massive fan and biased as hell.

This just isn't an issue today. It's trying to find a problem anywhere they can.

Newton's accuracy takes a hit because he doesn't throw a lot of dump offs. You throw it further downfield on average, your completion % is going to suffer. Agreed it still could be better, though. Not sure I'd say that's Kaep's only good year in the pocket, but even with Kelly he had terrible receivers on a bad team. Nothing wrong with getting help from a QB guru either. Look at Goff from last year to this year under McVay. It makes a difference.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I really can't wait for the Saints/Eagles playoff game. I only hope the winner can still put up a fight against the Patriots.

What I can wait for? The absolute fucking beating the Steelers will lay on the Packers. I can't believe this didn't get flexed out, nationwide Packers / Steelers fans or not.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
how bout that dak prescott? woohoooo he is my guy

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I really can't wait for the Saints/Eagles playoff game. I only hope the winner can still put up a fight against the Patriots.

What I can wait for? The absolute fucking beating the Steelers will lay on the Packers. I can't believe this didn't get flexed out, nationwide Packers / Steelers fans or not.

As long as someone from the NFC can beat them, it's all good.

• 1Barf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Some of us tried to tell Ambi and others that line was no longer #1. Even worse with an injury or two.

It's amazing the difference Smith makes, but aside from that - the depth on that offensive front is a complete fucking joke. Zeke being out there tonight would've helped, but Smith is the most important player on that side of the ball. 1 TD in 2 games against average defenses says it all.

Wentz is a stud though, really impressed with him this season. Annoying as fuck. Honestly almost hoping this JJ powerplay bullshit blows up in his wrinkled smug face. Sick of the mid game cut aways to him and his fat fuck son

Merrith

Yeah I think Eagles/Saints clearly top two, I'd almost give edge to Saints overall in NFC based on experience...but NFC might have other teams floating in there like Minnesota, Rams, Panthers, Seahawks, even the Lions potentially. NFC playoffs should be ridiculously good.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im so glad the Ravens offense sucks, because their D is flat out nasty. (My FF team thanks to them for the win)

If I was the Raiders owner Marshawn Lynch would have been off the fucking team and could ask the Mexican govt for a flight home. Fuck you faggot. What a slap in the face.

• 1Like

Merrith

Heard rumor league contacted the Redskins to say they got the intentional grounding penalty wrong near the end of regulation.

Kind of sucks when at that point the ball was on the 34 in a tie game with 28 seconds left. Run it once, kick a 50 yarder for the win and whatevs. Would be a dick punch if true after the "fumble" bs on final drive down 5 to the Eagles in Week 1.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im so glad the Ravens offense sucks, because their D is flat out nasty. (My FF team thanks to them for the win)

If I was the Raiders owner Marshawn Lynch would have been off the fucking team and could ask the Mexican govt for a flight home. Fuck you faggot. What a slap in the face.

Lookout! Woodhead is back!

Yeah, that really doesn't help much.... Nothing does.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think its going to come down to Kareem Hunt vs Kamara for OROTY now that Deshaun Watson is out. Crazy part is Kamara is doing it in a timeshare, didnt play much early in the season, and is catching up in yards/tds with Hunt.

Saints might have both rookies actually because Lattimore is arguably the best defensive rookie right now too. Amazing what one good draft can do for a franchise.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just check in to say I’ll be very disappointed when Jason Garrett is brought back next year.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Chiefs are terrible now.

This has been a crazy season. Patriots still look like favorites. We should be talking about if they will make it back to the Super Bowl after losing it last year to the Falcons. But instead it is the defending champions doing what they do, winning. The only constant left in the NFL at this point.

Eagles look good. At 9-1 you cant say they have been lucky or had a soft schedule, they have beat quality teams and have done it while scoring a ton of points. I always favored good-bad teams who can score, rather than a good-bad team that had a dominant defense but cant score. And yes, i do think the Eagles are a good-bad team. Key word was they "look" good. But I know there is still some bad there. Either Wentz is going to start making bad decisions again, or they will suffer a key injury on defense and start giving up a ton of points, something is going to happen to them. No way they finish 14-2 or whatever, I think they will finish at like 11-5 or 12-4, which is still very good, but come playoff time I dont see them beating Seattle or even Atlanta. They could probably get past the Vikings or Saints, and maybe even Seattle because of the injuries, but I just feel like the Eagles have peaked and they will come back down to earth.

49ers wont finish the season without a win! Now we get to see Jimmy G next week, and Rueben Foster has 24 tackles in 2 games including multiple tackles for loss and has been flying around. He will be commanding the defense soon once he gets more reps and will be an All Pro ala Willis/Bowman by 2019.

• 1Picard