NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Report: Steelers minority owners push for coaching change

SO how do actual Steelers fans feel? Does Tomlin deserve to be canned?

I think they jus got unlucky being very good in the same era as the Brady/Belichick Patriots imo a different coach would not have changed that.

I mean, obviously the Patriots thing is true. But there's always been Steelers fans that think Tomlin's Super Bowl was more inheriting what Cowher had built (it was also the year the 11-5 Patriots without Brady didn't make the playoffs) and that he isn't the best head coach. I think he has good qualities, but also makes questionable decisions at times. Frankly the real reason they are out is that defense was far too dependent on Shazier, and was not very good at all in general the 2nd half of the season.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Disagree. I think they would have won at least another SB if Cowher stuck around.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Disagree. I think they would have won at least another SB if Cowher stuck around.
Entirely possible. There's really only a handful of really good coaches at the NFL level, then some coaches that can be pretty good for awhile in the right situation. Aside from Cowher sticking around or coming back, I'm not sure there were really many coaching options that would have made a huge difference.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Personally I don't really rate Tomlin much, but i don't think he's really hurt them too much either.

I guess i could go either way but given your reliance on an old Big Ben and Bell (Who by virtue of being an RB is always 1 day from falling off the cliff to utter uselessness) you may as well roll the dice and change coaches Imo.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tell ya what, that boy ain't right.

0lUryqB.png
SMH, sexy ass munn picture tho:emoji_eyes:

Fadaar

That guy
Tomlin and McCarthy the two most overrated coaches in the league and there's nobody else even close. Tomlin won with pretty much the same team that Cowher won with and McCarthy with arguably the best defense the the Packers have ever had along with some guy named Aaron Rodgers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Everyone pretty much agrees McCarthy is a main reason why Rodgers doesn't have multiple rings.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Everyone pretty much agrees McCarthy is a main reason why Rodgers doesn't have multiple rings.

I'm beginning to feel that for Payton in NO. Brees is right up there and he has one. One part of the Saints or another is always a dumpster fire. Their DC is always shit too.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm beginning to feel that for Payton in NO. Brees is right up there and he has one. One part of the Saints or another is always a dumpster fire. Their DC is always shit too.
Are we going to talk about this year, they were fine until Sunday

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Are we going to talk about this year, they were fine until Sunday

Why not? GB under McCarthy has a .633 reg season record and one ring. Saints under Payton, .597 record and one ring. Hell, Cowboys under Garrett aren't too far off at .558 but no rings. Tell me the difference between McCarthy and Payton? Because both have had a HoF QB under the helm for their entire tenure. Is it the feel good story all the way back in 2009?!

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Tomlin fired? Meh, dude is a cheerleader. He's never been anything more than that. As long as his offensive and defensive coordinators are running the show, I don't think it matters that much. (Although the refusal to let your veteran QB audible to a fucking QB sneak is insanity.)

There were reports that Roethlisberger and Haley weren't even talking. So, that dude obviously has to go.
And Butler should go for letting the fucking Jags drop 45 on his defense. I didn't see it here, so this may or may not be a repeated stat. But, apparently the Jags ran 61 offensive plays and only had 1 negative play - when they had a kneeldown in the first half. How the fuck does that even happen? While Butler should be fired, he might get protected by the loss of Shazier, even though the team was healthy as fuck this year.

Merrith

I mean, if guy doesn't miss tackle, Saints are going to Philly to play Nick Foles for a shot at another Super Bowl. But I guess that just goes to show how rare the opportunities are, if you're not the Pats, and you have to take advantage.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I mean, if guy doesn't miss tackle, Saints are going to Philly to play Nick Foles for a shot at another Super Bowl. But I guess that just goes to show how rare the opportunities are, if you're not the Pats, and you have to take advantage.

Or if the DC had proper coverage? Ten seconds left, no TOs, opponent on their 39 and either need a TD or FG. Their kicker's longest FG ever is 57 yards which means they need a 21 yard completion near out of bounds. You just called a TO the last play. You should have practiced this shit all year. Saints have a four man rush and no deep zone. WTF is that??! Do you really put your entire season on a rookie DBs shoulders? I like the Saints, think Payton is a great coach overall but his DCs...good God. Every damn year, gotta worry about that D. I know that's harsh but damn, it makes no sense.

• 1Like

Merrith

Or if the DC had proper coverage? Ten seconds left, no TOs, opponent on their 39 and either need a TD or FG. Their kicker's longest FG ever is 57 yards which means they need a 21 yard completion near out of bounds. You just called a TO the last play. You should have practiced this shit all year. Saints have a four man rush and no deep zone. WTF is that??! Do you really put your entire season on a rookie DBs shoulders? I like the Saints, think Payton is a great coach overall but his DCs...good God. Every damn year, gotta worry about that D. I know that's harsh but damn, it makes no sense.

Guy was where he needed to be to make the play. Every time a team only rushes 3, QB has so much time and manages to pull something crazy off and everyone is like "why only rush 3?"

We can't be basically roasting this kid for the worst misplay ever while saying they didn't have the right D to stop them called, too. He was in position, he just made one of the most horrific plays in history...that will cost you a game that close.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Nothing wrong with the play call. The DB and the safety were both there and 9/10 times the game ends there, 1/10 times the Vikings have to try a long FG with a shitty kicker, and .000000001/10 the safety misses the receiver and takes out the DB out of the play as well.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, it was a rare event. If he whiffs and didn't take out the other saint, there's still a good chance it's only a field goal attempt or maybe even a tackle in bounds.

It's just a rare shit play.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Nothing wrong with the play call. The DB and the safety were both there and 9/10 times the game ends there, 1/10 times the Vikings have to try a long FG with a shitty kicker, and .000000001/10 the safety misses the receiver and takes out the DB out of the play as well.

You mean like the time Denver beat Pittsburgh because the WR beat coverage? At least most miracle plays have a hail mary pass finding a way into the right hands. This was single coverage with only a very select .00000001/10 chance of fucking it up. You know, like rushing four and not having a proper zone on the sidelines to prevent...well, this. Why allow that chance?

Merrith

You mean like the time Denver beat Pittsburgh because the WR beat coverage? At least most miracle plays have a hail mary pass finding a way into the right hands. This was single coverage with only a very select .00000001/10 chance of fucking it up. You know, like rushing four and not having a proper zone on the sidelines to prevent...well, this. Why allow that chance?

Any play where the last guy back fucks up such an easy play in such a royally huge way this is going to happen.

That's why everyone knows who Rahim Moore and Marcus Williams are, and will 5 and 10 years from now.

• 2Solidarity