NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why not? GB under McCarthy has a .633 reg season record and one ring. Saints under Payton, .597 record and one ring. Hell, Cowboys under Garrett aren't too far off at .558 but no rings. Tell me the difference between McCarthy and Payton? Because both have had a HoF QB under the helm for their entire tenure. Is it the feel good story all the way back in 2009?!
It was one pass that ended their season this year, it didn’t seem like they were going to lose that game

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I don't really know what the thought process was there, but maybe it is just the first change coming down the line.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not if big Ben can't check to a qb sneak, granted they would have won if they just kicked the field goal.

EDIT big Ben doesn't like him at all

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not if big Ben can't check to a qb sneak, granted they would have won if they just kicked the field goal.

EDIT big Ben doesn't like him at all

Thought I read that they had talked and he wanted continuity among the coaching staff

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Come on guys. Ben throwing people under the bus. Muttering about retirement in the middle of a season. Saying he wanted continuity when he really wants the OC out. etc etc. Totally out of character. :rolleyes:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or if the DC had proper coverage? Ten seconds left, no TOs, opponent on their 39 and either need a TD or FG. Their kicker's longest FG ever is 57 yards which means they need a 21 yard completion near out of bounds. You just called a TO the last play. You should have practiced this shit all year. Saints have a four man rush and no deep zone. WTF is that??! Do you really put your entire season on a rookie DBs shoulders? I like the Saints, think Payton is a great coach overall but his DCs...good God. Every damn year, gotta worry about that D. I know that's harsh but damn, it makes no sense.
I will say it feels like our defense has an identity again. Something they lost during bounty gate. Can't deny SP and Dennis Allen gave these men a system to buy into and they bought into it. Sure, I've had plenty of armchair coach moments where I think a mistake was made(I think losing to the bucs week 17 was fully on the coaching in the last 2 and 1/2 minutes of the game), but being an armchair coach is a lot like being an armchair quarterback.
reading things like that (even when they are written with such bias) makes is very easy for me to loathe the Saints even more
Thanks I guess? Funny you have to be successful to have haters. I don't remember anyone hating the saints pre-brees/payton era.