NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I honestly expected this game to be close. The Vikes did not have a lot of quality wins and their offense has been sporadic down the stretch. With the benefit of hindsight, I think they had an easy walk into the first round bye that made them seem a lot better than they actually are. If Rodgers does not get his collar bone busted, the Vikes are probably a wild card team this year and its the Pack D getting cornholed on national TV (again) this weekend.

Edit- Kill shot there. Upside is that the Philly fans will tear their shithole town down and will likely get destroyed by the Pats in two weeks. Downside is that Pats will become even more insufferable.
/stolenbikecomic.jpg

Wasn't it like week whatever after the Eagles lost to someone we were saying they didn't have many "quality wins" either? Has its uses, but a bit over dramatic about how telling it is. Teams can only play their schedule. Still not convinced Vikes don't win that division even with healthy Rodgers. Easy to come down with the paper tiger label after a loss like this, though.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So to win another Superbowl Brady has to go through Mariota, Bortles, and Foles.

Brutal.

New England Patriots open as 5.5-point favorites over Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LII at Westgate LV SuperBook. Total opens at 47.5.

Yeah, only the likes of Eli Manning can outplay the Evil Empire. That's the side effect of always having home field in the playoffs. By the time a team capable of maybe beating them gets to them, they have been pounded by either the Steelers or Ravens (or both). And the NFC is a revolving door. Outside of going 0-2 to Eli, Warner is probably the best QB Brady has had to beat in the SB and that was over a decade ago, until Matt Choke Artist shit the bed last year.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I honestly expected this game to be close. The Vikes did not have a lot of quality wins and their offense has been sporadic down the stretch. With the benefit of hindsight, I think they had an easy walk into the first round bye that made them seem a lot better than they actually are. If Rodgers does not get his collar bone busted, the Vikes are probably a wild card team this year and its the Pack D getting cornholed on national TV (again) this weekend.

What season were you watching? The vikings beat the Saints twice, beat the rams, beat the falcons, and beat the lions while they were still in the wildcard hunt. The Vikings beat every contender in the NFC this year except for the Eagles and Carolina(who they lost too on the road in the final minute). Vikings were a good football team, but they do what they always do, they don't show up for big games and make all the mistakes.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
784655387_907345.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Well, just going to pretend like this year never happened and pick up again next season

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I wasn't expecting this score but I expected an eagles win. I saw the falcons as a bigger test and I was deathly afraid of the saints. I didn't think we could win a shootout, I figured our D would be able to get to Keenum. I certainly didn't expect this rout though

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I really hope the Eagles play this well in 2 weeks, but I am not going to hold my breath

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wasn't it like week whatever after the Eagles lost to someone we were saying they didn't have many "quality wins" either? Has its uses, but a bit over dramatic about how telling it is. Teams can only play their schedule. Still not convinced Vikes don't win that division even with healthy Rodgers. Easy to come down with the paper tiger label after a loss like this, though.

I agree completely about the Eagles being as bad as the Vikes in that regard, though their division was more competitive. That's why I expected the game to be closer. I just did not think the Vikes would have a total meltdown on both sides of the ball. I figured their offense would struggle, but not their D at least to this degree. As it is, they have managed to put up the least competitive game of the entire playoffs and in the championship at that. I was expecting a 17-10 slopfest, especially with how the first quarter looked.

But one thing I have learned watching the Vikings over the years (and even rooting for them when Favre was QB) is that things tend to snowball for them when it goes bad. I more or less forgot that because I had a hard time believing Foles could move the ball on a team with a winning record. This has really not been a strong year for the NFC..

But yeah if Rogers does not go out this season, I am pretty confident the Packers win the division, but with our under-manned D, it would be us losing a shootout to Nick Foles right now, instead of the Vikings being taken behind the woodshed.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I wasn't expecting this score but I expected an eagles win. I saw the falcons as a bigger test and I was deathly afraid of the saints. I didn't think we could win a shootout, I figured our D would be able to get to Keenum. I certainly didn't expect this rout though

Gave Saints much less of a chance of winning (compared to Vikings) having to come to Philly and play outdoors.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He might have a better Defense, but I think the Deadskins recievers are superior to the Vikings.

• 3Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

He might have a better Defense, but I think the Deadskins recievers are superior to the Vikings.

If you mean last 2 years, you might have an argument (but still wrong imo). If you mean this year, this may be the silliest comment in this entire thread.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users