NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wasn't expecting much from the 49ers, but this is worse than I expected

To be fair, the Panthers are a bad matchup for the Niners. Their front 7 is bad ass and the o-line is our weak spot. It was an ugly, sloppy game and the score would have been worse if Cam Newton wasn't playing like dogshit but you can't really expect anything else in the first game of a team that was basically built from scratch in the off season including the coach and GM. Anyway, we still need a quarterback so there's no sense in winning too many games this year. On the plus side, Hyde looked great, as did Foster. I hope Foster's injury isn't serious.

Probably in for another ugly game in week 2.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Daezuel Daezuel

Thumbs-And-Ammo-Big-Lebowski.jpg

Great week of football already. Thank god its back

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea great week unless you drafted David Johnson. It's basically a lost season unless he comes back healthy as an ox in like week 10 and dominates the rest of the way.

I guess injury is just part of the game. It's never going away and someone always gets hurt you don't want to.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, the Panthers are a bad matchup for the Niners. Their front 7 is bad ass and the o-line is our weak spot. It was an ugly, sloppy game and the score would have been worse if Cam Newton wasn't playing like dogshit but you can't really expect anything else in the first game of a team that was basically built from scratch in the off season including the coach and GM. Anyway, we still need a quarterback so there's no sense in winning too many games this year. On the plus side, Hyde looked great, as did Foster. I hope Foster's injury isn't serious.

Probably in for another ugly game in week 2.
I think it was the amount of penalties and silly mistakes I found more irritating. However, I do have to remember it is a brand new head coach and a ton of young players. I am hopeful they will get it cleaned up.

But the offensive line, while I knew would be a weak spot, was worse than I expected. To your point though, the Panthers D Line is awesome. So I expect next week at Seattle to be even worse :(

Oh, and LOL at Marshawn. Never change!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Thanks bro. I was right, but he wasn't doing a very good job of blocking them both. It was just enough. I wonder if someone fucked up or if they were counting on getting it out quickly enough.

I remember seeing a profile on an eagles lineman (boom boom or bam bam?) who they counted on to block 2 people at once. What he'd do is knock one to the ground, then knock the second one to the ground. About that time the first one would be back up and he'd knock him down again. I was kinda hoping that was what tyron was doing.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Thanks bro. I was right, but he wasn't doing a very good job of blocking them both. It was just enough. I wonder if someone fucked up or if they were counting on getting it out quickly enough.

I remember seeing a profile on an eagles lineman (boom boom or bam bam?) who they counted on to block 2 people at once. What he'd do is knock one to the ground, then knock the second one to the ground. About that time the first one would be back up and he'd knock him down again. I was kinda hoping that was what tyron was doing.

I don't how you can say he was blocking two dudes. He was totally not blocking the top guy (a hand out, barely touching, is not blocking) and he only partially blocked the bottom guy. It was more like a half block in total. The O-Line blocked wrong for the way pressure was coming and there was no RB to pick it up.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't how you can say he was blocking two dudes. He was totally not blocking the top guy (a hand out, barely touching, is not blocking) and he only partially blocked the bottom guy. It was more like a half block in total. The O-Line blocked wrong for the way pressure was coming and there was no RB to pick it up.

Well first of all I said he wasn't doing it well. Second, he got just enough of a hand on him to keep dak safe. The chip that witten laid on him that made him stumble was more important, but you can see he slowed down and leapt because of that hand. He probably expected that tyron was about to switch to blocking him.

I think you're right that the RB was supposed to pick him up. The RB and guard on the other side were unoccupied. One of them clearly should have picked one of them up. I thought that since that was a safety and they had 3 receivers over there with 1 guy left to cover them (that we can see in the clip), maybe they were supposed to go to a hot read and throw right behind him.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
David Johnson out till probably week 11. They are saying maybe even week 13.

Sad.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That's a huge blow to Arizona. I mean, even if Carson Palmer was playing well losing Johnson would be huge. But the way they looked yesterday? Cardinals are fucked

Rams should definitely pass them this year.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Impressive commercial break cadence. In a good way. Only a minute left in the first quarter and the game's been on 20 minutes.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What a stupid fucking rule. Dude is falling, therefore he isn't allowed to go after the QB?

This league man...

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users